GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The 360 games you're looking forward to most"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 04/10/05 at 13:58
Regular
What Xbox 360 games are you most looking forward to, and why? Mine are:

Launch Games
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion- Basically because I loved Morrowind but it was really a little too ambitious (at least for the time it was released). Nevertheless it was a groundbreaking RPG. The 360 should ensure that the next in the series is perfect.

Frame City Killer- Don't know much about this one, but the trailer certainly got me interested. This'll be the other game I get when I get the console (hopefully when the second batch arrives).

Future Games
Fable 2- It's been confirmed. Hopefully they'll take advantage of the 360 and deliver the game they originally promised.

Halo 3- Well, who wouldn't want to play it? Should be awesome.
Wed 05/10/05 at 21:13
Regular
'GTA-style' games have a history of being crap. Remember The Getaway, True Crime and Driv3r?

Even if it is online, I have a bad feeling it'll be disappointing. On the topic of online, you don't have to be online to play Oblivion, right? I'm sure you don't but I just wanted to make sure.
Wed 05/10/05 at 16:17
Regular
Crackdown, online GTA style game? Sounds like the bees knees to me :-).
Wed 05/10/05 at 14:40
Regular
Anyone remotely interested in Oblivion should head over to Gamespot and download the interview video. You will be amazed.
Wed 05/10/05 at 11:13
Regular
"8==="
True but in an interview one of the Fable people was asked if they'd make it any more challenging in Lost Chapters and they said they wouldn't because people didn't like replaying difficult bits. Maybe Fable 2 will be harder but I doubt it, even when I made it more difficult in Fable by only giving myself one health upgrade it was still really easy.

Anyway a nice PSO-like online mode would be excellent.
Wed 05/10/05 at 10:58
Regular
Hedfix wrote:
> It'll probably be far too dumbed-down though, I'll wait to see if
> it's any challenge what-so-ever before I consider getting it.

When its on X-box 360 there's no excuse for dumbing it down. Especially not when you read about what Bethesda plan to include in Oblivion; apparently this time round the NPC's will have little lives of their own- they will eat, sleep, wander around town, have conversations with eachother- instead of just standing in the same spot 24 hours a day. Plus it's got Patrick Stewart in it.
Wed 05/10/05 at 07:55
Regular
"8==="
Del Rogeo wrote:
> Emitime wrote:
> Prey.
>
> Still looks to be the best game ever (for me).
>
> Looks pretty awesome. Let's hope its not just another FPS that
> promised too much.

The footage makes it look like a glorious mind****.
Wed 05/10/05 at 07:55
Regular
"8==="
Oblivion.

Possibly Fable 2 if they take it online and have it play like PSO with small groups working through quests. With Fable's style it'd have a lot more replay value than PSO.

It'll probably be far too dumbed-down though, I'll wait to see if it's any challenge what-so-ever before I consider getting it.
Wed 05/10/05 at 07:48
Regular
Emitime wrote:
> Prey.
>
> Still looks to be the best game ever (for me).

Looks pretty awesome. Let's hope its not just another FPS that promised too much.

Speaking of which, I'm surprised nobody's mentioned Quake IV.
Tue 04/10/05 at 20:46
Regular
"gsybe you!"
PGR3

Everything else looks like it could still turn out/will be rubbish.
Tue 04/10/05 at 19:53
Regular
"Divine Davine"
Well, Kameo seems to look promising, and will hopefully put Rare on track in the long run.

Come on Perfect Dark....

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.