GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Aww... Poor Brenty"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 04/11/02 at 22:31
Regular
Can't help but feel sorry for him.

And now they've left it on a cliffhanger for next series, will he keep his job, what's gonna happen between Dawn and Tim now that Tim's told her how he feels...
Tue 05/11/02 at 11:04
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Your Honour wrote:
> I watched it last night. Haven't been into anythnig on telly for ages,
> but I was willing Tim to go ask Dawn.
> I thought it was great how you were just left in silence when he spoke
> to her - much more effective than being able to listen in.
----

Exactly. I watch tv very occasionally and just take it for what it is, images in front of me. No involvement or investment in the characters at all, but Tim bowling down the corridor, I was literally sitting on the edge of the sofa thinking "Go mate, do it. Tell her".
And the silence was a fantastic idea.
"...she said no, by the way" and the wan smile.

I think Brent has been in danger of becoming a caricature of himself, just blatantly acting stupid for laughs. But the management team telling him he wasn't needed and the "...f###ing hell..." and desk kicking saved Brent from being merely a character in a comedy show, I think. A glimpse of the "real" person, he knows he's a failure but never admits it. His teetering-on-tears "please dont make me redundant. I know I've been slack but I'll work twice as hard, I promise. Please".
Inspired. Absolutely inspired, this is what television should be a lot more often instead of reality tv, game shows and weak comedy.
Tue 05/11/02 at 10:52
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Your Honour wrote:
> "If you want to see the rainbow, you havw to put up with the
> rain. Know which philosopher said that?..... Dolly Parton."

"People say she's just t**s."
Tue 05/11/02 at 10:47
Regular
I watched it last night. Haven't been into anythnig on telly for ages, but I was willing Tim to go ask Dawn.

I thought it was great how you were just left in silence when he spoke to her - much more effective than being able to listen in.

I felt truely sorry for Brent when he was told he wasn't wanted as a speaker, and when he was pleading at the end for them not to make him redundant.

Best line?

"If you want to see the rainbow, you havw to put up with the rain. Know which philosopher said that?..... Dolly Parton."
Tue 05/11/02 at 10:29
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
"please dont make me redundant, please"

Gervais is an excellent writer, but a bloody good actor as well, I havent really paid attention to him. Just assumed he "was" Brent, but the looks to camera, the teeth-baring, the "f###ing hell" when management told him he wasnt needed as the speaker.
Gervais owns.

He could teach The League of Gentlemen about how to keep a series interesting AND funny.
I've just not bothered with the 3rd L.O.G after the 3rd episode, whereas The Office ranks as my fav Brit comedy.
Tue 05/11/02 at 10:16
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
I was secretly miffed at the fact it was so blatantly left open for a possible 3rd series, with none of the storylines coming to any conclusions, but then I sort of knew they'd do that anyway, and it was a fantastic episode. The bit at the end was actually really quite brilliant, where his eyes glaze over and his voice starts to go.
Tue 05/11/02 at 09:17
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
Ahh it was 10:15 last night and I suddenly realised it was Monday, so I missed the first half. At least it's repeated on thursday and then as part of the series 2 night this saturday on BBC Choice.
Tue 05/11/02 at 08:57
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
I actually felt sorry for Brent watching that, there were some "you t**" moments (with the reporter), but seeing him just deflate was painful - the management company telling him they dont want him anymore and kicking the desk.

Felt really bad for Tim as well, I dont usually get into programmes but I found myself thinking "Go on mate, go for it" when he strides down to Dawn and takes her in the office. Then clips the mike on "...she said no, by the way". Crushing, just crushing.

So 3rd series? Reckon so, but I hope they leave it at that and dont push it.
Mon 04/11/02 at 23:05
"...Unicef pennies.."
'Twas amusing seeing the "entertainer" drain out of the Brentmeister and the real emotion come out.

Didn't think that they brought the Tim & Dawn situation to much of a cliffhanger though.

Gareth on the handsfree to the mystery woman. Genius! Tim's face was superb.
Mon 04/11/02 at 22:31
Regular
"You've upset me"
Can't help but feel sorry for him.

And now they've left it on a cliffhanger for next series, will he keep his job, what's gonna happen between Dawn and Tim now that Tim's told her how he feels...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.