GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Your Views of EMULATION (Good,bad or not the same)"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 17/12/00 at 19:07
Regular
Emulation occurs in almost every console. What are your views on the matter. I personally don't like it because of it's experience and the hassel. I feel it is just not the same as true gaming and it is pointless with the new systems
Mon 18/12/00 at 10:54
I enjoyed playing the sonic series and street fighter
Mon 18/12/00 at 09:10
Regular
"not dead"
I agree with Rav.

Emulating old systems = good.

Emulating current systems = bad.

I have emulators for the SMS, NES, and I recently downloaded a Megadrive emulator, so that I could tackle PS2. Been playing Road Rash over the weekend though!
Sun 17/12/00 at 23:53
anymore views
Sun 17/12/00 at 23:07
Regular
"everyone says it"
yeah pokemon, I beat Dave Mccomb!!!
The Scottish Fool!
Sun 17/12/00 at 23:04
I don't like people emulating the pokemon series (just setting the record straight i don't like pokemon0
Sun 17/12/00 at 22:59
Regular
"everyone says it"
I personally hate emulating games but then again I personally hate BILL GATES. MAC RULE!
Sun 17/12/00 at 22:55
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
gameboy... hmmmmmm. Toughy there. Personally I think it depends on how old the game is, and whether u have the original... it's a good question though

Rav
Sun 17/12/00 at 22:24
Anyone got anymore views on emulation in any form
Sun 17/12/00 at 22:13
I very much agree with you rav. I very much enjoy going back playing super classic games like mario and sonic. I don't like playing new ones though. Firstly it takes too long, secondly it is not as good and thirdly my pc is not fast enough. What are yure opnions on emulation on the gameboy
Sun 17/12/00 at 22:07
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Emulation comes in 2 forms...
Firstly emulating old stuff- like spectrums. This is good. You are simply revisiting an era of golden gaming that has gone. No one is losing money and you are having fun.

Secondly, there are new emulators for N64, PSX etc. This is piracy, beacause (unless u have the game, in which point there is no point emulating) you are ripping off companies by downloading games from the web. Also, there are sooo many problems getting the latest console games to run on a PC- just buy the game!

Anyway, there are my thoughts for the day. Anyone else got anything interesting to say on the matter?

Rav

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.