GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"If God created EVERYTHING..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 16/12/02 at 19:01
Regular
..why is there no mention of Dinosaurs in the story of creation, or in the whole Bible for that matter?
Mon 30/12/02 at 02:02
Regular
"thursdayton!"
If God created EVERYTHING...
... but he didn't (as he doens'nt exist in my opinion) so no need to ask questions like this.
Mon 30/12/02 at 01:51
Regular
"cachoo"
pb wrote:
> Boy, is this an interesting thread! (i really mean that, no ;-) in
> sight)

I agree!! From what u ppl have said, I think I might just settle down with a nice cuppa... curl up in a comfy chair & read the Bible and see what you're talking about. I'm not being sarcastic either!

I'd rather read it and have my opinions than listen to what my ex RE teacher said about it... BTW, do all R.E teachers diss God and the Bible? Cos mine did... Hmmm .. :-/
Thu 19/12/02 at 22:33
adamskii wrote:
> As intelligent as us humans like to think we are, we arn't.
> Do you realy think that our human brains are so far advanced that we
> can even begin to comprehend such puzzles?

But, if as many suspect, the Bible is the work of people, and it has been proven to be changed over the centuries by self interested groups, then doesn't that mean we're blindly following what we are told ? Whilst, in your view, we're thick, we're the dominant species on this planet, and we've come a long way from caveman days y'know ?

> If someones telling you something about god or whatever, dont just
> ignore
> because once you pop your clogs there is no going back to rectify,
> your screwed!

Surely we all have a freedom to believe and ignore what we wish to ? What you believe is not going to effect you after you die because, if there is life after death in some form, it will not be affected by religion as that is a human construct. Science can - eventually - explain everything.

> People who are narrow minded should just shut up. Lets face it,your
> too stupid to have a valid point of view.

Your own arguments here sound pretty narrow minded. I'm always somewhat wary of anyone who declares themselves above others, and then tells those people to shut up. If you're beliefs are true the you will be able to defend them to anyone.

>Imagine if you would have
> told someone 200 years ago that
>
> "In the future there will be this box powered by invisible
> energy(electricity)and invisible waves would fly through the air,into
> the box and make moving pictures will appear"
>
> They certainly wouldn't believe you,not to mention being chucked in a
> loony bin, or burned as a witch or some crazy sh like that. But look
> it exists and surprise, it's a TV. My point is keep an open mind.

200 years ago there was still a belief in magic as something more than pulling a bunny out of a hat, but now their is little. People back then would have still believed in it, and would have thought anyone loony who said that belief would be so dead now. Certainly, given you're description, it would seem bizarre, but try explaining it in scientific terms and it's a good bet that a scientist 200 years ago would believe you. your description of the TV sounds magical with invisible waves, flying through the air, moving pictures e.t.c. but describe it technically and it seems less so.

> My way is to not bother tormenting myself about jesus, god, the
> bible,the meaning of life,what created us, stuff that happened ages
> ago but to have a feeling in my mind of respect, greatfullness and
> humbleness towards whatever it is that is out there. If it turns out
> ther is nothing then boo hoo, nevermind It's game over anyway.

Game over ? We're two years into a new millennium, the game has just begun ! I find it fascinating looking at who we are, why we are here, how. We got here somehow didn't we ? Sure, have respect, but to what ? What if we are here as a result of another race, or a pure fluke ? Blind respect is questionable in my opinion.
Thu 19/12/02 at 20:26
As intelligent as us humans like to think we are, we arn't.
Do you realy think that our human brains are so far advanced that we can even begin to comprehend such puzzles?

Don't we only use something like 7% of the brain anyway? That makes us realy thick as a species!

My view(I'm using 11%)is not to be ignorant:
If someones telling you something about god or whatever, dont just ignore
because once you pop your clogs there is no going back to rectify, your screwed!

People who are narrow minded should just shut up. Lets face it,your too stupid to have a valid point of view. Imagine if you would have told someone 200 years ago that

"In the future there will be this box powered by invisible energy(electricity)and invisible waves would fly through the air,into the box and make moving pictures will appear"

They certainly wouldn't believe you,not to mention being chucked in a loony bin, or burned as a witch or some crazy sh like that. But look it exists and surprise, it's a TV. My point is keep an open mind.

My way is to not bother tormenting myself about jesus, god, the bible,the meaning of life,what created us, stuff that happened ages ago but to have a feeling in my mind of respect, greatfullness and humbleness towards whatever it is that is out there. If it turns out ther is nothing then boo hoo, nevermind It's game over anyway.
Thu 19/12/02 at 19:28
Because the Bible was written by people, not a God or Jesus, but people. Those people probably lacked the radar finding devices, excavators e.t.c of today *massive understatement* to find evidence of the dinosaurs... Even if you buy into the whole Jesus thing then he'd conceivably have no reason to mention the dinosaurs anyway, what is he going to say anyway ?

"By the way guys, and girls, there was this race called dinosaurs, and they got wiped out by a meteorite strike, which your lord god was unable to prevent, so you lot are like attempt number 2, or something"

Actually, and I know someone has probably mentioned it, when man has been around for ages beforehand, why does God send someone just 2000 years ago, who then promptly gets killed not long after his arrival anyway ? Y'have to wonder sometimes what thats all about, really I mean, not this "he gave his son for us" stuff...
Thu 19/12/02 at 19:16
"Mimmargh!"
Strokes wrote:
> There is more evidence to prove the exsistence of Jesus Christ than
> there is evidence of Julius Ceaser...

Yes, but Caesar didn't go round turning water into wine and walking over water, thus is a more believable character.
Thu 19/12/02 at 15:57
"The Will of D."
Gangsta Hamsta wrote:
> P@st@ wrote:
> Simple, because dinosaurs couldn't write and by them time we came
> along God had forgotten about them.
>
> The bible is tripe.
>
>
> Filthy, ignorant cretin

Filthy, ignorant cretin.
Thu 19/12/02 at 12:08
Regular
"Well hit on me..."
Asher D wrote:
> ..why is there no mention of Dinosaurs in the story of creation, or in
> the whole Bible for that matter?

Simple, because dinosaurs couldn't write and by them time we came along God had forgotten about them.

The bible is tripe.
Thu 19/12/02 at 12:02
Regular
"Not your monkey"
Insane Bartender wrote:
> The majority of christians never read most of the bible either. They
> worship because they are told to do so, and believe whatever it is is
> told to them by whoever influences them to do so.

In which case, they are no better than everyone else.

Believing because 'you are told to' is useless. Robots and computers can do that. They miss the point of worship entirely.
Thu 19/12/02 at 10:02
"Darkness, always"
The majority of christians never read most of the bible either. They worship because they are told to do so, and believe whatever it is is told to them by whoever influences them to do so.

Doors almost always swing both ways.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.