GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"If God created EVERYTHING..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 16/12/02 at 19:01
Regular
..why is there no mention of Dinosaurs in the story of creation, or in the whole Bible for that matter?
Mon 16/12/02 at 21:50
"+ suspicious minds"
Most people just go with the God plan because they 'Know' he 'loves' them.

nobody takes into account the fact the Bible is full of crap

or the fact that preists have been abusing their influence to molester children.

they claim I'ts all mans sinful fault and sit there happily leading one of the most boring existances ever.

I always, always give christians political Greif.
Mon 16/12/02 at 21:50
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
God dont exist pure and simple.
Tue 17/12/02 at 10:11
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
Much as I would love to get involved in this, I don't want to upset anyone.
Tue 17/12/02 at 10:15
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
I dont know whether God exists or not.
Neither do you.
That's why it's called Faith.

The End.
Tue 17/12/02 at 10:26
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
"And lo, Jesus and the disciples travelled towards Galilee, but their path was blocked, by a Brontosaurus with a splinter in his paw. And lo, the disicples all ran about screaming saying 'what a big ***** lizard, oh Lord, I'm definitely going to write about this in my book'"

Bit of Hicks to start the day.
Tue 17/12/02 at 12:01
Regular
People just don't get what the bible is all about.

Evolution seems obvious to us in this day and age, but back when God gave stories for the bible, it would've been a concept a bit difficult for the simple farmers to grasp and it would have confused them unnecesarily.
God COULD have spent ages teaching it to them, or he could just give them the important bits of how to behave.

It's like...

ok, do parents tell their children the full details of how they were born?
No. They simplify it down to the bare essentials - baby comes out of mummy - and leave the rest until they are older and ready.

That's why it's so stupid when some people quote the bible to prove a point. The rules were written to be followed by simple people in a simple world.

In todays complex world, using these set rules is impractical and silly.
That's why people should try to understand WHY God lay down these rules, so we can work out how he'd want us to live in the modern world.

The fact that the Spannish Inquisition went around burning people because they didn't believe in God pretty much shows that they didn't quite "get it"...
Tue 17/12/02 at 12:05
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
You just knew it would take something like this to drag me back in here again didn't you Asher ?

Yes - as Ant stated - they are mentioned - Leviathan and Behemoth both of which are mentioned by Job and there are numerous mentions of Dragons.

There are numerous theories and the main accepted one is that whatever was left at the time was killed in the flood (what you don't believe that either ?)

There has been some very interesting discoveries recently concerning dinosaur bones etc - some of the most amazing and unexplainable through modern scientific and geoligical understanding being things like human bones together with tools and dinosaur bones being found in the same fossil layer, Native American Petroglyphs , Cave and cliff drawings in Utah and Colorado crudely depict certain dinosaur species (dated from 400 A.D. to 1300 A.D.).Ica Stones. Ceremonial burial stones discovered in Ica, Peru depict numerous species of dinosaurs, some in activities with man (dated from 500 A.D. to 1500 A.D.). Acambaro Figurines. Ceramic and stone figurines discovered in Acambaro, Mexico represent many species of dinosaurs (dated from 800 B.C. to 200 A.D.).

I'm not trying to state that everything we have ever heard about dinosaurs is wrong - but maybe they all didn't dissapear 60 odd million years ago - maybe some did survive ?

Oh - and well said Goaty - I happen to have faith and belief.

* Flanders crawls back into the hole he has been hiding in for the last 5 / 6 weeks *
Tue 17/12/02 at 12:23
Regular
"Not your monkey"
On the subject of the flood, didn't they find part of the Ark at the top of a mountain? Pretty sure they did but I can't find any references to it anymore.

Oh, and someone below was talking about explaining away the miracles. I'd like to see how they explain these - is there a link anywhere? Love to know how they explain parting the red sea!
Tue 17/12/02 at 12:25
Regular
"Not your monkey"
L337ist wrote:
> Surely the better question would be "Why do people think that the
> Bible is real but not 1984?" or another wacky piece of fiction.

Have you read the bible? I'd like to see 1984 fortell the things the bible has done.
Tue 17/12/02 at 12:50
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Now this is something I've never understood.
And it holds true with all manner of "prophecies" ranging from Nostradamus to The Torah.
"Oooh, in the middle of it there's a code that tells you Sept 11th was going to happen" etc etc.

Why does nobody figure it out until afterwards?
You can apply the same logic to *any* information and see patterns.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.