GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Nationwide Leagues"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 27/11/02 at 23:43
Regular
Been looking around this forum a lot lately, and it seems to me, that most of the people who use the forum are supporters of Premiership teams, which is all fine, but are there not any people who support clubs from the lower leagues, and if so, why isn’t there any banter on them?

So, where are any of my fellow Nationwide Supporters?

Personally im a Sheffield Wednesday fan (stop the sniggering), and a season ticket owner at that. For anyone who knows much or pays attention to Division One, you will realise that we aren’t exactly doing well, that’s an understatement though. We are really doing crap. Lying second from bottom with Brighton having 2 games in hand and only a point behind us, things are looking a little bleak for us.

On one hand, I can see us going down this season. Only won one game this season, coming at Hillsborough against out local rivals the Piggies (Sheff Utd). We really should have won many more than this, and, though this might be the case for many clubs, we really haven’t had any luck at all. Many games have gone where we have played brilliantly, but then ended up loosing to stupid mistakes or not hanging on for the win. If these 4 or 5 games hadn’t gone the way they had, we would be mid-table at least.

Looking at our squad though, on paper we are not a bad team at all, we are pretty good, capable of being in the same position as say Coventry or teams around there. But our past managers (Wilson, Jewell, Shreeves and Yorath) have not been able to do anything with them, but that, I feel is down to the fact that they weren’t all that good at the time. Now we have a new manager in, Mr Chris Turner, an ex-owls player, whose job it is to turn these players into a team capable of doing something.

Now earlier I said, that I think there is a chance that we will go down, but, as a fan, you have to believe that things are going to turn around, and the good days are going to come back, I mean, we have had these black days for a few years now. Im just hoping something happens soon, and that my club becomes a force again.

As for the Division One this season, it’s a pretty open league, and although Portsmouth are running away with it right now, I feel anyone could make a push for a good finish. It’s very wide open. No teams are really 'so' much better than any of the others, none of the teams ive seen come to Hillsborough have been much better than us, and none of the teams ive gone away to see have been outstanding either.

Its going to be interesting to see how the season finishes at the top, but for me, more so what happens at the foot of the table.

Anyway, come on, theres got to be some fans of the Nationwide league teams here, and not all sheep following glory hunters. :P

Up the Owls!!
Sun 02/02/03 at 20:09
Regular
"Baros!!!"
Wolves are having a good run. Beat Sheffield Wednesday 4-0.
Sun 02/02/03 at 01:31
Regular
"Black pepper?"
simon45 wrote:
> "By far the greatest team ,
> The world has ever seen,
>
> And it's.....leicester City!"

indeed
Sat 01/02/03 at 21:14
Regular
"Woah dude!"
Oh....Er.....Maybe not then ,eh?
Thu 23/01/03 at 22:06
Regular
"Woah dude!"
"By far the greatest team ,
The world has ever seen,

And it's.....Coventry City!"

Rochdale in the FA Cup on saturday.

5th round here we come :-)
Tue 21/01/03 at 13:24
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Manda†are wrote:
"YES! Rovers won 2-1"

If I was you (which thank God I am not! ;) ) then I'd just forget about the whole 2-1 part of that and realise how amazed you must be to see Rovers actually win a game!!
I would say well done, but I'm a City fan, you see.

We had a guy at work on Sunday who you just couldn't shut up about Rovers' win on Sunday... There he was one-minute going on about how incredible it was and everything, and then he was on about the team 20-odd years ago, before you all stank of Gas, and then all the "great" players who've played for you lot over the years....
Made that day even more tiresome, dull and boring than it already was!
Mon 20/01/03 at 21:26
Regular
"hit the road jack"
We (Norwich) lost to Watford on Sunday. It wa a 90minute winner! GOD DAMN! We got Daganam & Redbrige on Saturday in the cup. Gives me Cheltenham memories when we lost 3-0!!
Sun 19/01/03 at 22:31
Regular
"360: swfcman"
Or†ega wrote:

>
> Didnt catch the match myself, was working. Any good?

Considering we lost, the game wasnt that bad to be honest. We did well to keep it 0-0 in the first half, and it was a real chance that we got it to 1-0. There first goal was a fluke, Browns second superb and nothing could be done, and then we fell apart and they got the third.

Never expected to win in the first place, but we did give it a good go.

Oh well, the way things are going, we wont be meeting next season. We will stay up i believe, but they really are having all the luck this season. I can see them going up.
Sun 19/01/03 at 17:46
Regular
"Baros!!!"
Reynolds wrote:
> How the hell did Leicester lose to Gillingham 3-2?

Conceded more goals :-p
Sun 19/01/03 at 12:10
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Or?ega wrote:
> Didnt catch the match myself, was working. Any good?

Yeh it was, - I was in town and they closed a lot of the pubs early in fear of trouble from football fans as a lot of bouncers refused to work that night! Ah well still found a bar with a late licence ;)
Sat 18/01/03 at 22:13
Regular
"Foxes 4 Ever!!!"
How the hell did Leicester lose to Gillingham 3-2?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.