GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"A Quick X-Box 360 question!"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 11/09/08 at 16:42
Regular
"THFC"
I am probably going to get the Arcade pack (my girlfriend getting for me with a phone she getting)

So i figured i could buy a 20GB hard Drive and the wireless adapter. Would all that work ok?? Or is there a big disadvantage to havin the arcade!?!?!

Any help would be great

Thanks
Fri 12/09/08 at 14:13
"possibly impossible"
It is the only one, yes. I got it when I got my Xbox, but with Quidco you could at least order it online and get a few quid off.
Fri 12/09/08 at 14:23
Regular
"THFC"
ok cool, well ill use my vouchers for that then. Guess it gives me time to get used to the X-box and controller playing the actualy games.

Feel spoilt for choice, so many games i am wanting to play, but dont want to get like 3 games and only play a bit of each.

thanks for your help
Fri 12/09/08 at 14:25
Regular
"Opposable thumbs"
3 options:

1. You could just get a long ethernet cable instead
2. Buy expensive official adapter (could try ebay)
3. Use a wireless bridge, e.g. I have my xbox 360 wire-connected to my laptop which acts as a wireless adapter.

Its a shame you can't use USB dongles instead. Also, there is no sign of any 3rd party adapter yet, so MS have a bit of a monopoly on this addon, grrr.
Tue 16/09/08 at 14:40
Regular
"THFC"
I am getting an xbox Arcade tonight! Finally
Going to then get a 20GB hard drive, wireless adapter and 12 month subscription. Will cost me about £100 with vouchers and various other bits and bobs. So all in all, seems like a pretty good idea!

My main concern is that the arcade has 256MB of memroy, how much will that last me for?? i have Naruto Rise of a Ninja and want to play that online, will i be good with memory with that 1 game online and with save files, until i get a new hard drive??

Once again thanks for your help lol
Tue 16/09/08 at 15:07
"possibly impossible"
Should be fine for save files, it just means you'll be limited on any downloadable games or extra levels, which I'm sure you'll live with until you get the Hard Drive anyway.
Tue 16/09/08 at 15:28
Regular
"THFC"
that is a good thing to know - i will probably get the wireless route or i may be able to get away with a 20m cable that is on Amazon for a tenner. Would be useful if it would reach. Guess i will have to have a look and check all the sizes

Thanks for your help pb
Tue 16/09/08 at 21:01
"possibly impossible"
If the cable is going between rooms it might get stretched or pulled, so i don't recommend it. Best to bite the bullet and get the wireless adaptor.

You could always get an HDDVD player for £20 or so on ebay with a load of cheap films too. We're talking £1 or so for some top movies in HD.
Wed 17/09/08 at 08:02
Regular
"THFC"
Cool, well had my first taste of X-box life last night and it was good. Playing Naruto: Rise of a Ninja, which (being a fan of the anime) is great! Happy to now have both Xbox and Ps3, think it gives me the best choice of games possible for my taste!

Thanks for all your help and any game ideas would be much appreciated!
Wed 17/09/08 at 08:33
Regular
"I like turtles"
Emmie,here's my fave 360 'exclusives' :

Gears Of War : Ace shooter,single player a bit short but its great fun (online you will meet the biggest tools on the planet though !).Gears 2 is out in November at looks amazing !.

Burnout Revenge : Best arcade racer ever.Great online as well.Much more fun than Burnout Paradise and its budget price now.

Flatout : Ultimate Carnage : Top Burnout clone and cheap as chips.One of the best online games I've ever played (if you can find anyone still on it).

Call Of Duty 2 : 360 launch title,looks a bit dated now but still a fantastic game.Not as good as COD 4 but miles better than COD 3.Again,you can pick it up for buttons now.

PGR 4 : A top racer,brilliant fun and can be picked up for under £15 now (bikes on it are pretty useless though).

Forza Motorsport 2 : Maybe a bit too 'serious' for some people but if you liked the Gran Turismo games I would consider this.Yet again it can be found in bargain bins around the country.

Bioshock : Another top game.Wasn't really for me (as I have little patience) but it is very good if you like this sort of stuff.Can also be picked up cheap now.

Others you may consider:

Halo 3 : In opinion the most overrated game ever.Its not at all bad its just I didn't find it anything special at all.Again,can be picked up for under £15 now so you might consider it at that price.

Viva Pinata : Looks like a kids game but scratch the surface and its actually pretty challenging.My daughter still plays it all the time now as I'm too tight to buy her the sequel !.

PGR 3 : Not as good as the latest version but I have seen this going for as little as £2.99 in the past.Its not very good online but well worth picking up if you see it for a few quid.

Most of the above can be picked up very cheap on eBay etc now and pre-owned at GAME,Gamestation etc.Think Gamestation do something like 4 for £20 on some titles (think I saw COD 2 & Forza 2 it it when I there a few weeks ago).If I think of anything else I'll let you know mate.Hope this helps.
Wed 17/09/08 at 08:42
Regular
"THFC"
Cheers pete - i will have to look at a few of them. I just ordered a Wireless bridge and 12 month Xbox live Gold off Amazon, should get it Friday or Saturday. Looking forward to using Xbox Live as it is meant to be better than playstation.

Well i got a good selection of games i can get now at least. Just happy that no "exclusive game" for ps3 or xbox is out of my reach now.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.