GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Preparing for Christmas"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 29/08/08 at 10:47
"possibly impossible"
September is coming, so that can only mean one thing. Yes, the Christmas decorations will be out in the big supermarkets and crackers will go on sale.

But don't sigh, it's actually a good time to organise your Christmas holiday. If you're at work and you don't have 'factory' holidays, then you'll want to get your holiday booked before everyone else rushes in.

That's where uncle pb comes in with some handy hints.

Christmas this year is on a Thursday, meaning that it's a good chance to get a 4 day weekend without eating in to your holiday time. Why not book 29th-31st off as well and then 2nd, giving you 11 days holiday for the price of 4?

With New Year falling on a Thursday as well, don't fall in to the trap of spending 2nd January at work. Book the friday off before it's too late!

Alternatively, like most men, you'll probably be Christmas shopping at the last minute. So why not have 22nd to 24th off of work and enjoy the whole week, while beating that rush. It would also give you more freedom should you be invited to an office Christmas party.

But don't worry if you've run out of holiday time already, this year is a good one for just taking the standard holidays off. Even without booking you'll get 4 days at Christmas. You can always phone in sick with food poisoning on 2nd Jan...
Thu 25/09/08 at 11:47
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
I get from Xmas eve off until 5th January so plenty of drinking time.

Xmas stuff has been in the shops for about 3 weeks now ever since the back to school stuff was taken off the shelves but I think I'll think about gifts in about just under 3 months time.....
Wed 24/09/08 at 11:25
"possibly impossible"
Well, I still say it's good to get some things early so you find it a bit more relaxing (both financially and physically) nearer the time.
Tue 23/09/08 at 20:48
"Was the man of marz"
The Christmas build-up used to start after Guy Fawkes, then Halloween (all hallows eve), yet now it seems to be whenever the retail sector ruddy well needs it.
Tue 23/09/08 at 13:42
"possibly impossible"
That's a great idea.
Tue 23/09/08 at 13:36
Regular
Are we doing another secret santa this year? £5 or under should be enough. And no it can't be a voucher/gift card. :P
Sat 30/08/08 at 19:12
Regular
I've not been as reproductive as Pb so I'm not so worried about Christmas

I do have FOUR nephews but I'm the awesome Uncle that they love even though I get them -one- present. Which they look at, play with for a bit, and move on. Everyone wins!

Although it's getting to the point now where they're developing 'hobbies' so I'll just get stuff for those
Sat 30/08/08 at 18:59
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
The Reaper wrote:
> spoonbeast wrote:
> bah, with the state of the economy chances are we'll have a
> terrible christmas.
>
> Don't worry, most people are ignorant :)

People aren't ignorant - they like a good excuse for a 'blow out' and boy is Christmas a good excuse. No matter what the current economic climate is, each and every one of us will find that little bit extra at Christmas and have a rip-roaring time. Never fails:)

PS Merry Christmas, Reaper:D
Sat 30/08/08 at 15:04
Regular
"Mooching around"
spoonbeast wrote:
> bah, with the state of the economy chances are we'll have a
> terrible christmas.

Don't worry, most people are ignorant :)
Sat 30/08/08 at 14:26
Regular
"eat toast!"
bah, with the state of the economy chances are we'll have a terrible christmas. I bet parents are now getting their children invisible presents and having them to dine on air during christmas dinner.
Sat 30/08/08 at 12:43
Regular
In some shops its already started, for example christmas puddings have been out in Asda since the begining of August and where I used to work in TKmaxx they had a talking Santa and christas tree up in JUNE!! when I was looking for a prom shirt I saw it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.