GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GAMEADAY LOST MY GAME?!?!?!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 07/12/00 at 20:27
Regular
I've been sending emails to Ali and posting messages for over a week now about not having received a game that I won 3 weeks ago. After all my efforts Ali has (finally) emailed back saying th game was dispatched over 2 weeks ago. He said that it was either at my local PO, or had got lost in the post. Since all the games I have got from SR fit through my post-box (and even if they didn't, the neighbours would have it, or I would have a slip from the PO saying that it's there), then I think that this is very unlikely- I'll check tomorrow to make sure. However, if the game has been lost in the post then basically "tough luck!". (That was not an exact quote). What Ali said is that a very small number of games are lost in the post, and that the only thing I can do is write in to the company magazine- ie He could do nothing. On GOOD sites like Simply Games, he situation is slightly different. You see, they offer next day delivery, and they didn't deliver the game for a whole week. They said it was probably lost in the post, and gave it to me FREE! So for f**ks sake SR, get your act together- not only are your prices higher than Simply games, and they have no membership fee, but also they give free next day delivery and if delivered late give you the games free! I don't think I'll renew my membership next year at this rate!

-The rather annoyed Rav
Mon 01/09/08 at 15:59
"The Boss Lady"
'My Lttle Eye' 2002 (dir. Marc Evans)
Tagline: Fear Is Not Knowing. Terror Is Finding Out.

Synopsis:
Five young people apply to live in an isolated house together for six months whilst their every move is filmed by numerous cameras. Each has their reason for wanting to be there - fame, money, adventure. The prize - $1 million. The rules - if one person leaves, everyone loses. It becomes the ultimate morality test. When Danny's beloved grandfather dies, does his greed overcome his love? When the skittish Emma finds blood on her pillow why does she still stay behind? And what dark secret does the house harbour that leaves them feeling as though they're being watched by more than just a million pairs of eyes?
Mon 01/09/08 at 15:58
"The Boss Lady"
'Rec' 2007 (dir. Jaume Balagueró & Paco Plaza)
Tagline: One Witness. One Camera

Synopsis:

While covering the night shift at a small-town fire department, an ambitious young television reporter (Manuela Velasco) and her cameraman follow the crew on a call to rescue an elderly woman(Matt Frew) trapped in her apartment. Upon their arrival at the scene, the calm midnight air is pierced by the sound of horrific screams, and the television report takes an unexpectedly dark turn.
Sun 31/08/08 at 22:59
Regular
Well I may as well go ahead and say The Strangers (2008) (dir. Bryan Bertino) Tagline: "Lock the door. Pretend you're safe."
Sun 31/08/08 at 20:00
"The Boss Lady"
'The Others' 2001 (dir. Alejandro Amenábar)
Tag Line:"No door is to be opened before the previous one is closed"

Synopsis:

A woman named Grace (Nicole Kidman) is living with her two children Anne and Nicholas (Alakina Mann and James Bentley) on an almost empty island in their huge mansion. Grace's husband is a soldier in WWII and Grace has given her husband up for dead. Everything seems peaceful for her, but when three mysterious servants are given jobs at the house, terrifying secrets are unlocked that even Grace cannot handle.
Sun 31/08/08 at 16:46
Regular
Well I may as well go ahead and say The Strangers (2008) (dir. Bryan Bertino) Tagline: "Lock the door. Pretend you're safe."
Sun 31/08/08 at 02:00
"The Boss Lady"
They (2005) (dir. Robert Harmon)
Tagline: 'Are you afraid of the dark? You should be.'
Sun 31/08/08 at 01:53
"The Boss Lady"
In this quizz you have to name the title and date of a horror/thriller movie with a plot that involved people trapped in a house.

One title per post people!
Sat 09/12/00 at 12:10
Regular
I don't know what everyone's problem is!
I know what's wrong, he hasn't had a new game for ages so he's itching for a new one, we all get that feeling at some time.....
Sat 09/12/00 at 12:08
Regular
"Excommunicated"
This is the first time I have looked at this, and why don't you shut up RAV! You are getting a FREE game which Ali got you in the first place. Remember his job is not just sending out the gameaday games.

They have made this discussion board for us, provide a game to be won each day and yet you still complain after you have won. I hope your game never turns up!
Sat 09/12/00 at 11:31
"possibly impossible"
I'd agree. I've been buying games and hardware from SR ever since the first gameboy came out, which is an awfully long time ago. Back then they used to be pretty slow at delivering. I'd usually have to wait about 2 weeks, but then everything was cheaper and the rest of the service was pretty good. Nowadays, they've improved their post service and although I've not got enough money at the moment, I've got my eye on some cheap games for the N64 in the SR mag. Only one eye mind.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.