GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Video Games blamed again"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 10/09/08 at 10:30
Regular
"Opposable thumbs"
Idiot trys to recreate GTA apparently....

Highlights include:

One pal said of Chinnery: “He’s a really quiet bloke. I can’t believe what happened.” - ahem, have a look at the frontpage pic of him......

I bet you anything the music and violent films that this guy listened to/watched had just as much effect, but of course, apparently it was just the evil games that influenced him to do his 'missions'.

The slideshow is rather funny, mind - particularly the first image. A crudely photoshoped GTA bloke wielding a rocket launcher alongside a crudely photoshoped-in pedestrian, in a random location.
Wed 10/09/08 at 16:27
Regular
Only if you fire a red shell at the policeman.
Wed 10/09/08 at 16:09
Regular
"THFC"
more to the point, when do you pull down people's trousers in GTA?? or did i not get the special edition one?

hmm if i get done for speeding will i get let off if i blame it on mario Kart?
Wed 10/09/08 at 16:02
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Simian wrote:
> But this is what makes it even more humourous. It just wouldn't
> work if it came from the Telegraph.! 99% of Sun stories are made
> up from picking random words (in this case, 'GTA','Violence',
> 'Hookers') from a hat.

I'm yet to read today's Telegraph, but I imagine if they have covered this, I can imagine responsibility etc being more of an issue.

The Sun: Always good for reactionary sensationalism.
Wed 10/09/08 at 14:52
Regular
I just read the bit that says "He attacked his first victim under a railway bridge, pulling down her trousers and touching her breasts."

Since when were breasts down there?

(Just for the record abusing anyone is wrong and should not be taken lightly)
Wed 10/09/08 at 12:11
Regular
"Opposable thumbs"
spoonbeast wrote:
> thats from the sun, so thus the story is sensationlist rubbish
> and should be discarded.

But this is what makes it even more humourous. It just wouldn't work if it came from the Telegraph.! 99% of Sun stories are made up from picking random words (in this case, 'GTA','Violence', 'Hookers') from a hat.
Wed 10/09/08 at 11:58
Regular
"Monochromatic"
"The pervert was 17 when he began..."

All i needed to know.
Wed 10/09/08 at 11:54
Regular
"eat toast!"
thats from the sun, so thus the story is sensationlist rubbish and should be discarded.
Wed 10/09/08 at 10:45
Regular
"Hello?"
Oh dear, I really think someone has to have an ill state of mind in the first place be influenced by something they see on a tv screen. Fair enough if childen say under 10 are subject to this kind of game they may think it's 'cool' but very rarely will the reinact anything they've seen.
This person in question is much older than that and has obviously got issues. Blaming it on a video game? It really doesn't wash with me to be honest, it's an easy scapegoat with all the hype and conufusion within society on what actually influences people's actions. I hope this doesn't reflect on the games industry as something that needs to be addressed, as literally anything can influence someone in an ill state of mind to do something wrong.
IMO they should lock this guy up and never let him out, a game will never make a person with a normal state of mind commit horrific crimes, only a person that is already distrubed.
Wed 10/09/08 at 10:44
Regular
I just like the bit that says:

"A copy of Grand Theft Auto was found at his home by police. "

Wow...
Wed 10/09/08 at 10:34
Regular
"THFC"
hahahaha thats brilliant (not the actual offence he comitted) but the fact he tried to blame it on GTA.

He looks like the biggest Chav in the world, i really think it is pathetic that people even consider that games may influence his behaviour!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.