GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"A Quick X-Box 360 question!"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 11/09/08 at 16:42
Regular
"THFC"
I am probably going to get the Arcade pack (my girlfriend getting for me with a phone she getting)

So i figured i could buy a 20GB hard Drive and the wireless adapter. Would all that work ok?? Or is there a big disadvantage to havin the arcade!?!?!

Any help would be great

Thanks
Wed 17/09/08 at 12:17
Regular
"Mooching around"
Haven't played paradise, I've heard highly mixed reviews though, so I reckon I'll stay away.

I hated the game just because it was too silly, like using an F1 style car and bashing other road cars out of the way.

Takedown was my favourite racer, and Burnout 2 is my overall favourite driving/party game, realistic enough and with amazing crash zones.
Wed 17/09/08 at 11:12
Regular
"I like turtles"
No its not exclusive to the 360 but its not available for the PS3 (which I Emmie has got).Totally disagree with you about the game though.I think its great fun and (along with Burnout 2) it is my personal favourite game in the series.There's a bunch of us who are still playing on it over 2 years after we first bought it.Hated Burnout Paradise though it sucked all the fun out of the series IMO.
Wed 17/09/08 at 10:37
Regular
"Mooching around"
pete_21 wrote:
> Burnout Revenge : Best arcade racer ever.Great online as
> well.Much more fun than Burnout Paradise and its budget price
> now.

It's not exclusive ;) and it's terrible IMO, I was so shocked after playing a poor Burnout I nearly cried.
Wed 17/09/08 at 10:32
Regular
"THFC"
ok thanks for the help, just like to know these things lol.

the only annoying thing now is that i just want to go home and play my new game! Still a long time of work ahead : (
Wed 17/09/08 at 10:11
"possibly impossible"
If you don't want Live any more then you just take your card details off the system.

But the only reason I can see for you not wanting Live is:
a) because you lose your mind
or
b) because the Xbox is replaced with something else

:D

Just buy another card if you win GAD nearer the time or get some vouchers, as you can add to it at any time you can just extend it way in advance.
Wed 17/09/08 at 10:03
Regular
"THFC"
but what about when you want it to all come to an end?

I dont want to get charged a whole year if i dont plan on using it. I will get my year's worth this year but may want to cancel it after the first year, do i have to do anything or will it just end after £12 months? Most things like this you have to write to them or call them etc etc
Wed 17/09/08 at 09:47
"possibly impossible"
You just buy another card before the 12 months is up.

You can actually add another 12 months at any time and it will just add it on to your account.
Wed 17/09/08 at 09:43
Regular
"THFC"
oh right - so do i have to call them or do anything to prevent this from happening, as if they will charge me £40 in 12 months time, do i just need to send them something or what?
Wed 17/09/08 at 09:31
"possibly impossible"
Emmie87 wrote:
> i got mine from Amazon - is that not a good idea???
> just used a voucher i had won from here to get it.

Might as well if you've got vouchers. But just remember not to let it auto buy next year as MS charge the full £39.99 for the year. It's exactly the same thing online, just depends on how much you want it to cost.
Wed 17/09/08 at 09:30
"possibly impossible"
Pretty much agree with Pete's list there.

PGR3 under £5
PGR4 £5-£10
Forza 2 £5
Viva Pinata £5 (or Forza and Viva for £10)
COD4
GOW (cheap on ebay)

Dead Rising (if you have HD)
Kill zombies while dressed in womens clothing or a megaman suit. It's great fun but frustrating at the same time.

Orange Box
A better build than the PS3 version and can find for £15

Crackdown
Great TPS in a comic book style. Very fun to play and the extra game modes (free to download) are a great addition.

Halo 3
You need to get this, the online is fantastic.

Frontlines: Fuels of War
If you liked Bad Company, this is similar but more open and the copters are easier to fly. It's pretty much online carnage on a grand scale. Special Edition is still available and contains soundtrack, art book and T-Shirt, often cheaper than standard edition.

Earth Defence Force 2017
Still makes me laugh. It's basic, glitchy and the aliens are so corny, but that's what makes it fun. Like a giant homage to B-movies and is dirt cheap too.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.