GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PLAYSTATION 2 CHARITY AUCTION"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 13/12/00 at 19:08
Regular
As most of you are aware, we have arranged for a PS2 complete POD for Great Ormond Street Hospital to go with the Gameaday prizes which are being donated by some of our winners.

We now propose to AUCTION A PLAYSTATION 2 FOR IMMEDIATE DELIVERY to your door. Any amount received over and above £250 will be given to St Clare Hospice Trust, which runs a hospice for terminally ill children at Hastingwood.

The auction will close at midnight on Sunday December 17th, so if yours is the highest bid then you will get your PS2 before Christmas. Bids placed after the deadline will not be accepted.

You can only place your bids under this topic, on this forum. Do so by clicking Reply to any message on this topic.

Genuine bids only please.

Please state your bid clearly with words such as I BID £amount.

Amounts in round £10 numbers such as £320, £330 etc.

In the event of a tied bid the earliest bid will win

GO FOR IT
Thu 14/12/00 at 17:10
Regular
I BID £370.
Thu 14/12/00 at 17:09
Regular
I BID £370
Thu 14/12/00 at 16:54
I BID £360

Hey, it's for charity!
Thu 14/12/00 at 16:24
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
There is in fact more than one reason for charging cards in advance, for items not yet released.

The main reason is that ALL of our back orders are paid for. Any other system would mean that SOME (e.g. cheques) were paid for and some were not. This would cause an extra layer of work further down the line, and could cause errors.

Secondly, the card would need to processed more than once for multiple orders. This would lower our transaction rate and increase the percentage payable to the credit card company. There's also the time taken to process it and the possibility of errors.

Thirdly, what if the card is out of date by the time the transaction takes place? We would have to contact the customer for new details prior to despatching the goods.

The cost of everything here HAS to be passed onto the customer. We do everything possible to keep prices down. We want to be efficient and accurate and we don't want to put up prices.
Thu 14/12/00 at 16:21
*Slaps da TRIMMER*

Ay man you got a few screws loose? wells i dont think there all fully tightened!! next you'll be wanting SR to donate an entire store contents soon right?

oooo? youv'e already said that?
Thu 14/12/00 at 16:14
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
Mr Trimmer

We're giving time, effort and promotion to this, and a modest sum from the proceeds. What are you giving?
Thu 14/12/00 at 13:25
"High polygon count"
> You tight gits! Give it all to charity. Unbelievably! But then
> this the company who take your money from your credit card well
> before you get the game!!!!

Only if you pre-order an unreleased game!

I personally prefer it that way, because at least then I know exactly how my credit card balance stands.

I hate it when I pre-order stuff (from other companies) and they charge my card two months later when the game is released; I suddenly get my statement through with a load of charges that I'd forgotten about!

Of course, if you don't like your card to be charged in advance, don't place your bloody order until the game is out - simple, really!
Thu 14/12/00 at 12:43
You tight gits! Give it all to charity. Unbelievably! But then this the company who take your money from your credit card well before you get the game!!!!
Thu 14/12/00 at 10:30
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
Our part is mainly to promote this and to make the arrangements

I hope that's acceptable to those taking part
Thu 14/12/00 at 09:33
Regular
"not dead"
I think SR are being charitable enough. They've already sorted a PS2 for GOSH, and some of us are donating our Gameaday prizes to the cause too.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.