GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Why Playstation 2's one game worth getting is not worth it yet"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 17/12/00 at 00:38
Regular
Konami annonced that they are going to release metal gear solid x on the XBOX. It will be exactly the same as the PS2 version with a few extras. This would have been the only reason people that you would want to get a PS2. Wait for the XBOX it will be better i gaurantee. Now I have no reson to buy the PS2. One thing aswell people if you are buying the PS2 for it's in build dvd palyer, DON'T instead buy a dreamcast 3 games and a dvd palyer for the same price. It makes sense doesn't it.
Tue 19/12/00 at 23:18
ps colleges are great ! no responsibility, free internet access, beer all day and night, and 18-23 year old girls etc etc. Its why I've worked for 'em for years.

Hmmmm I think this has strayed from this forums' remit.
Tue 19/12/00 at 23:12
cheers matey PuLsEd OuT I thought I'd had more than my fair share of guiness

its a bit irritating seeing one group saying

'do not buy any new console, my existing one is the best'
another group saying

'the next console will be the best, do not buy anything'

and a group in the middle enjoying everything currently available, having a whale of a time with good games, and passing over the 'pants' ones

ps rich hawley really is sokme form of god, even if he wasn't the chap from the 'longpigs'
Tue 19/12/00 at 09:09
pulsed out wrote:
> *hated college because everyone was boring, all the girls were
> ummmmm... had faces like a burglers tool box,(dont take it
> personally if you read this and you went to the same college,
> blame your mum (: o.k) and i'd juz rather have a job now*

So you are saying that the girls look like they fell down an ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down. oish
I'm not going to your college.

I hope your job is a photographer for a modeling agency because you will need atleast 5 years of non uglyness to get over this. Good luck
Mon 18/12/00 at 21:29
I agree this message sucks. I will probably get one anyway
Mon 18/12/00 at 20:42
lol i got it Dr.J
GR he was basically saying, because there are better consoles coming out in the future, (well by stats not definately) it doesn't mean, dont buy the best one out now... as i said, it's not illegal to own two great consoles!
Mon 18/12/00 at 20:33
*hated college because everyone was boring, all the girls were ummmmm... had faces like a burglers tool box,(dont take it personally if you read this and you went to the same college, blame your mum (: o.k) and i'd juz rather have a job now*
Mon 18/12/00 at 20:20
nope, disagree
Mon 18/12/00 at 11:14
i can't understand any of it. but i think yu support my argument
Mon 18/12/00 at 00:44
blimey

paragraph 6, 'maker mark I' should be 'toast maker mark I'

mucho apologies

this message was brought to you by the product guinness and the nunber 8
Mon 18/12/00 at 00:23
Hang on, i've been reading this for a while now, stop rising to it.

interesting logic (from the rhino of gold)
>psx has mgs2, but Xbox will have Xbox+extras therefore PSX2 is naff (yawn)

Thoughtlessley insert similar logic

but [established console] has [existing game], while [new console with newer technology thrown at it - bless !] has [existing game] with [new features]. [established console] is now not worth a pair of pants, since its obsolescence has been assured by the plans of a future product.

(God bless Rich Hawley for reminding us of the product arc, something hadn't thought of since marketing lectures eons agos)]

With this kind of logic, I wouldn't make toast in the morning with my toaster mark I since toast my maker mark II (some time next year as long as it arrives near due date) would make mucho better toast, therfore any toast I could have scoff down in the car on the way to work today would be so inferior it wouldn't be worth swallowing compared to next december's toast.

Worse yet, toast maker mark II will initially make toast well below the absolute technical abilities of its hardware for a while. Best hold out for BreadSinger 1I from the good people of Warbuton's bakeries. They know bread, they must know toast too.

I've now owned (feck, I'm retreating into rhetoric) each format from the 'made for tv pong game' and 'zx81' to the 'flippin brilliant so far' gigahertz pc's, dc's and psx2's technology moves on. Get over it and enjoy todays technology - today (pre-orderfupping scheme permitting).

ps good luck with the new job PO
pss how do i get a job where i can sleep for most of chrimbo, this seem soooooo soooooooo enticing.
pss the pc133ram price advertised in the links from the top left of this site is/are flippin barmey, any retailer will sell it for about 50-60% of the prices quoted for pc133ram (or any ram). I've just bought some, and i was surprised.

Dr. J

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.