GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Why is my life so messed up?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 22/11/02 at 11:55
Regular
Right, here is the lowdown,

I broke up with my girlfriend, not on bad terms, but at first, on a break.
Because we were argueing probably half the time we saw each other.

Within a day this was changed to a break up.

There is no-one else involved.

I did find it hard to let go at first, and for the first three days we sent accusing texts and emails to each other.

Then I gave her space, we have just sent polite texts (not very emotionally heavy, in fact no emotions at all)

She text me one night, and I invited her round to my house (which I share with 4 other students)

We just watched telly and chatted, had a hug or two and that was it.

But last night was wierd. We unfortunatly do both go to Network scouts, so we see each other there loads. Last night after, a few of us (including her) went for a drink. They left, and we started talking to my group of friends, who were at the pub too.

We all left and went to see some fireworks at my house (we had a sort of posponed 5th november last night).

Everyone went except her and me, we were sat in the lounge watching a film, were quite drunk and all of a sudden we were kissing...... I don't need to go on.

What the f is happening. I want to get over her, she hurt me more by refusing to work on our problems and not talking to me than anything (previously she had always done this).
Fri 22/11/02 at 13:47
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
SHEEPY wrote:
Goatboy is a woman
>
> Can I see your breasts?

---

Yes. But no touching
Fri 22/11/02 at 13:46
Regular
"Well hit on me..."
I'll look out for that one Goatboy, although I may have already fallen for it.....
Fri 22/11/02 at 13:46
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Actually, that doesn't make sense.

Goatboy is a woman

Can I see your breasts?
Fri 22/11/02 at 13:44
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Goatboy bats for both teams, why he knows so many tricks.
Fri 22/11/02 at 13:42
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
You're fine, she's mental.

Here's another girl-trick to keep an eye out for:
You dont hear from them all week, then get a call/txt early Friday evening/late afternoon suggesting a get-together.
It's not because she wants to see you, but all her other options have fallen through and it beats watching Friends with a bottle of wine.
Fri 22/11/02 at 13:38
Regular
"Well hit on me..."
Thanks for the confirmation Sheepy, theres nothing like a notable telling it straight ;)
Fri 22/11/02 at 13:35
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Yeah... you're life is really messed up.
Fri 22/11/02 at 13:32
"Darkness, always"
Goatboy wrote:
> But what I do know is that self-confidence is the most attractive
> thing about a person.

I must look pretty ugly right now then...
Fri 22/11/02 at 13:30
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
If you do find that person, then they are the most incredible thing on this planet.
That's how it should be, appearances are totally void.

I'm not talking about you Ros, because I dont know you or have any right to discuss another person's life.
But what I do know is that self-confidence is the most attractive thing about a person.

If you believe you're A+ then others will.
Hell, I'm no Brad Pitt but I carry myself like he's a monger. I think a lot of people settle with someone because they think that's the best they'll do, or that nobody will like them.

That's absolute balls. There *is* someone for everyone, no matter what you may think you look like (and that's subjective), I promise you that there is a bloke out there that will not believe his luck when you bump into him.
You shouldn't ever put yourseld down Ros, there are enough people on this pebble that are only too happy to do that for you.
Don't give them ammo.

It's not arrogance, but the ability to recognise that you are who are you are, and nobody can be you better than you can.
Revel in who you are.
So what if you think you're unattractive/overweight/speccy/short/tall, it doesn't matter at all.
Nobody is perfect to everyone, you just need to be comfortable in yourself and be bloody proud of who you are.

As soon as you can do that, then there ain't a person on this planet that can resist you.
Trust me
Fri 22/11/02 at 13:15
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
Goatboy wrote:

> A quest to find that one person, that one special person that
> compliments you. Not validates you or gives you approval, but fits
> with your views and outlook in life. That one person that understands
> what you mean to say and often can complete your thoughts without
> having to try.

Tell me something. If you found a person like the one you have described above, would you go out with them even if they were ugly, fat whatever...

Its not easy for people who aren't slim and beautiful to find someone who accepts them. Sometimes we have to settle for less, even though we maybe more intelligent, more sensitive, more humourous etc.

If I was pretty maybe I wouldn't need validation.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.