GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Preparing for Christmas"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 29/08/08 at 10:47
"possibly impossible"
September is coming, so that can only mean one thing. Yes, the Christmas decorations will be out in the big supermarkets and crackers will go on sale.

But don't sigh, it's actually a good time to organise your Christmas holiday. If you're at work and you don't have 'factory' holidays, then you'll want to get your holiday booked before everyone else rushes in.

That's where uncle pb comes in with some handy hints.

Christmas this year is on a Thursday, meaning that it's a good chance to get a 4 day weekend without eating in to your holiday time. Why not book 29th-31st off as well and then 2nd, giving you 11 days holiday for the price of 4?

With New Year falling on a Thursday as well, don't fall in to the trap of spending 2nd January at work. Book the friday off before it's too late!

Alternatively, like most men, you'll probably be Christmas shopping at the last minute. So why not have 22nd to 24th off of work and enjoy the whole week, while beating that rush. It would also give you more freedom should you be invited to an office Christmas party.

But don't worry if you've run out of holiday time already, this year is a good one for just taking the standard holidays off. Even without booking you'll get 4 days at Christmas. You can always phone in sick with food poisoning on 2nd Jan...
Fri 29/08/08 at 11:01
Regular
"THFC"
My Girlfriend is a supervisor at Debenhams and they are preparing for it aswell, she said the decorations will be out soon, the stock comes out etc etc.

I have to use 5 days holiday over Christmas (just how it works here) so i wil have about a week and a half off, but going to centre parcs early december for a weekend, so plenty of time off in December! Woo Hoo
Fri 29/08/08 at 11:00
Regular
Nope, we're one of the companies that has christmas close down. So I'm working on Christmas Eve, but then off until monday 5th Jan.

Got no holiday left to book any more off - I need it all for the wedding / honeymoon.
Fri 29/08/08 at 10:51
"possibly impossible"
Ah! You'll see. You'll leave it too late to sort out and then wish you'd taken my advice! :D
Fri 29/08/08 at 10:49
Regular
Gah! B*gger off - it's far too early.

Sooooo much to happen between now and then.
Fri 29/08/08 at 10:47
"possibly impossible"
September is coming, so that can only mean one thing. Yes, the Christmas decorations will be out in the big supermarkets and crackers will go on sale.

But don't sigh, it's actually a good time to organise your Christmas holiday. If you're at work and you don't have 'factory' holidays, then you'll want to get your holiday booked before everyone else rushes in.

That's where uncle pb comes in with some handy hints.

Christmas this year is on a Thursday, meaning that it's a good chance to get a 4 day weekend without eating in to your holiday time. Why not book 29th-31st off as well and then 2nd, giving you 11 days holiday for the price of 4?

With New Year falling on a Thursday as well, don't fall in to the trap of spending 2nd January at work. Book the friday off before it's too late!

Alternatively, like most men, you'll probably be Christmas shopping at the last minute. So why not have 22nd to 24th off of work and enjoy the whole week, while beating that rush. It would also give you more freedom should you be invited to an office Christmas party.

But don't worry if you've run out of holiday time already, this year is a good one for just taking the standard holidays off. Even without booking you'll get 4 days at Christmas. You can always phone in sick with food poisoning on 2nd Jan...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.