GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Rate the new forum design"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 22/10/08 at 12:21
Regular
1 being 'Excellent', 10 is 'Not so good'.
Wed 22/10/08 at 15:40
Regular
Would it be okay for a staffie or mod (looking at you pb) to unstick atleast 10 threads. Its real tedious scrolling down all the time and we can always sticky them again later. :)
Wed 22/10/08 at 15:16
Regular
Machie wrote:
> Yeah I noticed it changed the "T" into "..."
> in my recent thread "The world's greatest restaurant"
> :D

Especially for your restaurants thread ... :-)
Wed 22/10/08 at 14:48
Regular
Leonidas wrote:
> Well, If you don't like this dark coulours you can always go to
> general chat through Internet Chat Forums and it will be white
> :)
> Also you can give long thread names, you just have to hover over
> them to see the full title :)

That's odd, someone else said the exact same thing just a moment ago but it got deleted. I guess that was you and you're actually a staffie?

Yeah I noticed it changed the "T" into "..." in my recent thread "The world's greatest restaurant" :D
Wed 22/10/08 at 14:45
Regular
Well, If you don't like this dark coulours you can always go to general chat through Internet Chat Forums and it will be white :)
Also you can give long thread names, you just have to hover over them to see the full title :)
Wed 22/10/08 at 14:40
Regular
pb wrote:
> Think I'm going to wait before passing judgement.

How long are you going to take? it's up and running now :)

Okay well first I think we can all agree that there was no way we would be pleased to see the forum get even smaller. Its like watching the Simpsons on a 60inch widescreen tv. You've got huge black sidebars either side..

I know the staffies would love some honest feedback but it's really difficult because we dont want to bite the hands that feeds us. :(
Wed 22/10/08 at 14:29
"possibly impossible"
Think I'm going to wait before passing judgement.
Wed 22/10/08 at 14:25
Regular
Silent Thunder wrote:
> Yeah it was the thread listings page which looked a bit squished
> because some of the thread titles now have ...'s whereas before
> the whole title would fit in. But that's just being petty, I'll
> get used to it I'm sure. :-)

wow I cant believe I didnt notice that. That's not good, especially as I tend to have long thread titles. Now I'm going to have to work even harder to keep them really, really short.
Wed 22/10/08 at 14:20
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
McLong wrote:
> The sizes haven't really changed at all. There's less space in
> between individual posts in a thread, and the thread listings
> pages is narrower, but apart from that...

Yeah it was the thread listings page which looked a bit squished because some of the thread titles now have ...'s whereas before the whole title would fit in. But that's just being petty, I'll get used to it I'm sure. :-)
Wed 22/10/08 at 13:30
Regular
Silent Thunder wrote:
> Is the creative writing forum disappearing: I notice it has been
> renamed to 'Web Design & Creativity', putting stories in a
> forum named that doesn't seem entirely appropriate? Hope the
> review forum isn't going either.

The forums are being 're-organised', which will take a little bit of time as it is heavily database orientated. This is one of the trickier changes, which couldn't be done without it appearing live on the site. So I hope this to be all finished soon.
Wed 22/10/08 at 13:28
Regular
Shadowdream wrote:

> Con:
> Can't edit posts lol

Oooerr! This should be fixed now too :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.