GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Real Videogames being left out"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 02/12/00 at 22:31
Regular
The Dreamcast is a great console (you must think I'm mad being a Nintendo fan) and Sega are probable the most experienced games company on the market!

Today I went out to buy christmas presents and I went into the shop "Game"

There was a small PS2 section with people looking at the 6 game cases to see what games they'll be able to play in 4 months time. There was also a Gameboy section, a little bigger than the PS2 section with quite a few games. Loads of people were looking at the games boxes.
Then there was the PC section, the biggest of them all filled with people of all ages looking for the newest games.
Also the Playstation section, quite a big section with loads and loads of people all looking for the newest 2D game.
The N64 section filled with it's quality games was also full of people.

BUT what about the Sega Dreamcast section? There were plenty of good games better than a lot of Nintendo ones. It was a big section in the shop but the only person that was there was a young boy looking at Star Wars Episode 1 Racer. It was sad to see that a company that was fighting Nintendo at one point was now struggling to survive! Dreamcast owners had a huge choice of games none of them 2D but still they'd rather waste there money on the cheap stuff that you could buy second hand for the SNES.

Even though Sega are planning on making just games like they originally did, it is sad to see the consoles go!
Sat 02/12/00 at 22:31
Regular
The Dreamcast is a great console (you must think I'm mad being a Nintendo fan) and Sega are probable the most experienced games company on the market!

Today I went out to buy christmas presents and I went into the shop "Game"

There was a small PS2 section with people looking at the 6 game cases to see what games they'll be able to play in 4 months time. There was also a Gameboy section, a little bigger than the PS2 section with quite a few games. Loads of people were looking at the games boxes.
Then there was the PC section, the biggest of them all filled with people of all ages looking for the newest games.
Also the Playstation section, quite a big section with loads and loads of people all looking for the newest 2D game.
The N64 section filled with it's quality games was also full of people.

BUT what about the Sega Dreamcast section? There were plenty of good games better than a lot of Nintendo ones. It was a big section in the shop but the only person that was there was a young boy looking at Star Wars Episode 1 Racer. It was sad to see that a company that was fighting Nintendo at one point was now struggling to survive! Dreamcast owners had a huge choice of games none of them 2D but still they'd rather waste there money on the cheap stuff that you could buy second hand for the SNES.

Even though Sega are planning on making just games like they originally did, it is sad to see the consoles go!
Sat 02/12/00 at 22:35
Regular
They were beating Nintendo at one point...

It is a real shame, and it's my third reason behind buying one after Christmas.

1. Games.
2. Multiplayers.
3. Save Our Sega.
4. Shenmue.
5. Probably Shenmue again.
6. Racers.
7. Beat em ups.
8. Originality.
9. Sonic.
10. Controller.
Sat 02/12/00 at 22:41
Regular
"Excommunicated"
You may have been in at a bad time. In my Game shop everyone alwats surrounds the PC section and Playstation and nothing else especially the N64 section.
Sat 02/12/00 at 22:46
Regular
I always go to the PC section first, then N64, then DC, then PS, and then gameboy.

PS2 would probably fit inbetween DC and PS, and PS will fall to the bottom place soon.
Sat 02/12/00 at 22:52
Regular
"I like cheese"
The latest 2D game in the PSX section??? The games they will be able to play in 4 months time on PS2?? What a load of bull.
So, people in the N64 forum were looking for the latest cartoonie kids game, were they?? Or perhaps their section of around 60 games, only 10 of them being any good, was too small for the Nintendo fans.
All the latest PSX fans were looking at their huge section of over 500 games, 50% of them being very good games.
The PS2 fans were looking at the large selection of release games, and also checking out the 100 games or so coming out in the next couple of months.

I know this is biased but your comment annoyed me. N64, all quality games?? About 10 games are top quality. Therw's no quality PSX titles?? Oh, there's only MGS, GT 1 and 2, Syphon Filter 1 and 2, F1 2000, WWF Smackdown and Smackdown 2, ISS and FIFA, a large selection of great EA Sports games, Final Fantasy games (although they don't appeal to me), Driver and Driver 2, Crash Bandicoot games, Spyro games, The World Is Not Enough and only about 100 more!!!
I'm sorry but there is a bigger and better selection of PSX games than there is of N64 games.
And that's the bottom line, 'cos Stone Cold and Ant said so.
But there is also a great selection of PC and Dreamcast games.
And suprisingly, the Dreamcast has more top quality games than the N64 has.
{:) "ONCE YOU POP, YOU CAN'T STOP!!!" CLASSIQUE!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks for reading, Ant.
Sat 02/12/00 at 22:54
Regular
"I like cheese"
Oh YEAH!! I enjoyed that. {:)
Sat 02/12/00 at 23:01
Regular
"I know this is biased but your comment annoyed me. N64, all quality games?? About 10 games are top quality."

Boll**ks.

"Therw's no quality PSX titles?? Oh, there's only MGS, GT 1 and 2, Syphon Filter 1 and 2, F1 2000, WWF Smackdown and Smackdown 2, ISS and FIFA, a large selection of great EA Sports games, Final Fantasy games (although they don't appeal to me), Driver and Driver 2, Crash Bandicoot games, Spyro games, The World Is Not Enough and only about 100 more!!!"

Still boll**ks.

"I'm sorry but there is a bigger and better selection of PSX games than there is of N64 games.
And that's the bottom line, 'cos Stone Cold and Ant said so."

See above

"But there is also a great selection of PC and Dreamcast games.
And suprisingly, the Dreamcast has more top quality games than the N64 has."

Not boll**ks.
Sat 02/12/00 at 23:12
Regular
"I like cheese"
So Grix, none of those PSX games are top quality??? YOU THINK THERE'S A BIGGER AND BETTER SELECTION OF N64 GAMES!!!!! Now that is boll**ks.
List of good N64 games:
1. PDark
2. Goldeneye (well that's all the decent shoot 'em ups used up already.)
3. Zelda 1
4. Zelda Majora's Mask
5. Star Wars Roque Squadron.
6. Mario Karts
7. Although there's still The World Is Not Enough
8. errrrr
9. To be honest, I can't think of any more.
10. WWF No Mercy (not out yet)
11. I don't know if San Francisco Rush 2049 or whatever is any good.
12. Super Smash Bros
13. Pokemon Stadium is great for Pokemon fans.
To be completely honest, I can't think of any more top quality games.
Lylat Wars and Banjo Kazooie ain't bad, but form what I can see there are faults.

Okay, surely you can admit that there is a BIGGER selection of PSX games, and there's probably more quality games on PSX than on N64 (that's 'cos there's not enough games on N64), but the good games that there are on N64, are brilliant.
But I still believe in my last point.
Sat 02/12/00 at 23:20
Regular
"So Grix, none of those PSX games are top quality???"

Not boll**ks. Just some of them.

"YOU THINK THERE'S A BIGGER AND BETTER SELECTION OF N64 GAMES!!!!!"

Boll**ks. I never said that. I just said: "Boll**ks."

You see, although there are some rather ok games on the PS, there are NO, bar one or two, EPIC games. The Dreamcast has them, Nintendo has them. The Playstations epic games are running on the slim side.

MSG.
FF 7, not 8.
GT.

Whoops. Run out.

There are about ten games by Rare alone that are good.

(And that's not all of them, smartarse.)

"Okay, surely you can admit that there is a BIGGER selection of PSX games,"

Not boll**ks.

"and there's probably more quality games on PSX than on N64."

Still boll**ks.
Sat 02/12/00 at 23:24
Regular
"I like cheese"
Okay, name 10 EPIC games on DC and N64. And I mean EPIC, if MGS, GT2 and FF7 are the only ones on PSX. Also, I would still say there's more quality games on PSX than on N64, as N64 doesn't have enough games overall.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.