GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Aww... Poor Brenty"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 04/11/02 at 22:31
Regular
Can't help but feel sorry for him.

And now they've left it on a cliffhanger for next series, will he keep his job, what's gonna happen between Dawn and Tim now that Tim's told her how he feels...
Fri 08/11/02 at 22:16
Regular
I thought the funniest bit was him chatting to the camera at the beginning, comparing himself to Jesus.

"Slough's a big place. And then there's Aldershot. Bracknell. Dipcott. Even Yateley."
Wed 06/11/02 at 20:20
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
I can picture that being in the new series/one off. Brent always boasting about sueing them and when people ask why he just kind of coughs and changes the subject. :)
Wed 06/11/02 at 17:04
Regular
"not dead"
But if they were making Brent redundant, how could they have wanted either Tim or Gareth to replace him temporarily, then hire someone externally?

You make someone redundant when the job no longer exists.

He could sue them.

;o)
Wed 06/11/02 at 10:05
Regular
Ricky Gervais is on Jonathon Ross' chat show on Friday I think, so he will probably mention it then.

I think a third series is feasible, if they introduce some more main characters to freshen things up (although they may have missed their chance - I think that new staff from the Swindon branch at the end of Series 1/beginning of Series 2 would have been the best time to do it)
Wed 06/11/02 at 09:58
Regular
I listned to a bit of an interview with Gervais on Radio 1 yesterday, and he hinted at a one off episode, not a whole new series.

I was thinking a one off would work well, if it was set ay his leaving party. Gareth's mystery woman could turn up (perhaps she's the one he's dancing with at the part at the end of the first series?).

I think an hour long one off would be a better way to end it than a whole new series, which would wear the idea a little thin.

I thought telly would be crap again on Monday nights now, but the new Alan PArtridge starts next week, so maybe it's not all bad...
Tue 05/11/02 at 17:34
"Darth Vader 3442321"
I liked Brent's insistence of talking in third person to the reporter.

ie "Brent mused"

Also funny:

Brent "How do you define a girlfriend"

Reporter "Someone you have sex with".

Brent "That's just coarse! You'll never when the pulitzer with stuff like that".
Tue 05/11/02 at 16:48
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
I felt sorry for Brent last night. He's always so confident but yesterday when he just broke down was great. The look he gave to the camera just before he begged them not to make him redundant was fantastic. It was like he didn't wanna show this weakness in front of the camera but knew he had no choice.

Typical Brent when he was being interviewed though.

"David sat back and....."

If they do make another series, I'll be happy. However, if it's crap like the third series of League of Gentlemen I'll be extremely annoyed.
Tue 05/11/02 at 15:17
Regular
The Office is pure class.

I'll say it and say it again -

Ricky Gervais never fails to deliver pure comedy, yet good acting at the same time.

Gareth - "Look like i'll have to clean up after your mess"

*Gets out berty the dancing thing*

Tim - "No don't take Berty"

Natalie - "F##k off"

The look on Gareths face made me chuckle.
Tue 05/11/02 at 14:39
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Yeah i think Brent's facade falling down and showing that he does actually care gave more spirit to the show.
Tue 05/11/02 at 14:33
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
"So what do you look for in a girl?"

"I like blacks"

"You know who you should choose, Gareth. He's a hard worker"

*clap, clap

"He's dedicated"

*whistles

"He's the right person for the job"

*Der der de de de derrr

That, toy thing was excellent.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.