GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Ask Away - The 5 things about you spin off"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 27/09/06 at 10:18
"possibly impossible"
Here's how it works. Ask a question or a series of questions about someone. They can be directed at anyone, but everyone can answer. They can be as leading or in-depth as you like.

eg:

1) Where were you born?
2) Do you ever wish you were someone else?
3) What is the most important trait in a partner that you need?
4) Do you ever wish you could change something in your past and what?
Sat 30/09/06 at 13:22
Regular
I will have ago, ermm Machie, what do you like about gloucestershire the most? I personally hate it myself and really don't like anything.
Sat 30/09/06 at 13:11
Regular
I have a question for you Machster ...

Your girlfriend lives in Singapore ... how do you deal with the problems posed by a long distance relationship? Things like loneliness, longing to be close to her, true intimacy which is the main thing lacking in such a relationship. Do things such as trust worry you ... that she may stray with someone else in your absence? Have you ever thought of calling it a day because keeping it is a lot of hassle, or because there may be someone closer who is right for you?

How do you deal with it all?
Fri 29/09/06 at 14:44
Regular
blatant GAD attempt ;)
Fri 29/09/06 at 11:52
"possibly impossible"
Mumbai Duck wrote:
>> PB,
>
> You said in the other thread you used to be very quiet. Tell me
> more about what changed in your head, and your life, to change
> that.

Possibly a few things. Firstly was the fact that I was pretty small and one of the youngest in the class at school, so I had no confidence. I wasn't ever happy with myself either, you could say that I wasn't 'defined' as a person at that stage. Then I went to work for a few different firms but never really got on with anyone and guess I really had no views on life back then, again, I wasn't defined enough to be happy with who I was.

The build up to changing myself started when I went to college, really. I Made friends with a couple of people in the class that I'm still friends with now. I got into playing Basketball a bit with most of the class too. I was still pretty nervous back then though, certainly couldn't have stood up in a room full of people, but I was starting to feel that I knew myself a bit more. One piece of the puzzle of my ID was in place and this brought a new level of confidence.

University was the biggest change in my life, as it is with many people. First few weeks were hell, but then I met up with the foreign students in my halls (the other students were just interested in drinking and going to the nightclub). These turned out to be very good friends and the different outlook they had, coming from other countries, made me think in different ways. Between that and really getting to know myself better, something clicked and I found a lot more self confidence. Many more pieces of the puzzle were put together at this stage. Before university I was quiet, shy and reserved. After 2 years I was much more outward, daring to do things I wouldn't have done before and making new friends.

Finally, the last piece of the puzzle came in the form of Taekwondo. I'd already been in work in my current job for 3 years and still found it a bit difficult to have enough confidence to do any kind of presentation or training. Taekwondo helped me to work out ways to overcome nerves and also seemed to find the missing piece of the puzzle that went to make up who I am.

I think that if you look at your life and how you see yourself, you'll find that you are made up of the defining moments from your past. Even negative events can have a positive affect on who you become and it is a case of finding the pieces of the puzzle that go towards making yourself a more positive person, based on being happy with yourself.
Fri 29/09/06 at 10:38
Regular
My accent isnt that bad :P could be a little deeper though.
Thu 28/09/06 at 19:50
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
That's just because Machie makes Jade Goody sound like the queen :-D
Thu 28/09/06 at 19:50
Regular
"AkaSeraphim"
Machie wrote:
> @ngel hon, how did you end up with a posh accent?

I really do not think that I have a posh accent. Whatever gave you that idea Machie.
Thu 28/09/06 at 18:12
Regular
"You've upset me"
pb wrote:
> 1) Where were you born?

High Wycombe.

> 2) Do you ever wish you were someone else?

I never stop wishing I wasn't me. (I like how ludicrously emo that sounds)

> 3) What is the most important trait in a partner that you need?

The ability to laugh with me at the stupidest things.

> 4) Do you ever wish you could change something in your past and
> what?

I wish I'd kissed this girl I used to *really* like. Other than that, nope. Life made me what I am. I might not like it, but toying would be silly.

I sound like a knut. Ah well
Thu 28/09/06 at 18:02
Regular
That would explain alot.
Thu 28/09/06 at 17:51
Regular
"Mooching around"
Speaking of GCSE's they've abolished coursework in maths, and seem to be working on trying to remove them from non-essential subjects.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.