GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Sony have copied again!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 09/12/00 at 23:20
Regular
Sony copied Nintendo with the memory cards! The memory cards were built into the carts of Nintygames. sony have copied Nintendo with the Rumble Paks. Sony have opied Nintendo with the Analogue pads and have used the SNES design for the controllers.

Now I know wireless controllers were on older consoles but the PS2 have copied Nintendo with the idea of using wireless controllers!

I saw it in the latest SR magazine! An advert for Infra Red controllers! At least Nintendo have the common sense to use Radio so that the signal doensn't stop when something gets in the way!

But Sony didn't use these controllers before Nintendo's Wavebird announcement did they? It was only after Spaceworld that Sony started using wireless!
Sun 10/12/00 at 00:51
"High polygon count"
> Sony copied Nintendo with the memory cards! The memory cards were
> built into the carts of Nintygames.

So Sony have built memory cards into the CD's? Wow, never knew that - I must take my memory cards back and get a refund, as they're clearly not required!

> sony have copied Nintendo with the Rumble Paks.

A rumble pak is a plug-in add-on. A Dual Shock has it built in. Not exactly a copy, and it makes more sense to have it built in anyway.

> Sony have opied Nintendo with the Analogue pads

Erm... analogue pads have been around for years, mate. I don't know who originally made them, but to single out Sony as copying the idea is ridiculous to say the least! Also, I believe Dual Shock (and third-party versions) is the only current joypad to actually use two ananlogue sticks; hardly a carbon copy.

> and have used the SNES design for the controllers.

I though SNES controllers were actually flat, though I won't swear to that.

> Now I know wireless controllers were on older consoles but the PS2
> have copied Nintendo with the idea of using wireless controllers!

Sony themselves do not make wireless controllers of any kind, but third-party companies do. So again you are wrong to single out Sony for this.
Sat 09/12/00 at 23:59
Infra red controllers have been out on PCs for years, I dont think Sony is copyiing Nintendo. Although your point about Joypad design is correct....Nintendo is the innovative joypad designer, the others copy or modify their designs. As for memory cards The Gamecube has memory card slots too.....a memory card is a necessity for machines which use CDs, DVDs or a modified disc form as you cant write to these discs.
Sat 09/12/00 at 23:20
Regular
Sony copied Nintendo with the memory cards! The memory cards were built into the carts of Nintygames. sony have copied Nintendo with the Rumble Paks. Sony have opied Nintendo with the Analogue pads and have used the SNES design for the controllers.

Now I know wireless controllers were on older consoles but the PS2 have copied Nintendo with the idea of using wireless controllers!

I saw it in the latest SR magazine! An advert for Infra Red controllers! At least Nintendo have the common sense to use Radio so that the signal doensn't stop when something gets in the way!

But Sony didn't use these controllers before Nintendo's Wavebird announcement did they? It was only after Spaceworld that Sony started using wireless!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.