GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Nationwide Leagues"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 27/11/02 at 23:43
Regular
Been looking around this forum a lot lately, and it seems to me, that most of the people who use the forum are supporters of Premiership teams, which is all fine, but are there not any people who support clubs from the lower leagues, and if so, why isn’t there any banter on them?

So, where are any of my fellow Nationwide Supporters?

Personally im a Sheffield Wednesday fan (stop the sniggering), and a season ticket owner at that. For anyone who knows much or pays attention to Division One, you will realise that we aren’t exactly doing well, that’s an understatement though. We are really doing crap. Lying second from bottom with Brighton having 2 games in hand and only a point behind us, things are looking a little bleak for us.

On one hand, I can see us going down this season. Only won one game this season, coming at Hillsborough against out local rivals the Piggies (Sheff Utd). We really should have won many more than this, and, though this might be the case for many clubs, we really haven’t had any luck at all. Many games have gone where we have played brilliantly, but then ended up loosing to stupid mistakes or not hanging on for the win. If these 4 or 5 games hadn’t gone the way they had, we would be mid-table at least.

Looking at our squad though, on paper we are not a bad team at all, we are pretty good, capable of being in the same position as say Coventry or teams around there. But our past managers (Wilson, Jewell, Shreeves and Yorath) have not been able to do anything with them, but that, I feel is down to the fact that they weren’t all that good at the time. Now we have a new manager in, Mr Chris Turner, an ex-owls player, whose job it is to turn these players into a team capable of doing something.

Now earlier I said, that I think there is a chance that we will go down, but, as a fan, you have to believe that things are going to turn around, and the good days are going to come back, I mean, we have had these black days for a few years now. Im just hoping something happens soon, and that my club becomes a force again.

As for the Division One this season, it’s a pretty open league, and although Portsmouth are running away with it right now, I feel anyone could make a push for a good finish. It’s very wide open. No teams are really 'so' much better than any of the others, none of the teams ive seen come to Hillsborough have been much better than us, and none of the teams ive gone away to see have been outstanding either.

Its going to be interesting to see how the season finishes at the top, but for me, more so what happens at the foot of the table.

Anyway, come on, theres got to be some fans of the Nationwide league teams here, and not all sheep following glory hunters. :P

Up the Owls!!
Wed 27/11/02 at 23:43
Regular
"360: swfcman"
Been looking around this forum a lot lately, and it seems to me, that most of the people who use the forum are supporters of Premiership teams, which is all fine, but are there not any people who support clubs from the lower leagues, and if so, why isn’t there any banter on them?

So, where are any of my fellow Nationwide Supporters?

Personally im a Sheffield Wednesday fan (stop the sniggering), and a season ticket owner at that. For anyone who knows much or pays attention to Division One, you will realise that we aren’t exactly doing well, that’s an understatement though. We are really doing crap. Lying second from bottom with Brighton having 2 games in hand and only a point behind us, things are looking a little bleak for us.

On one hand, I can see us going down this season. Only won one game this season, coming at Hillsborough against out local rivals the Piggies (Sheff Utd). We really should have won many more than this, and, though this might be the case for many clubs, we really haven’t had any luck at all. Many games have gone where we have played brilliantly, but then ended up loosing to stupid mistakes or not hanging on for the win. If these 4 or 5 games hadn’t gone the way they had, we would be mid-table at least.

Looking at our squad though, on paper we are not a bad team at all, we are pretty good, capable of being in the same position as say Coventry or teams around there. But our past managers (Wilson, Jewell, Shreeves and Yorath) have not been able to do anything with them, but that, I feel is down to the fact that they weren’t all that good at the time. Now we have a new manager in, Mr Chris Turner, an ex-owls player, whose job it is to turn these players into a team capable of doing something.

Now earlier I said, that I think there is a chance that we will go down, but, as a fan, you have to believe that things are going to turn around, and the good days are going to come back, I mean, we have had these black days for a few years now. Im just hoping something happens soon, and that my club becomes a force again.

As for the Division One this season, it’s a pretty open league, and although Portsmouth are running away with it right now, I feel anyone could make a push for a good finish. It’s very wide open. No teams are really 'so' much better than any of the others, none of the teams ive seen come to Hillsborough have been much better than us, and none of the teams ive gone away to see have been outstanding either.

Its going to be interesting to see how the season finishes at the top, but for me, more so what happens at the foot of the table.

Anyway, come on, theres got to be some fans of the Nationwide league teams here, and not all sheep following glory hunters. :P

Up the Owls!!
Wed 27/11/02 at 23:45
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
I support Tranmere and Preston North End.

I don't follow 'em, but I always like to see how they're doing, and hope that they get good results, etc.
Thu 28/11/02 at 13:00
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
I've supported Liverpool for about 10 years. I do follow the progress of Nationwide clubs which are near me or something to do with my family, like Cambridge, Hartlepool, Stevenage (I'm aware Stevenage are not in the Nationwide leagues).
Thu 28/11/02 at 13:36
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Long live sheep followers :P

As you know dame, as local teams - I follow both Sheff Wed and Sheff Utd

Sheff Wed, where shall I start? bottom of Div 1 and rightly there in my opinion, the board have gone for the cheap option in appointing Chris Turner, when the likes of Burley et al are sitting there jobless.

Reid didn't accept the position due "right club, wrong time" - but we all know if he was offered the right deal then he would have taken the job, otherwise why would he have gone for an Interview?

A strong manager is needed to give the players a kick up the backside and make them fight for their place in div 1 - it's strange saying that because, people forget that a few season ago they were a mid table team in the premiership.

If you look at the likes of Portsmouth - Harry Redknapp, "a premiership manager" if you will - who has bought reasonably well and at bargin prices - he is also someone who will attract people like Paul Merson, who would do well in div 1.

Thats they way Id like Sheff Wed to go - they need to start looking at experianced plaers who have been in relegation fights before or players who are still good but getting on a bit like Merson, Matt Elliot (who was on a free at the end of last season - bargin) and blend them in with some young and upcoming players.

Im also proud of my former local team Leicester - they are in big debts at the moment and whilst Lineker etc are trying to take over, it must be a bit distracting, however they are showing a good fight at the top of the table. Weldone.
Thu 28/11/02 at 14:42
"Darkness, always"
I wouldn't say I'm a fan, but I follow the fortunes of Cardiff, have done for about 4 or 5 seasons now.

Championship Manager carries th sole blame for this.

I see Cardiff making a push for Premiership success in the next 3-4 years.
Thu 28/11/02 at 19:40
I'm a big Crystal Palace fan. Got a season ticket to, with some of my mates who don't actually support them.

Eagles!

(:)
Thu 28/11/02 at 19:49
Regular
"Baros!!!"
Pro Evo wrote:
> Personally im a Sheffield Wednesday fan (stop the sniggering)

Heh, you knocked us (Villa) out of the Worthington last year.

Anyway, it looks like it's gonna be a long hard season for the Owls and you need to start producing some positive results if your going to stay up.
Thu 28/11/02 at 21:28
Regular
My number one team is Wycombe. I don't just 'follow' them, I actually support them. I get the p!ss taken out of me rotten cos of it, but hey, I'm proud of it. Heck, just look at Mr. Ritze mocking Lawrie Sanchez and Dannie Bulman is the Sports Chain :cD
Thu 28/11/02 at 23:46
Regular
"360: swfcman"
Foreman wrote:
> Pro Evo wrote:
> Personally im a Sheffield Wednesday fan (stop the sniggering)
>
> Heh, you knocked us (Villa) out of the Worthington last year.

I was at the game mate. :D

Sat in front of the band and the executive boxes looking across the goal. Brilliant night that was. Super goal from big 'ol Efan Ekoku, shame he was a crap player for most of the season though. I actually followed our whole cup run last year, went to all the home games and away games, including the loss at Ewood Park. Still a great game though.

> Anyway, it looks like it's gonna be a long hard season for the Owls
> and you need to start producing some positive results if your going to
> stay up.

Very true. And we have some real important games coming up soon, especially a home game against Brighton, we must win that, that really is the biggest game of the season for us i think, at this stage. Its going to be very very tense.
Fri 29/11/02 at 13:00
Regular
"Conversation Killer"
I support Bristol Rovers and Woking.
P.S to quinty
HA HA, woking are above steveage :D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.