GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Bargain Thread"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 30/10/08 at 17:21
Regular
"I like turtles"
We have one purely for games.So here is one for any non console related bargains.Please feel free to add.
Page:
Fri 19/10/12 at 19:11
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
@Hmmm ... get your 'quotes' right ... I didn't post, pete did!

@pete ... had granddaughter from 'stupid o'clock' this morning, so I didn't find anything unusual this morning! Maybe your 'pal' Trevor is the one that 'hacked' you earlier on XBL?
Fri 19/10/12 at 18:28
Regular
"I like turtles"
Hmmm... wrote:
Hi pete_21,
You lost me there - which site was 'pwned' - Freeola's or Microsoft's ?

[s]Hmmm...[/s]

Hi Hmmm, it was this forum mate.

On the main forum page only this thread was visible (for me anyway) and these 2 'orange's' had posted something in it like 'site messed up' followed by 'ha ha pwned by Trevor' (something to that effect anyway). When I logged in (around 8am) and posted a response to DL's comment from last night the rest of the site reappeared again. Was I the only one to experience this or just the 'first on the scene' ? Site has been fine today (popped on a couple times) so it would appear that Trevor's pwnage (if that's was it was?) does not appear to have been permanent.
Fri 19/10/12 at 17:46
"Are you sure?"
pete_21 wrote:
BTW what the hell had those 2 clowns actually managed to do the site, only this thread was showing for me (from the entire forum) this morning until I logged in and posted a reply (when it seemed to clear and return to normal). They had posted some garbage about being pwned by Trevor or something? :S

Hi pete_21,
You lost me there - which site was 'pwned' - Freeola's or Microsoft's ?

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Fri 19/10/12 at 17:02
"possibly impossible"
There was a pre-order offer for Win7 on Amazon back before it was released, I think i posted about it as well. My memory is a bit hazy but I think it was around £50, so I got 2 copies. It was worth it to get away from Vista and Windows 7 has been pretty good so far.

I wish they'd do away with this single user/single licence thing, though. It's stupid in this day and age when many households have more than one computer.

But since they've used the Apple idea of cheaper downloadable Operating Systems, hopefully they might also consider their multi-user one household approach as well.
Fri 19/10/12 at 16:32
Regular
"I like turtles"
DL wrote:
As I thought. It's certainly one of MS's better deals but I shall reserve judgement on W8 as it doesn't seem to have any benefits for gamers at the moment.

Totally agree DL, as mentioned I'm sticking with Win7 myself. However I did pay about £80 for one of my copies of that operating system when I rebuilt my main PC back in July. Had this offer been available back then I presume that I could have installed/activated one of my versions of XP and then upgraded? Would have been quite a saving.

BTW what the hell had those 2 clowns actually managed to do the site, only this thread was showing for me (from the entire forum) this morning until I logged in and posted a reply (when it seemed to clear and return to normal). They had posted some garbage about being pwned by Trevor or something? :S
Fri 19/10/12 at 14:12
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
pete_21 wrote:
''To install Windows 8 Pro, customers must be running Windows XP SP3, Windows Vista or Windows 7.''[/i]

As I thought. It's certainly one of MS's better deals but I shall reserve judgement on W8 as it doesn't seem to have any benefits for gamers at the moment.
Fri 19/10/12 at 08:04
Regular
"I like turtles"
Looks like the shock of me posting a good deal for once has screwed the site up.....

EDIT: now it's back.

DL, would presume it would be an OS upgrade for that price but even so it's a mega deal IMO (especially for XP/Vista users). I'm sticking with Win 7 for the moment though, had no issues whatsoever with it (have it on 3 of my 4 machines), if it ain't broke...

EDIT2: Yeah it's an upgrade:

''To install Windows 8 Pro, customers must be running Windows XP SP3, Windows Vista or Windows 7.''
Thu 18/10/12 at 22:10
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Is this for an existing OS upgrade or a 'brand spanking new version'?

Last month I heard that anyone with XP, Vista or 7 could upgrade for £26 but if you'd bought a 7 PC this June or later then you'd get the same upgrade for £14.99. Not a bad deal for once then!
Thu 18/10/12 at 21:57
Regular
"I like turtles"
Windows 8 Pro £24.99 download version (if pre-ordered before 24/10, download available from 26/10) at Microsoft Store

Presuming it's the upgrade version but still well cheap if anyone is after a copy.
Sun 07/10/12 at 12:07
Regular
"I like turtles"
TP-LINK TL-PA211 200Mbs homeplug kit £23.99 at PC World

Free home delivery or can be reserved for instore collection.

I have a set of these and they're very good, well worth getting at this price.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.