GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Laptops...."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 10/12/02 at 19:58
Regular
hey guys, hows it goin?
im buying myself a laptop for christmas and i was wonderin if they are any good for playin games on? games from age of empires to unreal tournament etc. ive heard that they can sometimes be problematic with games and i was just wonderin if any of ye guys had one (or knew about them for games).
any help greatly appreciated.
Amos.
PS. the specs are... (ish) 2.4gHz, 256ram, 30gb hard drive, 32mb graphics (shared) etc. cheers again!
Tue 10/12/02 at 20:10
Regular
"NJAN"
right so get a gfx card, will that add must to the price (broke student here)? do you recommend any particular brand?
also, how long does a battery usually last, say playing games or dvds? and are they expensive to get a second one?
cheers for the help,
Amos.
Tue 10/12/02 at 20:01
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
...although AoE and Unreal Tournament shoudl be fine.
Tue 10/12/02 at 20:00
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Onboard graphics. Basically forget it. At least get a laptop with an actual graphics card it you plan to play games, else you'll run into real troubles playing even some slightly older games.
Tue 10/12/02 at 19:58
Regular
"NJAN"
hey guys, hows it goin?
im buying myself a laptop for christmas and i was wonderin if they are any good for playin games on? games from age of empires to unreal tournament etc. ive heard that they can sometimes be problematic with games and i was just wonderin if any of ye guys had one (or knew about them for games).
any help greatly appreciated.
Amos.
PS. the specs are... (ish) 2.4gHz, 256ram, 30gb hard drive, 32mb graphics (shared) etc. cheers again!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.