GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"FC Basle VS Manchester United"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 24/11/02 at 17:34
Regular
I rekon uniteds win against newcastle will lift them past basle easily. But then they'll get smashed by liverpool on sunday!
Mon 25/11/02 at 15:06
"Darkness, always"
Well, Phil's career was always lesser than his brother after he spent a long time out with glandular fever.

It seems that after that, Gary got better as a player, but Phil didn't. I still rate him as a decent player though, as long as he isn't put in the centre of midfield.

The centre of anywhere in fact.
Mon 25/11/02 at 15:15
Regular
"Long time no see!"
True - he's a half-decent full-back and sometimes an OK wide-midfield player. But he's nothing more than that.
Mon 25/11/02 at 16:23
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Yes, O'Shea or Brown could bring a bit of control at the back - but blanc has been terrific in Europe - theres no subsitute for this experiance, both wes and john are relativly new to European style defending, both are still young and have alot to learn.

Also everyone tends to forget thats its the midfield that is required to protect the back four - who in our midfield at the moment can do this? we have no real ball winners in there at them moment - we are temporarily have to make do with Scholes and Fortune grafting for the ball (both whom are attackers and fortune is not the most gifted) whilst Giggs and Veron create opportunitys for others.

This is alright tenporarily but if we face Juve, Deportivo et al like this, we will get punished.
Mon 25/11/02 at 16:31
Regular
"Notable"
we should beat deportivo as well. We beat them last season in the quarter finals, with a whole group of important people injured. But Depor have bought alberto luque from mallorca who is a sharp nippy striker. I think its possible to beat juve home and away. As for arsenal in 2 weeks, oh dear....
Mon 25/11/02 at 16:32
Regular
"Notable"
seriously though, we have a good chance against arsenal at home.
Tue 26/11/02 at 19:55
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
1-0 down already. Great start lads!

Seen the team they put out though? Awful back 4..
Tue 26/11/02 at 19:56
Regular
"Fetish for sport"
Things don't look too great on the FC Basle front right now, 1-0 down after just 31 seconds :D
Tue 26/11/02 at 19:58
Regular
"Baros!!!"
FC Basle have really improved since 3 seasons ago, when Villa knocked them out of the UEFA Cup.

Basle have already knocked out Celtic and helped put Liverpool out the Champions League.

Could Man United be next on the list?
Tue 26/11/02 at 20:19
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
Insane Bartender wrote:
I guess tomorrow night we find out whether Basle are actually really quite good, or if Liverpool are just crap.
------------

I've been telling you how good Liverpool are for ages, but ya just won't listen :P
Tue 26/11/02 at 20:21
Regular
"Fetish for sport"
HA! golden oppurtunity for Wes Brown and he puts it wide. This could just be one of those days. :cD

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.