GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Quake 4"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Quake 4'.
Fri 21/10/05 at 01:10
Regular
I swear I've just been playing Doom 3 for the last half an hour.

It's basically Doom 3 with different enemies.
Fri 04/11/05 at 14:49
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Just finished Q4. Very entertaining while it lasted, although the ending boss was a walkover. crap and short ending too.

I've put a finger on why I've found it so time comsuming this past week. It's because it feels like a console game.

Loved the (sort of) Serious Sam big bosses too.
Fri 04/11/05 at 14:43
Regular
"respect my che"
Chippxero wrote:
> As i said the same War.
>
> :( Didn’t realise it was done by a different team though, it's kind
> of dampened my hopes for this.

Thats interesting that it dampens your hopes. The original game by id (Return to castle Wolfenstein) was a flop online, whereas Enemy Territory was nominated for a BAFTA and won several game of the year awards and was Splash Damage's first published title. I don't think people should be looking at smaller developers these days and always expecting rubbish. Look at EA - perfect example of why bigger isn't always better, they prove time and time again that they just don't care about the gamer, why would they have to? The smaller developers often have a great great deal of talent, they have to compete with the big boys who can sell games through advertising campaigns alone.

I'm predicting that Quake Wars will outsell Quake 4 at least two-fold, anyone for a wager ;d
Fri 04/11/05 at 14:00
Regular
"Captain to you."
As i said the same War.

:( Didn’t realise it was done by a different team though, it's kind of dampened my hopes for this.
Fri 04/11/05 at 13:51
Regular
"respect my che"
Chippxero wrote:
> Made by the same team as Q4 based on the same war you're fighting in
> the single player.
>
> [URL]http://www.enemyterritory.com/[/URL]

Incorrect.

Enemy Territory : Quake Wars is being 'made' by the same people that put together the incredible RtcW Enemy Territory. They are called Splash Damage, a UK developer. They have direction from id, but as far as game content it's going to be completely different from Quake 4. It's true that it will be based on the warring marines & strogg, but the battle is in a different location. I believe in both Quake 2 and 4, the battle takes place on the Strogg homeworld. Quake Wars depicts the prequel to both, and takes place on Earth - essentially where the whole thing kicks off. I know a few of the chaps personally from Splash Damage and believe me when I say they really know how to make a great game.

I'm looking forward to this one, I think raven did a 'triffic job on Quake 4, what with all the fans to please and so on, but expect Quake Wars to be a totally different experience altogether.
Thu 03/11/05 at 09:17
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Mackieee wrote:
> Who gives a damm about the single player, its the mutliplayer where it
> counts

Not unless you're looking for a storyline and plot as opposed to spawnKillDeath for a change.

[edit] The opening assult event on the first of the three towers is superb. It's nice to get suprised by the imagination some developers show, and especially wringing such impressive results out of the limited Doom3 engine.
Thu 03/11/05 at 00:33
Regular
My input:

I hate you all for having better PC's than me.

fin
Wed 02/11/05 at 23:28
Regular
"Plain Misunderstood"
Mackie!! You're alive!

Hows it going bud?!
Wed 02/11/05 at 19:34
Regular
"Captain to you."
Single player gameplay is everything in single player games.
Wed 02/11/05 at 19:03
Regular
"Formally:Ev][L~DarK"
Who gives a damm about the single player, its the mutliplayer where it counts
Sun 30/10/05 at 17:01
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
I'm actually prefering Q4 to F.E.A.R.

I'm bored of fears single enemy already. There's no variation. Nice scares and impressive AI, but it's just a little too pedestiran and samey for me.

Q4 is feeling like a cross between Halo (Dunno why), Call of Duty and D3. It's superb so far, paced perfectly and incredibly good fun.

Q4 screenies.

[URL]http://img419.imageshack.us/my.php?image=shot000043sc.jpg[/URL]
[URL]http://img419.imageshack.us/my.php?image=shot000027bp.jpg[/URL]

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.