GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Real Videogames being left out"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 02/12/00 at 22:31
Regular
The Dreamcast is a great console (you must think I'm mad being a Nintendo fan) and Sega are probable the most experienced games company on the market!

Today I went out to buy christmas presents and I went into the shop "Game"

There was a small PS2 section with people looking at the 6 game cases to see what games they'll be able to play in 4 months time. There was also a Gameboy section, a little bigger than the PS2 section with quite a few games. Loads of people were looking at the games boxes.
Then there was the PC section, the biggest of them all filled with people of all ages looking for the newest games.
Also the Playstation section, quite a big section with loads and loads of people all looking for the newest 2D game.
The N64 section filled with it's quality games was also full of people.

BUT what about the Sega Dreamcast section? There were plenty of good games better than a lot of Nintendo ones. It was a big section in the shop but the only person that was there was a young boy looking at Star Wars Episode 1 Racer. It was sad to see that a company that was fighting Nintendo at one point was now struggling to survive! Dreamcast owners had a huge choice of games none of them 2D but still they'd rather waste there money on the cheap stuff that you could buy second hand for the SNES.

Even though Sega are planning on making just games like they originally did, it is sad to see the consoles go!
Mon 04/12/00 at 21:27
Regular
"I like cheese"
No hard feelings m8. I just can't write in "internet language", I prefer the normal mate...mate.
Sun 03/12/00 at 23:19
Whoops, sorry to confuse you ant but this is Edgy! My brother must've been on earlier and it's making me use his name! Doh!

I'll be one of my Edgy usernames tomorrow!

I hope webmaster changes my name back to Edgy!
Sun 03/12/00 at 23:18
No hard feelings eh?

I've misread and misunderstood topics before!

It just agitates me when people don't get the point and I just seem to blow!
Sun 03/12/00 at 19:53
"possibly impossible"
Starring Chris Tarrent..

Is that your FINAL arguement?

are you sure?

Do you wish to decapitate a friend or strafe the audience?
Sun 03/12/00 at 19:09
Regular
A Swordspines Production.

The Final Arguement.

Coming soon.
Sun 03/12/00 at 17:41
Regular
"I like cheese"
darkness_2k wrote:
> It does sound biased, but Ant, what are you???
If I am right and I do know what you are talking about, then I am an Ant, and we are very stubborn. But the FINAL ARGUMENT topic doesn't sound bad.
Sun 03/12/00 at 17:26
Regular
Rush 2049 is pretty, good if most mags and sites gave it high scores. It is fast and addictive, N64 mag said. (not the official one!)
Sun 03/12/00 at 16:28
Regular
I enjoyed that conversation. I think we really need to do a FINAL arguement, one to end all other arguements.
Sun 03/12/00 at 13:01
Regular
"Sanity is for loser"
It does sound biased, but Ant, what are you???
Sun 03/12/00 at 12:39
Regular
"I like cheese"
edgy735 wrote:
> You've totally lost the plot!
>
> I wasn't trying to say that Nintendo are better then Sony!
>
> I was talking about the lonely kid who was looking at the Sega
> games on his own!
>
> I didn't say that Sega didn't have any top quality games! What I
> said was there wasn't anyone looking at those top quality games!
>
>
> And I was telling the truth about the PS2 games! There was only
> about 5 or 6 different ones and no one bought any cos they were
> still waiting for their PS2's!
>
>
> Ant if you read the message more carefully you'd have realised
> that instead of being the typical biased PS fan who has only
> played 6 Nintendo games!
>
> Next time think before you act cos it makes you look stupid when
> you say something stupid like that!

Well actually, I read about 3 times, and it still sounded like a biased message. Sorry if I misunderstood. If they only had that amount of PS2 games, they propably weren't a very large store. And I would actually say my message wasn't stupid (just a tiny bit biased in parts), and I felt that me and Grix had quite a civilised (in parts) conversation about it.
I also did think before I acted, I just misunderstood. Sorry.
But some parts of my message were true.

PS- I would't call me stupid as I'll have my Ant colony on you sooner or later!! {:)
Oh yeah, I've played around 20 Nintendo games, and I'm not normally biased, I'm not normally stupid and there are some "typical biased Nintendo fans" out there.
PS- I'm not stupid.
PSS- I'm not stupid.
PSSS- Neither are you.
PSSSS- I am not normally biased, but can be on occasions.
PSSSSS- Like almost all of us.
{:)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.