GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Soul Caliber 4 - Whose Getting It?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Soul Calibur IV'.
Thu 31/07/08 at 13:14
Regular
"WeAppearToBeOnFire"
So come on then whose getting Soul Caliber 4? If so on what format and what is drawing you towards its purchase?
Thu 31/07/08 at 13:14
Regular
"WeAppearToBeOnFire"
So come on then whose getting Soul Caliber 4? If so on what format and what is drawing you towards its purchase?
Thu 31/07/08 at 16:39
Regular
"I like turtles"
Ive got it on Xbox 360,arrived in yesterdays post which was a nice surprise.Its pretty much what I hoped it would be to be honest.The graphics are fantastic and its very easy to pick up and play.There are some nice additions to the series,a power bar which fills up and when full you can deliver Mortal Kombat style 'critical finishes',a story mode (bit like a tournament) and of course the online play.Other than that its 'business as usual'.Loads of Americans are already on Xbox live playing it as the game came out last week in the US.If you liked the previous Soul Calibur games,or indeed like beat em ups in general I doubt this is going to disappoint.I intend to do a review for it once i've played it a bit more.In the mean time I hope this helps anyone who has been considering buying it.
Thu 31/07/08 at 19:48
Regular
It's gotta be the 360, you get to play as Yoda!!! Victory=Guaranteed
Thu 31/07/08 at 20:07
Regular
"I like turtles"
Luetchyboy wrote:
> It's gotta be the 360, you get to play as Yoda!!!
> Victory=Guaranteed

Yoda is fun to use but really annoying to fight against.The Apprentice (from the forthcoming Star Wars : Force Unleashed) is a badass though !.Only thing that lets the 360 version down is I find the controller is not the best for fighting games and Soul Calibur IV is no exception.Other the that its the best beat em up currently available by a mile.
Thu 31/07/08 at 22:04
Regular
"THFC"
Mine is arriving tomorrow hopefully!

I am looking forward to making some fun characetrs! And going online, but i heard it aint that great online due to lag..... hopefully something that can be sorted out
Thu 31/07/08 at 22:13
Regular
"I like turtles"
Emmie87 wrote:
> Mine is arriving tomorrow hopefully!
>
> I am looking forward to making some fun characetrs! And going
> online, but i heard it aint that great online due to lag.....
> hopefully something that can be sorted out

The 360 version has been fine on line so far ?,no lag for me.If the problems are relating to the PS3 version can't believe it won't be sorted.Been playing it since 4pm this afternoon and my fingers are killing now !.Reckon i'll have to give it rest until tomorrow.The good news is Emmie you won't be disappointed with it when it arrives,its a top game.
Fri 01/08/08 at 08:48
"possibly impossible"
Depends on your own connection as much as the server the game is being hosted on.

I'll get it at some point, need to get a Dual Shock first for my PS3 though. I'll probably get the game on the PS3 because I prefer Darth to Yoda and prefer the pad for fighting games (and the 360 one for driving games).
Fri 01/08/08 at 09:52
Regular
"THFC"
I heard the apprentice is kick ass - he meant to be a solid player and better than Vader, but i will deffo be using some form of lightsaber a lot! Yoda is rumoured to be downloadable in the future, probably for a fiver or something stupid like that.

Also looking forward to seeing how the Ps3 trophy system will work. First game to use it i think, and will be a nice feature!
Fri 01/08/08 at 14:19
Regular
"I like turtles"
The Apprentice is a bad boy for sure !,if anything though he feels a bit too powerful ? (you seem to be able to floor anyone using him).My mate just got the PS3 version and he reckons Vader is a bit of a wuss !.Yoda is fun to wind people up with but annoying as hell to fight against.Most attacks go straight over the green sods head and he can't be picked up at all.You can basically only kick him like a football or if he jumps,swot him like a fly !.Once the novelty has worn off he's not a character I reckon I will use a great deal to be honest.There have been loads of rumours that Vader will available to buy from Xbox marketplace around October time,if thats true then Yoda will obviously be available on PSN.
Fri 01/08/08 at 21:52
Regular
"I like turtles"
For anyone who needs to know how to unlock characters (Xbox 360 version,presume PS3 will be the same ?):

I think I've got them all?.If not please add to the thread :

Amy,Cervantes,Yun-Seoung,Lizardman,Rock,Seong Mina,Setsuka,Sophitia,Yoshimitsu and Zasalamel can all be bought from Character creation for 4000 gold pieces each.Story mode seems to give out more points than the arcade mode.You'll get enough points to get them all after a few runs through it.

Algol : complete story mode with a character who has him as the final boss (I used Taki).

Schererazade : beat her in story mode (most characters meet her I used Yoda).

Angol : defeat her in story mode with Scheherazade.

Ashlotte : beat her in story mode with Talim.

Kamikiri... : beat her in story mode with Cassandra.

Shura : beat her in story mode with Cervantes.

The Apprentice : beat him in arcade mode with Yoda (presume its Vader in PS3 version ?)

Hope this helps.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.