GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Nationwide Leagues"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 27/11/02 at 23:43
Regular
Been looking around this forum a lot lately, and it seems to me, that most of the people who use the forum are supporters of Premiership teams, which is all fine, but are there not any people who support clubs from the lower leagues, and if so, why isn’t there any banter on them?

So, where are any of my fellow Nationwide Supporters?

Personally im a Sheffield Wednesday fan (stop the sniggering), and a season ticket owner at that. For anyone who knows much or pays attention to Division One, you will realise that we aren’t exactly doing well, that’s an understatement though. We are really doing crap. Lying second from bottom with Brighton having 2 games in hand and only a point behind us, things are looking a little bleak for us.

On one hand, I can see us going down this season. Only won one game this season, coming at Hillsborough against out local rivals the Piggies (Sheff Utd). We really should have won many more than this, and, though this might be the case for many clubs, we really haven’t had any luck at all. Many games have gone where we have played brilliantly, but then ended up loosing to stupid mistakes or not hanging on for the win. If these 4 or 5 games hadn’t gone the way they had, we would be mid-table at least.

Looking at our squad though, on paper we are not a bad team at all, we are pretty good, capable of being in the same position as say Coventry or teams around there. But our past managers (Wilson, Jewell, Shreeves and Yorath) have not been able to do anything with them, but that, I feel is down to the fact that they weren’t all that good at the time. Now we have a new manager in, Mr Chris Turner, an ex-owls player, whose job it is to turn these players into a team capable of doing something.

Now earlier I said, that I think there is a chance that we will go down, but, as a fan, you have to believe that things are going to turn around, and the good days are going to come back, I mean, we have had these black days for a few years now. Im just hoping something happens soon, and that my club becomes a force again.

As for the Division One this season, it’s a pretty open league, and although Portsmouth are running away with it right now, I feel anyone could make a push for a good finish. It’s very wide open. No teams are really 'so' much better than any of the others, none of the teams ive seen come to Hillsborough have been much better than us, and none of the teams ive gone away to see have been outstanding either.

Its going to be interesting to see how the season finishes at the top, but for me, more so what happens at the foot of the table.

Anyway, come on, theres got to be some fans of the Nationwide league teams here, and not all sheep following glory hunters. :P

Up the Owls!!
Sat 14/12/02 at 16:30
Regular
"hit the road jack"
Mind you, we havnt had an impressive away record recently . lol
Sat 14/12/02 at 16:27
Regular
"hit the road jack"
You will get over it. It's just your manager
Sat 14/12/02 at 16:18
Regular
"um..."
I'm an Ipswich supporter and we arent exactly doing well ourselves.
Sat 14/12/02 at 11:50
Regular
"hit the road jack"
We've got Crystal Palace away today. Citys second trip to Selhurts park in two months, when we lost 4-2 to Wimbolden and there was about 3000 spectators. About 2500 were city fans.
Mon 09/12/02 at 22:19
Regular
"hit the road jack"
Norwich lost 1-0 to Wolves... getting us back for the upset we caused last season. HAhaha We got Crystal Palace on saturday. jc
Mon 09/12/02 at 20:52
Regular
We've got Forest next week, another loss there.

In the cup we got West Brom in the Cup, and Ok draw where we stand to make a bit of cash
Mon 09/12/02 at 14:57
Regular
"360: swfcman"
We have Gillingham this Saturday at home. Need to win this game, badly.

And speaking of Gillingham, we got them away in the FA Cup draw yesterday, crap draw it was too.
Sun 08/12/02 at 20:53
Regular
Bradford City lost again :( we were playing much better than Gillingham in the first half, and we came out better, 1-0 at half time. 2 mins ito the second half Delroy Facey (crappy loan signing) had a one on one with the keeper, he misses :( then later on in the second half a dubious pentaly was given to Gillingham, they scored it then went on to score another two.

Facey missed even more chances after that so he got subbed, the Cit yfans booed him off the field.
Sun 08/12/02 at 12:37
Regular
"360: swfcman"
Another week of results, and still no win. A draw. Now thats better, but when its against bottom of the table Brighton, and a game we should have won, yet struggled to, its not all that please.

And worst of it is, we didnt score until around 90 mins, by which time i, for the first time ever, decided i would leave early because i was annoyed by it all. Then, walking out the ground i finally here a massive cheer as Kooochi (Kuqi) scores for his first game in 13 matches (not bad for a number 9...).

Needless to say....i was Pis.....you get the idea.

Least we didnt go bottom.
Sun 01/12/02 at 18:02
Regular
"hit the road jack"
Yeah.. i see. I dont know exactly but i think its Northampton, they have a large ground.. go to www.footballgroundguide.co.uk

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.