GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The 360 games you're looking forward to most"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 04/10/05 at 13:58
Regular
What Xbox 360 games are you most looking forward to, and why? Mine are:

Launch Games
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion- Basically because I loved Morrowind but it was really a little too ambitious (at least for the time it was released). Nevertheless it was a groundbreaking RPG. The 360 should ensure that the next in the series is perfect.

Frame City Killer- Don't know much about this one, but the trailer certainly got me interested. This'll be the other game I get when I get the console (hopefully when the second batch arrives).

Future Games
Fable 2- It's been confirmed. Hopefully they'll take advantage of the 360 and deliver the game they originally promised.

Halo 3- Well, who wouldn't want to play it? Should be awesome.
Sat 08/10/05 at 16:10
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
5. Mass Effect

Little has ben seen and little is know, but judging by their past efforts, Mass Effect from Bioware should be nothing short of phenomenal. Oblivion will offer quite some competition, and I wouldn't be suprised if both are 9/10 games, but I have a feeling Mass Effect could be bigger, and not only in popularity, but also in size. If you consider the scope of the game, the galactic battles that will take place and all that, how can you not be excited. In short, I think the story will be second to none, and the gameplay will be top draw... It looks beautiful, it'll be out in less than a year and it's probably the final step before Bioware offer us a fully fledged 360 MMO - just imagine!

4. Perfect Dark Zero

I tried to pick this for a GAD win a while back (March time) because I was THAT physched about it... but ever since, it's slipped down my ratings. I have faith in Rare, and i'm sure it'll all be stunning... however, I don't like the HUD, I don't like the cheesey-ness of the dialogue, and with HALO 3 already rumoured and Gears of War due early next year, I think the spotlight will be stolen from this Rare lauch title rather quickly!

3. Project Gotham 3

I don't like stupid fiddley car games. I don't bother with clutch 'X' or gearbox 'Y'. I don't care what the gear ratio is, specifically and I don't care to pull out my hair trying to shave 0.0001 seconds off my lap time. PGR 3 is perfect then. A grand plethora of cars that all do 180+ MPH and it all looks fantastic. Gotham-TV is an interesting feature with an estimated 30,000 people able to watch the same race - possibly more! Forget chugging around a 3.2 mile lap in a VW Polo, get your self in a jet black McLaren F1, stick on some driving tunes and watch that speedometer fly! Just watch out for your handful of LIVE buddies chasing after you in TVRs, Ferraris, Lambos and the like! I can't wait!

2. Kameo: Elements of Power

A suprise hit... That's what I think Kameo will be. It's been 'second place' on the Rare launch titles list ever since PD0 was announced, but when you consider all the FPS/run and gun/murder/death games been released off the back of GTA and HALO 2, I genuinely think Kameo will be the perfect break from the norm. It's rumoured to be a loooong game, it looks beautiful, the fantasy storyline is a breath of fresh air and it's Rare. That last reason may not mean too much to gamers who have only experienced the below-par Grabbed By The Ghoulies and the average Conker Live and Reloaded, but for us old schoolers who remember the genius of the Banjo games and the Donkey Kong Country offerings, a Rare adventure titles gets the juices going. I have high hopes for this one. Definitely a title i'll pick up at launch.

1. Gears of War

Suprised? Don't be. This game is what the 360 was made for. 4-player online Co-Op, excellent graphics, an immersive storyline and more. It's an original IP, and Epic are free to take it in whatever direction they like. I was a sucker for Rainbow Six on LIVE, and I genuinely feel that Gears of War is the game to carry the torch. Granted, we may not have anything new in 16 v 16 death matches, but for online Co-Op (a genuinely sad omission from HALO 2) Gears should be untouchable. It's explosive, should have a great story, it's tactical and uses the UnrealEngine 3.0 - so it should be stable!

I'm looking forward to the 360 in general. I'll get one at launch because A) it should be mint... and B) because it's supported so well. Microsoft have got their act together for round 2, and it shows!
Sat 08/10/05 at 11:29
Regular
Wasn't that the one with loads of annoying random deaths? Or am I mistaken?

Anyways, I just watched the trailer for Dead Rising. Looks like it's basically 'Dawn of The Dead: The Game', but the amount of zombies on-screen at a time is impressive. Might have to give this one a try (supposedly it's out a launch).
Sat 08/10/05 at 11:13
Regular
"8==="
Shadow of Memories?
Sat 08/10/05 at 11:05
Regular
Aye, it's one of those titles that are amazing but pretty much unknown. Much like that game....ummmm what's it now? Released near launch lots of endings. Meh forgot the name.
Sat 08/10/05 at 10:54
Regular
"Divine Davine"
Yeah, the game sadly performed badly at retail, and lost LOADS of money due to how expensive it was to make. They thought of doing Shenmue Online for the PC, but it seems very unlikely - I don't think there will be another Shenmue until Sega have fully secured the market.
Sat 08/10/05 at 10:44
Regular
Ninjax wrote:
> SHEMUE 3 IS COMING OUT!!! where did you heare this TELL ME!!!!!!!

Obviously from an unreliable source because there's no compelling evidence to suggest there will be a Shenmue 3.
Sat 08/10/05 at 10:12
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
Oblivion and PGR3.
Sat 08/10/05 at 10:07
Regular
"boom boom click"
SHEMUE 3 IS COMING OUT!!! where did you heare this TELL ME!!!!!!!
Fri 07/10/05 at 21:36
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Oblivion
PGR3
TestDrive: Overdrive
Full Auto
Ghost Recon 3
Frame City Killer
Saints Row
Dead or Alive 4
Ridge Racer 6
Black
Shenmue 3
Fable 2
Halo 3

Now I've got plenty of reasons to get a 360. :)
Fri 07/10/05 at 21:15
Regular
"Im a Daddy :-)"
For release I would have said PG3 right away but having just wated the latest in game footage I was left a little flat buy it really. Ghost Reacon has now been put back to feb next year. Am hoping that Test Drive will make release day, Oblivion is looking amazing! I can not wait to get lost in that game.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.