GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Rejoice !"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 07/11/02 at 22:12
Regular
Good news for everyone who I routinely annoy, exasperate, argue with, and generally call wrong, for I shall not bother posting in Life any more after this one topic.

This will be a great loss, to my word count, but other than that very little.

Whilst it is not pointless to be a lone voice, it is when it comes to an internet forum. Quite frankly, I can't be bothered anymore, it's not fun, and you all know better anyway.

Now you can all agree with each other safe in the knowledge I won't post a 1000 word + reply ripping peoples ideas apart, great eh ?

~~Belldandy~~
Thu 07/11/02 at 22:12
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
Good news for everyone who I routinely annoy, exasperate, argue with, and generally call wrong, for I shall not bother posting in Life any more after this one topic.

This will be a great loss, to my word count, but other than that very little.

Whilst it is not pointless to be a lone voice, it is when it comes to an internet forum. Quite frankly, I can't be bothered anymore, it's not fun, and you all know better anyway.

Now you can all agree with each other safe in the knowledge I won't post a 1000 word + reply ripping peoples ideas apart, great eh ?

~~Belldandy~~
Thu 07/11/02 at 22:19
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
So when we all start posting topics like "Belldandy likes kittens", you won't be replying? Cool!
Thu 07/11/02 at 22:29
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Ah well
Fri 08/11/02 at 09:19
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
So you can't reply to a couple of posts and you call it quits?

For shame.
Fri 08/11/02 at 09:21
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
That's funny man...

"I'm not posting anymore"
"But you didnt respond to points raised by Light"
"I'm fed up with it"
"But you didnt respond, to run away from an argument indicates defeat and plants the notion that you don't actually have much faith in your beliefs or you'd argue them"
"No, it's rubbish and stuff"
"So it's not because you had no comebacks to calmly posed questions then?"
"shut up"
Fri 08/11/02 at 09:21
Regular
I think you should stay.
Just because some don't agree with your viewpoints doesn't mean they don't like you.
Fri 08/11/02 at 09:24
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
Belldandy wrote:

> Whilst it is not pointless to be a lone voice, it is when it comes to
> an internet forum. Quite frankly, I can't be bothered anymore, it's
> not fun, and you all know better anyway.

I disagree. I find discussions fun whether I'm winning or being completely trounced. It wouldn't be fun if everyone agreed with you. You need different viewpoints to have a discussion. I think your viewpoints are important, but you need to be able to take on board others views too.

In conclusion

Don't leave us. Please
Fri 08/11/02 at 09:26
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Belldandy wrote:
Now you can all agree with each other safe in the knowledge I won't
> post a 1000 word + reply ripping peoples ideas apart, great eh ?
>

--

No, now you wont post derisive, sneering stuff labelling anyone that disagrees as a sympathiser
Ripping people's ideas apart? Please...

Light called you on some things and you run away? But you are Mr Pedantic, responding in great detail to anybody that responds.
I say you leave not through frustration, but because you got owned.
Fri 08/11/02 at 09:42
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
> Belldandy wrote:
> Now you can all agree with each other safe in the knowledge I won't
> post a 1000 word + reply ripping peoples ideas apart, great eh ?

So, basically what you are saying is that you are the lone voice of reason and dissent in an otherwise bland forum? Hmmm...I've not been here too long but that sounds very much like sneers to hide tears. As to ripping idea's apart...you don't seem to have done that with mine (or anyones). You respond by attempting to enrage your opponent so that they veer from the point. However, you do have some interesting ideas, and I find it a shame that you only think that you can validate them by mocking anything that doesn't fall squarely within your worldview.

> I say you leave not through frustration, but because you got owned.

I'm very much inclined to agree. The tone of your parting shot (with all it's implications of superiority to all whom you disagree with) betrays a certain fear of 'losing'.
Fri 08/11/02 at 11:12
Regular
Well, regardless of the latest forum spat, and regardless of whether i agreed with you on any particular issues of course, i've always enjoyed reading your stuff, which always came across as intelligently written and clearly thought out.
When i did disagree, being forced to defend my opinions rationally made me research things much more thoroughly than i otherwise would, something i've always felt glad i've done afterwards.
And you did affect my opinions on various things, with views and reasoning i'd not considered myself.
You had my vote in the next notable election too.

Whatever note you leave the forum on, it's still a loss in my eyes.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.