GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PLAYSTATION 2 CHARITY AUCTION"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 13/12/00 at 19:08
Regular
As most of you are aware, we have arranged for a PS2 complete POD for Great Ormond Street Hospital to go with the Gameaday prizes which are being donated by some of our winners.

We now propose to AUCTION A PLAYSTATION 2 FOR IMMEDIATE DELIVERY to your door. Any amount received over and above £250 will be given to St Clare Hospice Trust, which runs a hospice for terminally ill children at Hastingwood.

The auction will close at midnight on Sunday December 17th, so if yours is the highest bid then you will get your PS2 before Christmas. Bids placed after the deadline will not be accepted.

You can only place your bids under this topic, on this forum. Do so by clicking Reply to any message on this topic.

Genuine bids only please.

Please state your bid clearly with words such as I BID £amount.

Amounts in round £10 numbers such as £320, £330 etc.

In the event of a tied bid the earliest bid will win

GO FOR IT
Mon 18/12/00 at 00:52
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
Many thanks JPW

£400 will go to St Clare's to make life better for some very unfortunate children.

Thanks also to the other bidders.
Sun 17/12/00 at 21:14
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
Looks like JPW's bid is high enough to put off any rivals.

Three hours to go.

I knew a guy once called John Paul Walters, or actually Jean Paul Walters. (well so what?)
Sun 17/12/00 at 21:12
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
Ant

We had to delete your message here to avoid confusion
Sun 17/12/00 at 13:15
The bid is genuine and sorry about raising the stakes so high but I honestly thought I would be outbid considering how impossible it is to lay your hands on these things.

Only time will tell................
Sun 17/12/00 at 12:28
I bid £10
This is the only serious bid I am sure :)
Fri 15/12/00 at 23:12
"High polygon count"
> Wookie - Given the serious nature of this charity, I would hope
> that nobody would place a bogus bid.

So would I - it's just that the jump in JPW's bid (from £500 to £650) seemed excessively large, considering the smaller jumps that went before it.

Not that I wish to tarnish JPW's offer, of course - it is very generous. I just hope that no-one here is sick enough to be placing fake bids.
Fri 15/12/00 at 21:54
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
Will this heat up at the weekend?
Fri 15/12/00 at 21:48
Regular
you have me beaten JPW (and my defeated 500 was serious - to those doubters!)
Fri 15/12/00 at 19:37
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
That's the spirit Ant

Never accept defeat
Fri 15/12/00 at 19:05
Regular
"I like cheese"
I have no hope now. But in case all of them are bogus, I bid £300

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.