GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Humbug."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 16/12/02 at 13:12
Regular
torticullis' semi-comprehensible drivel and theannoying_one's two second contribution drive out my "rage" and "insults" threads respectively and win the GADs.

Being the bitter person I am, I'll complain about this. Why? Because I can.

I mean, for christ's sake, does no-one actually read these posts? In fact, forget that question. I know they don't. If they did, the likes of "Vive City Rap" (yes, I'm ranting about that toss again) wouoldn't even be in contention for spitting at, much less winning something.

Alas, whatever decent writing I put on here is simply handed off as over-intellectual babble. I can only assume that whoever is deciding GAD these days has the literacy of a five year old orangutang.

I don't deliberately try to win GAD, and to be honest, in the past I've won it unjustly once or twice myself. But even those posts were at least interesting to read, brought forward debatable points, and were generally of some quality. But when I put together a decent post (or five), I don't expect to win, as there are a lot of good quality posts on the forums on a daily basis, so when some utter drivel wins ahead of not only mine, but a dozen other far more worthy posts, it makes a mockery of the whole system.

Ooh, he hasn't won before, drop him a prize for persistence.

It's about time they re-wrote the GAD rules:

"Post on the forums, and your name will be dropped into a hat, or simply burned if you're any good, and you can win a prize at random."

That said, they say that taste is a relative thing, so we're back to the literacy level and ability of the GAD reviewers to hold their attention on a post long enough to make a decent decision.

I could rant all day, but I won't. And to the cynics among you, I'm bitter because crap posts keep winning, not because I don't. Vice City sodding Rap.

Jesus christ. I'd rather rub my face against high grade sandpaper for half an hour and then apply some old spice than read that sort of toss.

IB
Thu 19/12/02 at 21:11
Regular
"I like cheese"
The thing is, they won't retain customers if the same people win everyday. If the absolute best post was rewarded everyday, then as we've said, people like Goaty and Meka would be running out of games to get. Although I did enjoy both of the aforementioned posts, and there's no reason why you shouldn't of won, but it just wasn't your day I guess.

Anyway, if you want a real challenge try winning a GAD in the WWE Forum. :D
Thu 19/12/02 at 20:11
Insane Bartender wrote:
> Arrogant leper. I'll talk to you when you get your head out of your
> backside, and lose sight of your current witless bufoonery.

If you feel you must persist with this relentless barage of insults, the least you could do is to think up new ones. You've used "witless buffoonery" about three times now.
Wed 18/12/02 at 17:16
Regular
"Amphib-ophile"
This is good stuff. Brought the first smile of the day to my face.

*leans back, and waves lazily*

Keep it up, chaps...
Wed 18/12/02 at 17:11
Regular
"bing bang bong"
Insane Bartender wrote:
> insults

You sound like cherry, but with bigger words
Wed 18/12/02 at 17:05
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
Insane Bartender wrote:
> Whatever. What would I do with a GAD? There aren't any games out I
> haven't got. What have I got to be upset about? Actually, I have
> plenty of things to be upset about, this isn't one of them.

Which is why you've made a topic about this rather than the other things?

> And my
> apologies if my insults are too big for your meagre and underutilised
> intellect, but personally, I prefer something other than retorting
> with "nob" and "idiot" and other more sexually
> tinted common insults.

Oh I understand them all right, but if you have no problem coming off as both precoscious and sad all at once then be my guest.

> All I want is to be able to look on the GAD list now and then and not
> see tripe littered all over it. Maybe I'm on the wrong forum.

Look at it now. Out of around 100 posts, there are only five or ten that I don't think are particularly good, and that's just my opinion.

> Well read it again then you small-minded buffoon. Maybe this time
> you'll take some of it in.

What exactly would that achieve? This is about GADs not being allocated/awarded properly, stemming from you not getting one which, whether you try and go back on what you've already said in this topic or not, is true.
Wed 18/12/02 at 17:03
Regular
"Excommunicated"
They're give over 70 grand of free stuff away and supply us with many forums

Only polite not to complain

I feel for anyone who needs to read through this crap
Wed 18/12/02 at 16:48
"Darkness, always"
Mr Snuggly wrote:
> it's about attracting and keeping customers

<==
Wed 18/12/02 at 16:47
"Darkness, always"
El Blokey wrote:
> It's not under false pretences. If anything, they go out of their way
> to give everyone a chance by not always giving it to Meka, as
> previously stated. The thread is entitled humbug, and is full of your
> long posts full of drivel and overly complicated insults, such as the
> one below. Yet you still insist it's not all sour grapes.

Whatever. What would I do with a GAD? There aren't any games out I haven't got. What have I got to be upset about? Actually, I have plenty of things to be upset about, this isn't one of them. And my apologies if my insults are too big for your meagre and underutilised intellect, but personally, I prefer something other than retorting with "nob" and "idiot" and other more sexually tinted common insults.

Apologies if I don't act like you do.

All I want is to be able to look on the GAD list now and then and not see tripe littered all over it. Maybe I'm on the wrong forum.

> For your information I've read it all...well, most of it.

Well read it again then you small-minded buffoon. Maybe this time you'll take some of it in.
Wed 18/12/02 at 16:38
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
Insane Bartender wrote:
> Because it's given under false pretenses perhaps? which is what the
> entire thread is about.

It's not under false pretences. If anything, they go out of their way to give everyone a chance by not always giving it to Meka, as previously stated. The thread is entitled humbug, and is full of your long posts full of drivel and overly complicated insults, such as the one below. Yet you still insist it's not all sour grapes.

> Of course, I don't expect you to have read it. God forbid you have a
> clue what you're talking about before you open your halitosis ridden
> gob.

For your information I've read it all...well, most of it.
Wed 18/12/02 at 16:37
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Insane Bartender wrote:
> Giving out GADs to consistently good posters isn't part of it, > attracting and retaining customers is.

Then why do people like Meka, pb and Goatboy sit at the top of the GAD winners list then? You're half right, of course it's about attracting and keeping customers, but not by rewarding poor posts. Your definition of an uninteresting read may not be that of someone elses. And like I said before, if (by whoever's definition) 'the best post' of the day always won, then there would rarely be any winners outside of the Notables and a few select Regulars - that's bad business, and ultimately, that's what we're in it for.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.