GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Let's all laugh."

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 25/11/02 at 16:29
Regular
Some things just bring a smile to my face, like seeing this:

=================
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> If you liked Rares games on the N64 then i'd say it's worth checking
> out. It's not a must buy and I can see lastability being a problem but
> it's worth it for the amazing graphics and the feel of playing a Rare
> game.
>
> Anyone who says Rare don't matter anymore needs a slap.
==================

Aww bless, Tiltawhirl likes Star Fox, and likes Rare games. But then I read:

==================
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> That's right, I wanted to like this game I really did but the more I
> play it the more it dawns on me just how pathetically retarded it
> is.
==================

Hohohoho.

Mayhap we can live without the Rare influence?
Mon 25/11/02 at 16:29
"Darkness, always"
Some things just bring a smile to my face, like seeing this:

=================
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> If you liked Rares games on the N64 then i'd say it's worth checking
> out. It's not a must buy and I can see lastability being a problem but
> it's worth it for the amazing graphics and the feel of playing a Rare
> game.
>
> Anyone who says Rare don't matter anymore needs a slap.
==================

Aww bless, Tiltawhirl likes Star Fox, and likes Rare games. But then I read:

==================
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> That's right, I wanted to like this game I really did but the more I
> play it the more it dawns on me just how pathetically retarded it
> is.
==================

Hohohoho.

Mayhap we can live without the Rare influence?
Mon 25/11/02 at 16:39
Regular
LOL

It started off well but then it slowly dawned on me how easy and repetetive the game is.

It really is a kiddy game with absoloutly no innovation or real thought gone into it. It's sorely lacking in anything that makes me want to continue playing, 50% done and I have no will to continue.

It's another platform game by numbers by those lazy gits at Rare. I'm sure the kiddy's will love it though.
Mon 25/11/02 at 16:42
"Darkness, always"
Stil missing all those juicy Rare XBOX exclusives to be released over the next few years?
Mon 25/11/02 at 16:43
Regular
It's irritatingly linear.

Theres 6 areas to explore, but you have to visit them one at a time instead of being able to explore the whole world whenever you like.

Oh and if you ever, EVER get stuck, Slippy will tell you EXACTLY what to do. Why bother?
Mon 25/11/02 at 16:46
Regular
Insane Bartender wrote:
> Stil missing all those juicy Rare XBOX exclusives to be released over
> the next few years?

After DK64 and completeing Starfox Adventures, it becomes apparent that Rare couldn't make a decent adventure game if Nintendo had done all the work for them and handed them the finished code.

Hence I no longer hold any hope for Kameo at all, which was the only Rare game I was looking forward to.
Mon 25/11/02 at 16:47
Regular
I'll miss Banjo and most likely Perfect Dark. But after the traversty that is Starfox I really con't know how good Rare are anymore, this game took them 3 years to make.
Mon 25/11/02 at 16:59
Regular
"Link to the Future"
It maybe that Rare's golden days have ended. I have to say I wasn't that impressed with what we've seen of Kameo. The new Starfox game seems to be another nail in the coffin.

It would be good if Rare could pull their socks up and get back to making some truly amazing games like Banjo. And, oh yeah, to be a multi-platform developer :)
Mon 25/11/02 at 18:27
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
Insane Bartender wrote:
> Mayhap we can live without the Rare influence?

Unless you own, or go out and buy, an Xbox then you really don't have much choice.

Whilst DK64 and Starfox both show how Rare can mess up, these are Nintendo licenses, Rare's track record on Perfect Dark, Goldeneye, Banjo+Kazooie, Conkurs e.t.c. is excellent - all games where they've been left to do their thing, just like Microsoft have agreed to do.

You're not seriously telling me that the loss of Perfect Dark 2 does not matter ?

~~Belldandy~~
Mon 25/11/02 at 18:50
Regular
Belldandy wrote:

> You're not seriously telling me that the loss of Perfect Dark 2 does
> not matter ?
>
> ~~Belldandy~~

Not to me it doesn't :)

Goldeneye was the first FPS I ever owned, and before it, how many FPS had been on consoles? I can't think of any.

Thats the reason it had such a huge impact. But now, along side Metroid Prime, Halo, Timesplitters 2 etc. there is no way that Perfect Dark 2 will be *that* special.

I'm not saying it won't be a good game, or even a very good game, but with the amount of games there are now I can happily live without it.

But it was Kameo I was looking forward too, but being an adventure game, I'm don't really have high hopes for it. And if there is going to be a 'proper' 3D Pokemon game on the cube, then I wouldn't care anyway (it's a pokemon type clone, like DKR is of Mario Kart and SFA is of Zelda)
Mon 25/11/02 at 20:21
Regular
"Link to the Future"
Different Stripes wrote:
> Goldeneye was the first FPS I ever owned, and before it, how many FPS
> had been on consoles? I can't think of any.

I can:

Doom - SNES
Castle Wolfenstein - Atari Jaguar (I think)
Turok - N64... to name but a few.

But Goldeneye was the first one to do it amazingly well.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.