GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Humbug."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 16/12/02 at 13:12
Regular
torticullis' semi-comprehensible drivel and theannoying_one's two second contribution drive out my "rage" and "insults" threads respectively and win the GADs.

Being the bitter person I am, I'll complain about this. Why? Because I can.

I mean, for christ's sake, does no-one actually read these posts? In fact, forget that question. I know they don't. If they did, the likes of "Vive City Rap" (yes, I'm ranting about that toss again) wouoldn't even be in contention for spitting at, much less winning something.

Alas, whatever decent writing I put on here is simply handed off as over-intellectual babble. I can only assume that whoever is deciding GAD these days has the literacy of a five year old orangutang.

I don't deliberately try to win GAD, and to be honest, in the past I've won it unjustly once or twice myself. But even those posts were at least interesting to read, brought forward debatable points, and were generally of some quality. But when I put together a decent post (or five), I don't expect to win, as there are a lot of good quality posts on the forums on a daily basis, so when some utter drivel wins ahead of not only mine, but a dozen other far more worthy posts, it makes a mockery of the whole system.

Ooh, he hasn't won before, drop him a prize for persistence.

It's about time they re-wrote the GAD rules:

"Post on the forums, and your name will be dropped into a hat, or simply burned if you're any good, and you can win a prize at random."

That said, they say that taste is a relative thing, so we're back to the literacy level and ability of the GAD reviewers to hold their attention on a post long enough to make a decent decision.

I could rant all day, but I won't. And to the cynics among you, I'm bitter because crap posts keep winning, not because I don't. Vice City sodding Rap.

Jesus christ. I'd rather rub my face against high grade sandpaper for half an hour and then apply some old spice than read that sort of toss.

IB
Mon 16/12/02 at 13:12
"Darkness, always"
torticullis' semi-comprehensible drivel and theannoying_one's two second contribution drive out my "rage" and "insults" threads respectively and win the GADs.

Being the bitter person I am, I'll complain about this. Why? Because I can.

I mean, for christ's sake, does no-one actually read these posts? In fact, forget that question. I know they don't. If they did, the likes of "Vive City Rap" (yes, I'm ranting about that toss again) wouoldn't even be in contention for spitting at, much less winning something.

Alas, whatever decent writing I put on here is simply handed off as over-intellectual babble. I can only assume that whoever is deciding GAD these days has the literacy of a five year old orangutang.

I don't deliberately try to win GAD, and to be honest, in the past I've won it unjustly once or twice myself. But even those posts were at least interesting to read, brought forward debatable points, and were generally of some quality. But when I put together a decent post (or five), I don't expect to win, as there are a lot of good quality posts on the forums on a daily basis, so when some utter drivel wins ahead of not only mine, but a dozen other far more worthy posts, it makes a mockery of the whole system.

Ooh, he hasn't won before, drop him a prize for persistence.

It's about time they re-wrote the GAD rules:

"Post on the forums, and your name will be dropped into a hat, or simply burned if you're any good, and you can win a prize at random."

That said, they say that taste is a relative thing, so we're back to the literacy level and ability of the GAD reviewers to hold their attention on a post long enough to make a decent decision.

I could rant all day, but I won't. And to the cynics among you, I'm bitter because crap posts keep winning, not because I don't. Vice City sodding Rap.

Jesus christ. I'd rather rub my face against high grade sandpaper for half an hour and then apply some old spice than read that sort of toss.

IB
Mon 16/12/02 at 13:20
Regular
"Not your monkey"
Filthy ignorant cretins, the lot of them.
Mon 16/12/02 at 13:26
Regular
"Well hit on me..."
I've won two, one maybe a bit unjustly (The one I did for a review),

But the other one I was quite proud of, Mario Brothers: Plummers Of Rage,

Even though no-one replied to it.
Mon 16/12/02 at 13:28
"Darkness, always"
I mean look! I've shown the forums how to hurl intelligently thought out abuse at one another without aggravating the swear filters. Surely that warrants a little recognition!

Certainly more so than a load of boring, rhetoric, unfathomable, mediocre codswallop.
Mon 16/12/02 at 13:37
Insane Bartender wrote:
> I can only assume that whoever is deciding
> GAD these days has the literacy of a five year old orangutang.

Err....that's orangutan. No G.
Mon 16/12/02 at 13:39
"Darkness, always"
like i care. what am I? Mr impeccable spelling?

I don't give a damn about expectations. I certainly don't give a damn about how you want me to spell when no-one else seems to care how they manage themselves.

i tlk txt n stuff rararar.

witless buffoonery. Two words that sum up these forums perfectly.
Mon 16/12/02 at 13:47
Regular
"Not your monkey"
Insane Bartender wrote:
> witless buffoonery.

'Witless buffoonery with monkeys' seems to be more apt.
Mon 16/12/02 at 14:04
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
Your "Insults" post deserved to win the GAD prize.
Mon 16/12/02 at 14:20
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
I have to admit, i thought you were robbed, your insults post was tops.
Mon 16/12/02 at 14:25
Regular
"relocated"
The first time I won GAD it was pretty undeserved. My thread was about three paragraphs long; good spelling, nice grammar, excellent punctuation, just not very inspired. Goatboy moaned about in my thread. Free game, pee off a notable: two prizes in one.

I'd like to see more topics in Life win prizes because they tend to be more interesting, but I don't think the entire system is corrupt.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.