GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GENERAL GAMES QUIZ"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 18/12/00 at 22:32
Regular
I've put this together in a few mins... It's not long, but see how many you can get:

1) What was the first task Miyamoto worked on concerning video games.

2) Name the first 3 3d games (in order) made by sega. As a hint, they were arcade titles, and when I say 3d, I mean proper polygon games. You should be able to name them out of order, because everyone will have heard of them.

3) The head of Nintendo once said to the press, "At first we will not allow 3rd party developers to work on it [N64]". This soon backfired. The question is, "How many games were available for the N64 in Japan 3 months after launch?"

4) How much has Microsoft allocated Xbox advertisments?

5) Why is Trip Hawkins famous?

6) Name 2 of the 3 video games exhibited in the smithsonian museum.

7) Sega has recently broken up into several companies. Give 5 of the new names for the R&D (/AM) departments.

8) Before being named as the PS2, what did Sony demand that magazines refered to their new console as?

9) Here's an open one. Name 3 opposites between Mario and Sonic. As an example, one wears red, the other blue.

10) And finally, name as many new consoles as you can. The earliest you can start with is the DC. I can name 6 off the top of my head. Please, no handhelds!

It may not be too hard, but there it is!
Merry Xmas
Rav
Mon 18/12/00 at 22:32
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
I've put this together in a few mins... It's not long, but see how many you can get:

1) What was the first task Miyamoto worked on concerning video games.

2) Name the first 3 3d games (in order) made by sega. As a hint, they were arcade titles, and when I say 3d, I mean proper polygon games. You should be able to name them out of order, because everyone will have heard of them.

3) The head of Nintendo once said to the press, "At first we will not allow 3rd party developers to work on it [N64]". This soon backfired. The question is, "How many games were available for the N64 in Japan 3 months after launch?"

4) How much has Microsoft allocated Xbox advertisments?

5) Why is Trip Hawkins famous?

6) Name 2 of the 3 video games exhibited in the smithsonian museum.

7) Sega has recently broken up into several companies. Give 5 of the new names for the R&D (/AM) departments.

8) Before being named as the PS2, what did Sony demand that magazines refered to their new console as?

9) Here's an open one. Name 3 opposites between Mario and Sonic. As an example, one wears red, the other blue.

10) And finally, name as many new consoles as you can. The earliest you can start with is the DC. I can name 6 off the top of my head. Please, no handhelds!

It may not be too hard, but there it is!
Merry Xmas
Rav
Mon 18/12/00 at 22:34
is 1) Mario
Mon 18/12/00 at 22:36
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Not only were the questions easy... but that's wrong! Well, not totally, but what about the game's name, and what he did on it?

Rav
Mon 18/12/00 at 22:36
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
7) Sega's R&D Departments:

(i) 'Let's make a CD-Add-on again!'
(ii) 'We still working on that Saturn or what?'
(iii)'Megadrive Appreciation Society Here.'
(iv) 'Think we can borrow some money from Nintendo?'
(v) 'Bright Ideas Department'

Department (v) is located in a bar 100 yard from Sega HQ.
Mon 18/12/00 at 22:39
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
yes..... something more sensible fantasymeister??? I'll be impressed if u get the trip hawkins question

Rav
Mon 18/12/00 at 22:40
Regular
9) Mario is a human character
Mario is a plumber
Mario appears in Super Mario.

Sonic doesn't do any of the above.
Mon 18/12/00 at 22:41
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Finally, getting somewhere... obviously, that was the easiest question. The quiz has a mix of hard and easy... anyone heard of trip hawkins???

Rav
Mon 18/12/00 at 22:49
Regular
Trip Hawkins was the founder of EA and current CEO of 3DO.
Mon 18/12/00 at 22:52
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
OOOOOOOOOO... so close... but not what I was looking for! Think about the second part of your answer and expand. Why is hw always included in "where games went wrong" supliments?

Rav
Mon 18/12/00 at 22:54
Regular
He predicted that the 32-bit market would be a 'fad' and be shortlived. His crystal ball is widely believed to be very cracked, just like his predictions.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.