GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"A Quick X-Box 360 question!"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 11/09/08 at 16:42
Regular
"THFC"
I am probably going to get the Arcade pack (my girlfriend getting for me with a phone she getting)

So i figured i could buy a 20GB hard Drive and the wireless adapter. Would all that work ok?? Or is there a big disadvantage to havin the arcade!?!?!

Any help would be great

Thanks
Thu 11/09/08 at 16:42
Regular
"THFC"
I am probably going to get the Arcade pack (my girlfriend getting for me with a phone she getting)

So i figured i could buy a 20GB hard Drive and the wireless adapter. Would all that work ok?? Or is there a big disadvantage to havin the arcade!?!?!

Any help would be great

Thanks
Thu 11/09/08 at 18:14
Regular
"I like turtles"
That will be fine Emmie.My mate bought the original entry level 360 (can't remember what is was called now!) then added a hard drive,wireless controllers and wireless internet adaptor later on.If you're going to get an arcade basically for free then go for it dude !.
Thu 11/09/08 at 23:25
"possibly impossible"
Yeah, arcade will be fine. Not sure I trust those phone deals though.
Fri 12/09/08 at 08:01
Regular
"THFC"
Thanks for your help!

I was a bit skeptical about the whole thing but then a mate did it and got a 19" Samsung HD TV with his phone. My Girlfriend got her heart set on a Samsung Pink Tocco, and the tarrif is about £40 a month for unlimited texts, 1000 minutes etc etc, which aint too bad, and i should get either an xbox arcade or xbox pro (duno what that is)

Could anyone shed light on what an X-box 360 Pro is?
Fri 12/09/08 at 08:16
Regular
"I like turtles"
Think the Pro is the new model with the 60GB hard drive,falcon chipset and HDMI port.Its the replacement for the old premium model.Happy days if its one of those !.
Fri 12/09/08 at 08:40
Regular
"THFC"
yea it is - and it gets delivered tomorrow which is all good!
Fri 12/09/08 at 10:30
"possibly impossible"
Yes, if you have a choice, get the Pro. Didn't realise you had that choice!
Fri 12/09/08 at 11:34
Regular
"THFC"
my Girlfriend got the phone! which means a nice new shiny X-Box 360 pro will be at mine before 1:00 tomorrow. Nice!

Just got to get some of the games i been dying to play
Fri 12/09/08 at 11:53
Regular
"THFC"
can anyone please suggest the best wireless reciever for an xbox - i found one for about £50 on Amazon, but that seems a bit expensive!

lol - im an xbox noob, sorry people, but dont want to waste my money
Fri 12/09/08 at 14:06
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
As far I can remember you are only able to use the official Microsoft wireless adapter which is about £50-60. Sucks a bit but if you don't use an Ethernet cable you have little choice!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.