GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The new Nirvana video"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 20/10/02 at 22:08
Regular
Has anyone seen the new video for You Know You're Right? I think it's pretty cool how they mixed up the clips - sorta like the Lithium video, but faster. Also, where did the footage of Kurt at the beginning come from (where he has red hair), it looks like he was in a white room and this part was in very high quality. Certainly proves there's a lot more home videos of Nirvana/Kurt floating around, waiting to be bootlegged.

Personally, I think the song's pretty good, but not as good as some of the other unreleased stuff. They did a good job with the video though.
Wed 23/10/02 at 10:15
Regular
"Acid Casual"
SHEEPY wrote:

> You Know Your Right isn't their best and I'm sure it would never have
> been released if he hadn't killed himself. Just a way to make money,
> which is actually what Cobain hated... yet they do that etc blah blah

He never hated it. He wanted it as much as the next man. Before they got signed to Geffen he'd send out dozens of begging letters to all the majors practically on a weekly basis. Cobain was obsessed with making Nirvana into the biggest band he possibly could - all this working class musical snobbery is sheer bollards I'm afraid.

He shot himself cos he was a fudged up smack head. Not because he cared to much or couldn't keep it real anymore, but because he couldn't deal with his various illnesses.

Dont get me wrong I love Nirvana, but Kurt shouldn't be held up on the pedestal that he is. He wrote some great songs, and thats about it.
Tue 22/10/02 at 21:22
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I think they're alright

I like 'In Utero'

You Know Your Right isn't their best and I'm sure it would never have been released if he hadn't killed himself. Just a way to make money, which is actually what Cobain hated... yet they do that etc blah blah
Tue 22/10/02 at 20:18
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Flux wrote:
> *Laughs heartily at Blank*
>
> But how do you know this? Where is your proof? And haven't you heard
> of a little thing called opinion? Don't assume, you're beginning to
> sound like an American police officer...

Yes, I have heard of opinion, and I was giving mine. That's allowed, isn't it?

> And what do you mean "he's" good. He sang for Nirvana, but
> are we forgetting the other three? I guess that you are. It takes more
> than one person to make a band, you know...

Read my post again you pratt. I never said "He's good". Shut the hell up and maybe read what people say before you start spouting your ignorant pre-worked out nonsensical arguments on people, just to try and prove that you know more about Nirvana than they do.

> Ignorant ponce. Think before you type.

Just a tad hypocritical.
>
> And yes, "You Know You're Right" does indeed rock! :)
>
> Flux.
Mon 21/10/02 at 18:46
Regular
"Hmmm....."
Sorry - if anyone is reading this the post button jammed up and now it's posted 5 times... stupid SR...
Mon 21/10/02 at 18:42
Regular
"Hmmm....."
If they really liked Nirvana, they would be walking around for days without washing, in crusty old flannel shirts and old jeans with big, gaping holes in them, and trainers with torn up laces and the soles coming off! That's what punk rock stood for - not caring.
Mon 21/10/02 at 18:41
Regular
"Hmmm....."
If they really liked Nirvana, they would be walking around for days without washing, in crusty old flannel shirts and old jeans with big, gaping holes in them, and trainers with torn up laces and the soles coming off! That's what punk rock stood for - not caring.
Mon 21/10/02 at 18:40
Regular
"Hmmm....."
Mon 21/10/02 at 18:39
Regular
"Hmmm....."
Mon 21/10/02 at 18:39
Regular
"Hmmm....."
Mon 21/10/02 at 10:48
Regular
"The flux capacitor!"
You raise a good point. I hate it when I see 8 year old kids walking around with the Nirvana 10-dollar bill on a shirt and they think it's a fashion statement - they have no idea who Nirvana are. It's so irritating when I see it.

Bloody ignorant, pre-pubescent teeny bopper kiddies...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.