GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"rock is better than pop/garage/hiphop/rap"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 30/11/02 at 20:13
Regular
rock is the best & the best rock band is korn
Tue 10/12/02 at 22:06
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Possum in a bottle wrote:
> Slipknot are the best, 2 Pac is crap.

Hey, lay off 2 Pac, he was absolutely fantastic. I also like Slipknot, but come on, it is pretty hard to understand what they're saying, they would sound better if they didn't actually sing cos it's the actual music that I like.
Tue 10/12/02 at 20:56
Regular

> Just 9 layers of pure madness and all sorts of instruments, to you
> people it may sound like a construction yard but to me, I can hear
> every riff, every beat that each of the percussionists do.

Have you got specially trained Slipknot ears then?

I'm still waiting for you to explain those lyrics to me.

Oh and I wouldn't call a guy dressed in a bondage mask, smashing his head into a dustbin a musician.

I'd call him a redneck hick who's getting his wages off a bunch of angry kiddy's who think they're different cause they listen to a load of gimps making noise. They've spotted the market for this kind of trash and they're rinsing kiddy's for every penny they have by sayin "we don't care about our image, people = s***" and all the morons out there are buying into it. Trust me, Slipknot are laughing their way to the bank everytime a kiddy in a Black hoody buys one of their albums.

They're no better than Gareth Gates itsept his music sells cause of his pretty boy looks, Slipknots music sells cause people think they're different by listening to it.
Tue 10/12/02 at 16:54
Regular
"Gtag=NOTORIOUS JCP"
2pac is the best
korn are crap
slipknot are crap etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc
Tue 10/12/02 at 16:28
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"

> You know, it's not hard to understand Slipknots lyrics, all you have
> to do is read them and memorise them.

Hmmmm that wasn't the point. The point is we can't understand what they're 'singing'. If you need to read the booklet to find out what they're saying then that says to me you can't understand them either. I don't need to be looking through my 2Pac album to find the words (though they don't come with the words anyway) seeing as he actually makes some sense and i can understand him. The whole idea of music is to get an idea or theme over and people can actually understand the damn song and not just be a load of mindless shouting that supposedly makes up verses. Maybe if some rock bands didn't feel the need to scream down a microphone i might actually like that music. I can understand bands like Foo Fighters and Tenacious D and i actually like them.

Just face the fact, I
> like a band that you don't and don't make yourself look like a knob
> end by thinking you're gonna make me change my mind by spurting out
> thoughtless lines like ' no one can understand what theyr'e saying'
> mmmkay.

I wasn't trying to change your mind. Like whatever music you like but don't make yourself look dumb by just dismissing our opinions on the band which your having a go at us for doing to you. Don't be hypocritical now. If you can have an opinion on a band then be prepared to face someone who might criticise them. If someone doesn't like 2Pac, Clipse etc that's fine voice their opinion i might not agree with it but they can express it.
Tue 10/12/02 at 15:16
"Darkness, always"
woolley wrote:
> rock is the best & the best rock band is korn

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!

Korn are nothing short of poor.

A lot of rock is nothing short of poor.

I could listen to Sepultura - Ratamahata til the cows came home though.
Tue 10/12/02 at 15:12
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
> I don't think that quiete translates into that.

It's as good as anything else that's been suggested...

~~Belldandy~~
Tue 10/12/02 at 13:24
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
You say potato, I say potatoe
Tue 10/12/02 at 13:12
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"

that cheeky girl song makes me wanna throw the remote at them. And I'm 19, hardly an angry little teen like you guys that are 16 or 17 or how ever old.
---
That's right. We're all 16-17 years old, yet somehow, we don't type like a non-fingered retard, hellbent on slobbering on his keyboard to spell words out.

You know, it's not hard to understand Slipknots lyrics, all you have to do is read them and memorise them. Unless you guys cant read.
---
At what point did anyone say they can't read them? We all can, which was the basis of our "Slipknow lyrics are crap" argument. We can't UNDERSTAND them though, which is what you mean.

Just face the fact, I like a band that you don't and don't make yourself look like a knob end by thinking you're gonna make me change my mind by spurting out thoughtless lines like 'no one can understand what they're saying' mmmkay.
---
Is this another one of those pyscho-analysing attempts at telling us all that you're entitled to your own opinion? Well for Gods sake man, WE KNOW THAT. And if we wanted to verbally abuse you for having a stupid taste in music, we'll do that to.
Tue 10/12/02 at 11:41
Regular
" ban the Taliban"
Why do you goons like you think that because I listen to Slipknot, I'm moody?

You're just being stereotypical and going with the crowd. Who cares if they're manufactured. I know they're masks are gimmicks but they're just not that. They wear masks so they're not hassled by fans if they get seen in public. Wearing a mask allows you to do things you wouldn't normally.

Why do you think people wear masks to do bank jobs? Yeah, so they don't get seen and people don't know who they are. If you rob a bank, you can be more hostile because people can't see you and you feel like you can do anything.

Just 9 layers of pure madness and all sorts of instruments, to you people it may sound like a construction yard but to me, I can hear every riff, every beat that each of the percussionists do.
Tue 10/12/02 at 11:35
Regular
" ban the Taliban"
I don't think that quiete translates into that.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.