GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Preparing for Christmas"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 29/08/08 at 10:47
"possibly impossible"
September is coming, so that can only mean one thing. Yes, the Christmas decorations will be out in the big supermarkets and crackers will go on sale.

But don't sigh, it's actually a good time to organise your Christmas holiday. If you're at work and you don't have 'factory' holidays, then you'll want to get your holiday booked before everyone else rushes in.

That's where uncle pb comes in with some handy hints.

Christmas this year is on a Thursday, meaning that it's a good chance to get a 4 day weekend without eating in to your holiday time. Why not book 29th-31st off as well and then 2nd, giving you 11 days holiday for the price of 4?

With New Year falling on a Thursday as well, don't fall in to the trap of spending 2nd January at work. Book the friday off before it's too late!

Alternatively, like most men, you'll probably be Christmas shopping at the last minute. So why not have 22nd to 24th off of work and enjoy the whole week, while beating that rush. It would also give you more freedom should you be invited to an office Christmas party.

But don't worry if you've run out of holiday time already, this year is a good one for just taking the standard holidays off. Even without booking you'll get 4 days at Christmas. You can always phone in sick with food poisoning on 2nd Jan...
Sun 05/10/08 at 23:05
Regular
Dragonlance wrote:
and didn't they have a good Christmas

It's getting worse, you've turned into Bruce Forsyth now!

I'm not a parent, although I am an uncle (and a superdooper one), I do wonder a lot about Christmas presents and what not. My nephews are amazingly spoilt and it's a little sad because it's very hard to teach them the value of anything when, well, everything's just thrown at them. Not my responsibility, I know, but when I'm looking after them, and they ask questions, I'll give them my opinion.

In my perfect imaginary world of if I do ever have children, I'd like to really try my best to kinda teach them about what's important and what really isn't. I guess that's what you kinda do as a Dad really, but uh.. not force it down their throat and expect them to OBEY but just.. encourage them to try and take an interest.. I hope! This is obviously the simplest thing in the world but.. I guess what the best thing to do is really, is just work out as much about the world as you can, think about it, think about everything and try and work all this stuff out yourself.. then just become confident in your values, live by them, and all you really need to do then is just.. be with the kids, and they'll pick it up as you go along, maybe!

Haha I dunno, I'm not sure if I'll ever have them, but if I did I'd really like to be a good father.
Sun 05/10/08 at 20:44
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
pb wrote:
> Heh.
>
> Back to the original topic {ahem}, I've just put some more toys
> for my kids up in the loft from the garage. Sorting out what we
> have and what we still need for them.
>
> Me, I'm just hoping to get enough money to pay for the bills in
> January!

You're like me pb, you'll manage it. I didn't think I could, but each year something came along and didn't they have a good Christmas - it makes you feel...
Sun 05/10/08 at 20:29
"possibly impossible"
Heh.

Back to the original topic {ahem}, I've just put some more toys for my kids up in the loft from the garage. Sorting out what we have and what we still need for them.

Me, I'm just hoping to get enough money to pay for the bills in January!
Sun 05/10/08 at 20:28
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Machie wrote:
> Congratulations to her :) hope she had a wonderful day.

Thanks Machie, so far so good - she's really had a great day and what's made it 'betterer than ever' our youngest son serving with the RAF Regiment, has sent her a birthday greeting! She's well made up:-D
Sun 05/10/08 at 19:29
Regular
Congratulations to her :) hope she had a wonderful day.
Sun 05/10/08 at 19:23
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Hmmm... wrote:
> Dragonlance wrote:
> Think you're digging a deeper hole:)
>
>
> Shouldn't that be:
> I think... :¬P
>
>
> runs
>
>
> Search Freeola
> Chat

Ha ha Hmmm, I stand corrected - Mrs Dragonlance is celebrating her 53rd birthday today and I was alternating between 'posting' and 'cooking' - many apologies...ps she's enjoyed her birthday so far:)
Sun 05/10/08 at 15:00
"Are you sure?"
Dragonlance wrote:
> Think you're digging a deeper hole:)

Shouldn't that be:
I think... :¬P

runs

Search Freeola Chat
Sun 05/10/08 at 14:39
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Think you're digging a deeper hole:)
Sun 05/10/08 at 11:29
"Was the man of marz"
Dragonlance wrote:
> First and foremost you are nitpicking now. The quote was meant
> to highlight the fact that your comment was incorrect as OF
> should have been A, as in "There was A falling out..."
> So we are all guilty of writing what we think we are writing and
> not re-reading the post.

Isn’t that an isolated error though, which isn’t the case with what we’re talking about. Also do you consider it grown up to re-accuse someone of an insinuation you originally made? I only ask this as below you refer to age, which I’m hoping is a flippant remark, inspired by Enfield and Whitehouse being back on the box but I very much doubt it. If you want to go down this route then fine, but people actually grow down as they become older, becoming less trustful and more judgemental etc.

> Secondly, I do object to your direct suggestion that I'm here to
> form 'personal attachments'. I'm very sorry young man, but I will
> always stand up for those that seem to need support and
> 'friendship' in any situation. This is a 'friendly forum' and a
> lot of its members do actually know each other personally - this
> is obvious throughout each thread. It may be infectious, but it
> is what helps to make this forum a welcoming place to be, to
> converse, to discuss and to be a member of.

Why do you object if it’s the case, that those who engage in pleasantries, whilst choosing to share personal details about themselves (which I find slightly dubious in this information age) have a better time on forums. Personally I just see the internet as a vast encyclopaedia, which is being polluted by users continually sharing hearsay and guesswork in the margins. An impartial forum is a valuable place, being able to draw on the experience of others, although that does seem to be as rare here as any other place.
Sat 04/10/08 at 19:20
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
2002- just a number? wrote:
> Dragonlance wrote:
> Totally agree, so if we are nitpicking - is this response of
> yours coherent?
> "There was of falling out of sorts with someone and
> Freeola...":)

>
> Secondly your example is a statement where I didn’t know all of > the facts, as it was only mentioned by someone else, so sorry >I’m not here a lot more forming personal attachments (as you seem to).

First and foremost you are nitpicking now. The quote was meant to highlight the fact that your comment was incorrect as OF should have been A, as in "There was A falling out..." So we are all guilty of writing what we think we are writing and not re-reading the post.

Secondly, I do object to your direct suggestion that I'm here to form 'personal attachments'. I'm very sorry young man, but I will always stand up for those that seem to need support and 'friendship' in any situation. This is a 'friendly forum' and a lot of its members do actually know each other personally - this is obvious throughout each thread. It may be infectious, but it is what helps to make this forum a welcoming place to be, to converse, to discuss and to be a member of.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.