GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Let's all laugh."

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 25/11/02 at 16:29
Regular
Some things just bring a smile to my face, like seeing this:

=================
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> If you liked Rares games on the N64 then i'd say it's worth checking
> out. It's not a must buy and I can see lastability being a problem but
> it's worth it for the amazing graphics and the feel of playing a Rare
> game.
>
> Anyone who says Rare don't matter anymore needs a slap.
==================

Aww bless, Tiltawhirl likes Star Fox, and likes Rare games. But then I read:

==================
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> That's right, I wanted to like this game I really did but the more I
> play it the more it dawns on me just how pathetically retarded it
> is.
==================

Hohohoho.

Mayhap we can live without the Rare influence?
Tue 26/11/02 at 17:53
Regular
"gsybe you!"
A) Metroid is way better than Halo ever was/will be. Actualy, thats not hard to beat a really rather dull, limited, (albeit large) average looking shooter like Halo really, is it? Heheheheh! I expcet retribution for that, but still......

B) PCs do not suck! Well, the games don't anyway............
Tue 26/11/02 at 17:04
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
Insane Bartender wrote:
> Starlight wrote:
> PC's SUCK!
>
> I do believe you are mistaken.

Oh yeah darn, my P and G buttons are mixed up. Sorry my bad.
Tue 26/11/02 at 16:47
Regular
Yes, and I don't appreciate you coming in here and ranting off a console war on something that has nothing to do with this topic anyway.
Tue 26/11/02 at 16:43
"Darkness, always"
Wasn't it a PS2 reviewer who was giving it the highest praise?

"Worth buying a gamecube for" I believe was the quote.

Make no mistake, Metroid is turning heads, and will sell many gamecubes.
Tue 26/11/02 at 16:15
Regular
Belldandy wrote:
> Well don't you all have high opinions of Metroid's brilliance despite
> the fact it's not even released over here yet...and before someone
> shouts the 9.8 EGM score, they rated Starfox pretty high as well.

Starfox had very mixed reviews, two good reviews, the rest were average or poor.

Metroid Prime has recieved top scores across the board, everyone is saying it's perfection. Of course, I wouldn't expect someone like you to ever admit it's even slightly good. Esspecially considering that all the multi-format sites have rated Metroid above Halo.
Tue 26/11/02 at 16:13
"Darkness, always"
Starlight wrote:
> PC's SUCK!

I do believe you are mistaken.
Tue 26/11/02 at 16:13
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
Rare's finest hour came with Goldeneye - the best film tie-in game EVER. Even "The Dark" (as I fondly refer to it) wasn't good enough even with all the extra weapons and challenges. It suffered from major slowdown when playing with a few droids...

Nowadays, do we really need Rare? With Rare accounting for only 1.5% on Nintendo's sales I think that GC owners shouldn't feel too aggrieved that Rare has gone over to Microsoft. The GC has good an excellent selection of 3rd party games and combined with Nintendo's GC only games, you can't go wrong. Plus, the collaboration with Sega over Nintendo exclusive titles will more than make up for the lack of Rare. Will I miss Rare? Sure I will, but not as much as I first thought. With Timesplitters 2 being a worthy update of Goldeneye/Perfect Dark, I think that we can rest assured the the future is looking good for the GC. With Zelda, Metroid and a whole host of exclusive games including the much discussed successor to F-Zero being released soon I'm happier than a pig in swill with my GC!!
Tue 26/11/02 at 16:02
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
Well don't you all have high opinions of Metroid's brilliance despite the fact it's not even released over here yet...and before someone shouts the 9.8 EGM score, they rated Starfox pretty high as well.

When it turns up in the UK, even if it does exceed Halo - doubtful - then the Xbox exclusive Halo 2, with online play, will be a mere 7 months away.

7 Months is a long time isn't it ? Well most of you don't see the harm in waiting 6 months for PAL versions of US games do you :P

~~Belldandy~~
Tue 26/11/02 at 15:59
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
Goatboy wrote:
> I told you people but you wouldnt listen.
>
> Lylat Wars - Linear, boring, easy and no challenge.
> Starfox "Lylat Wars 2" - exactly the same.
>
> *shakes head*
> Glad I wised up

Made by two completely different companies and are different games altogether bar the obvious fact that's it's the same characters blah blah blah. Anyone thought you could appriciate opinion.

*Time for a Ninty Possy hissy fit

PC's SUCK!
Tue 26/11/02 at 15:58
Regular
Hurray!

Someone agrees with me! Goldeneye was far better then Perfect Dark!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.