GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Heh - well, it had to happen some time!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 19/10/02 at 17:09
Regular
So Arsenal lose to Everton, and Liverpool are top.

Well, the loss had to come at some point. No big deal - a timely reminder that Arsenal aren't invincible.

Enjoy it, 'pool fans. You won't be there for long! :-)
Tue 22/10/02 at 16:38
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
*(Bear in mind, The Premiership only showed about 40secs footage, and a game lasts 90mins)*

Leeds didn't have 10+ chances, you low down, dirty liar :D

They DID have more chances than us, but we deserved to win the overall game. Like I said, we played better than them, linking up well, keeping the ball well, great movement: all of this was missing from the Leeds side.

I'm not simply saying we played better because it's my team I'm talking about, but I'm sick of people saying that Leeds played better than us on that day, when the fact is, they probably didn't even watch the game.

(That was not a personal remark to you Afro ;)
Tue 22/10/02 at 16:13
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Expletive Deleted wrote:
> I think you were watching a different game mate.

---

Well, from what I saw on The Premiership, Leeds had about 10+ chances overall, while Liverpool had 3, and scored one.
Tue 22/10/02 at 15:44
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
Gladiator wrote:
--- Expletive Deleted wrote:
--- Flukey? Hardly, we murdered Leeds :)

What a joke, they were trounced by leeds and didn't deserve a point. Come to think about it, they did that in their last game as well!
------------

I think you were watching a different game mate.
Tue 22/10/02 at 14:23
"High polygon count"
You've been paying too much attention to the press. I don't know any Arsenal fans who have claimed we were running away with it. Before losing to Everton, we were only 2 points clear.

It seems there's been a lot of confusion and mixed messages caused by the press - including false 'quotes' from the manager.

There's also been a lot of coverage about our record-breaking run - much of which has spilled over and got mixed with fans views.

Not to mention a lot of people attributing all sorts of false claims to us because some people have dared suggest we're better than Man U. Some people just can't take it!
Tue 22/10/02 at 12:46
"Darkness, always"
I am still amused that so many Arsenal supporters believed they were running away with the premiership just because they weren't losing games. The reality that a single defeat dropped them into second place means that they werten't really running away with anything, and they weren't on a great WINNING streak, they'd just done well not to LOSE anything. It is perfectly possible for a team to go an entire season without losing a single game, and only ending the season on 38 points, which may even point to relegation.

Arsenal supporters need a reality check. Even in season when Man U HAVE been running away with it, i've still felt apprehension in every result, knowing how many points are left to play for, and what is needed to guarantee a trophy.

Arsenal could react to this defeat by winning almost every game for the rest of the season, and then screwing it up in the last 4 or 5 games. Overconfidence is a massive weakness, and Arsenal fans have inhereted so much after achieving comparatively little.

I hope they lose at least another game in the next 2 weeks, just to shut some of the Gunner's supporters up.
Tue 22/10/02 at 10:53
"High polygon count"
Just to clear up one point... Arsene has never actually said that would be unbeaten.

A member of the press asked if we *could* do it, and he replied with something like "if we keep playing the way we are - why not?"

That's a world of difference between actually claiming that we WOULD be unbeaten.
Tue 22/10/02 at 10:51
Regular
"Trout a la creme"
Remember the 97/98 season, Arsene wrote us off around christmas saying that moan Utd were going to win it, then we did the double.

So even when Arsene gets it wrong ( the whole season unbeat thing) he undoubtedly will go and do something right
: )
Tue 22/10/02 at 10:29
"High polygon count"
Well, we have to let the rest of the Prem think there's SOME hope for them, don't we?

;-p
Mon 21/10/02 at 19:59
Regular
man u fans heads are so big now because they think we lost........ well sorry but we're gonna move on and win some games.
Mon 21/10/02 at 16:43
Regular
"bWo > You"
Arsene predicted no losses all season, and they didn't even reach the end of November...DAMN! Why did Wenger put so much pressure on our lads? We've got to do the double over 'Pool now, or we may be looking at an empty trophy cabinet this year...YEAH RIGHT!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.