GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Real Videogames being left out"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 02/12/00 at 22:31
Regular
The Dreamcast is a great console (you must think I'm mad being a Nintendo fan) and Sega are probable the most experienced games company on the market!

Today I went out to buy christmas presents and I went into the shop "Game"

There was a small PS2 section with people looking at the 6 game cases to see what games they'll be able to play in 4 months time. There was also a Gameboy section, a little bigger than the PS2 section with quite a few games. Loads of people were looking at the games boxes.
Then there was the PC section, the biggest of them all filled with people of all ages looking for the newest games.
Also the Playstation section, quite a big section with loads and loads of people all looking for the newest 2D game.
The N64 section filled with it's quality games was also full of people.

BUT what about the Sega Dreamcast section? There were plenty of good games better than a lot of Nintendo ones. It was a big section in the shop but the only person that was there was a young boy looking at Star Wars Episode 1 Racer. It was sad to see that a company that was fighting Nintendo at one point was now struggling to survive! Dreamcast owners had a huge choice of games none of them 2D but still they'd rather waste there money on the cheap stuff that you could buy second hand for the SNES.

Even though Sega are planning on making just games like they originally did, it is sad to see the consoles go!
Sun 03/12/00 at 11:55
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Outrun was on the Megadrive, yes, but they had loads of great games, just take a look at the Megadrive forum where all the ex-Sega fans gather, (Last time I looked there were 3 of us.) A lot of us went from the Megadrive to the PSX after the Megadrive-CD fiasco and the Saturn flop, feeling badly let down my SEGA, but we don't forget the games, they were good. Sega should do a retro package, but bring the games up to date graphically. If they kept the gameplay the same then the Dreamcast would probably become a major competitor again. Then, maybe not. Depends how much SEGA want to continue propping the console up. They might just do as they have done with all their other consoles in the past and abandon it completely and make something completely different, we just don't know.
Sun 03/12/00 at 11:50
Regular
Sega made outrun didn't they?

I'd love to see a modern version of that! The music was cool and the racing on roads instead of tracks was excellent!
Sun 03/12/00 at 11:11
Regular
Oh I see! I was just wondering what games Sega would make again if they went back years and years and made games like they used to then. With Segas old fanbase being drawn towards the DC like that, the machine might get a new lease of life. If they brought out the original Road Rash from the Megadrive (with a few enhancements) then I'd buy it like a shot.
Sun 03/12/00 at 11:08
Regular
I'm just talking about Sega in general!
Sun 03/12/00 at 11:06
Regular
Or like Panzer Dragoon on the Saturn, that was more recent.
Sun 03/12/00 at 11:04
Regular
Sonic the Hedgehog was one of Sega's biggest mascots in the early 90's, and Ecco the Dolphin was a groundbreaking game for it's time on the Megadrive, is this going too far back? Or did you mean Sega would be going back to more recent times and making games like Road Rash etc again?
Sun 03/12/00 at 11:02
Regular
Sega!
Sun 03/12/00 at 11:01
Regular
Are we talking about Sonic or Ecco?
Sun 03/12/00 at 10:54
Regular
It's rumoured that in about 2 years time Sega are going to go back to making software like they originally did years and years ago!
Sun 03/12/00 at 10:33
Regular
The last line of your original post has me confused. Where is the Dreamcast going? I reckon it's got a good couple of years left in it yet.

Sony Rool.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.