GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GENERAL GAMES QUIZ"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 18/12/00 at 22:32
Regular
I've put this together in a few mins... It's not long, but see how many you can get:

1) What was the first task Miyamoto worked on concerning video games.

2) Name the first 3 3d games (in order) made by sega. As a hint, they were arcade titles, and when I say 3d, I mean proper polygon games. You should be able to name them out of order, because everyone will have heard of them.

3) The head of Nintendo once said to the press, "At first we will not allow 3rd party developers to work on it [N64]". This soon backfired. The question is, "How many games were available for the N64 in Japan 3 months after launch?"

4) How much has Microsoft allocated Xbox advertisments?

5) Why is Trip Hawkins famous?

6) Name 2 of the 3 video games exhibited in the smithsonian museum.

7) Sega has recently broken up into several companies. Give 5 of the new names for the R&D (/AM) departments.

8) Before being named as the PS2, what did Sony demand that magazines refered to their new console as?

9) Here's an open one. Name 3 opposites between Mario and Sonic. As an example, one wears red, the other blue.

10) And finally, name as many new consoles as you can. The earliest you can start with is the DC. I can name 6 off the top of my head. Please, no handhelds!

It may not be too hard, but there it is!
Merry Xmas
Rav
Wed 20/12/00 at 19:24
Regular
"I like cheese"
Errrr... I've only ever woned 2 consoles, and I'm only 13 so I don't know many, but I'll try...

1. ????

2. errrr Sonic errr???

3. TWO!!!!!! MAMAMAMAMAMAMAMAMA!!!!! {:)

4. ???

5. His name was Hawkins and he went on a long long trip. {:)

6. ?????

i) Let's go for a drink at the pub department.
ii) Let's go for a drink AND have a lunch at the pub department.
iii) Advertising department.
iv) Game designing Department?
v) Boring games department (they came up with "Sega Bass Fishing" in this department)

8.Was it "Sony's Revolutionary Machine which will only be available by pre-order and most people will not get one to 2001"???

9. One wears red, the other wears blue, one is on Nintendo, the other on Sega and Mario is fat and slow and Sonic is slim and fast.

10. Dreamcast, Playstation 2, GameCube, X-Box errrr there is another one by a new developer but I can't remember its name.
Wed 20/12/00 at 19:01
Regular
"everyone says it"
no it really is a boring quiz
Wed 20/12/00 at 18:56
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Er-no, it's only boring coz u got them all wrong! Except for the mario vs. sonic one that was just for idiots!

Rav
Wed 20/12/00 at 18:49
Regular
Er no read this:

Rav said:
Hey, rhino boy- yer, I'm talking to you- why not try my general quiz! It ain't hard, but you load of pusies make it look that way! And you yellow-bellied fools call yourselves gamers!
Wed 20/12/00 at 18:47
Regular
"everyone says it"
1)

He drew characters and presented them to Asuri Miynoto, Miyamotos dad had asked him to look at the pictures, and the he was taken in by Nintendo.

2)

er-no

3)

4)

Gates weekly pocket money, 30million

5)

because he keeps triping over stuff!

6)

Mario Cement, Tutocarmon 64

7)

S.. e..... G.... a.....!!...

8)

son of satan

9)

one had a mousthache
one has a dikc (mario)
one has a really cool catchphase (itsame)

10)

PS900
Gamecube
Pys-colm
Ybox
er-nos wonder box
er-nos wickeeed box 3
er-nos this is a boring quiz
Wed 20/12/00 at 18:46
Regular
Lol!
Wed 20/12/00 at 18:06
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Anytime now... come on! Ant, Fantsaymeister, Tony, anyone!!!!

Rav
Tue 19/12/00 at 20:20
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
can anyone answer the questions? they're not that hard!

Rav
Tue 19/12/00 at 19:29
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
come on people! Your doing really badely!!!

Rav
Tue 19/12/00 at 18:41
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
All wrong except the Sonic vs. Mario one! Come on people!!!! They're not even hard!

Rav

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.