GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"'Playstation 2! The Third Place!'"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 30/11/00 at 23:12
Regular
Before you ay "Why isn't this in the PS2 forum?" this is about my future of gaming.

Has anyone seen this advert?

It's rubbish!

You see someones head float off the body to a duck who says "Welcome to the third place" and thn a women shouts "Playstation 2! The Third Place!"

This advert is rubbish! It's ment to make you buy it not go off it for ever! Whatever the 3rd place is I definately don't wanna go there!

I hope other companies like Nintendo and Microsoft don't start these stupid adverts which are off-putting!

This one's already getting on my nerves!

(By the way I'm the original Edgy!)
Sat 02/12/00 at 09:49
Fantasymeister! Not many people will analyse the advertisement, if it doesn't have an impact then ot won't work. As it happens there is no need whatsoever to advertise at the moment, surely they won't deter potential DC buyers this Xmas. The blue dot represents the Blue dot on the PS2 - this happens when it is turned on, but the rest is very obscure but is explained below this post.
Sat 02/12/00 at 01:07
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Look you guys, it's simple. Don't they teach existentialistic progressionism at school these days?

The first place = here
The second place = there
The third place = somewhere 'in between', limbo if you will, not here, not there, but 'elsewhere'.

Elsewhere is defined by the talking duck. Unusual, striking, different, even absurd; this is what the gaming experience is all about!

The arm sprouting and escaping from the lead character's mouth is symbolising how peripheral this experience will be when we get to the 3rd place.

This is the last time I will explain the advert. If you have any further queries please direct them to either Sony's marketing department:

Sony Marketing (Europe) Inc.,
Happy Landings Institute for the Insane,
Nutterstrasse,
Berlin. DE-012245.
Germany.

Or seek the advice of your nearest analyst.
Fri 01/12/00 at 23:00
Regular
Haven't seen it for days!
Fri 01/12/00 at 22:53
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I just think the guy who did the advert was drunk or something or got a his 5 year old son to help him with the idea!
Fri 01/12/00 at 22:51
Regular
lol

I'm going to the three hundred and forty seventh place!
Fri 01/12/00 at 19:15
Regular
"I like cheese"
Well I think it's innovative, original and...............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
pretty crap.
Fri 01/12/00 at 18:56
It's still not persuading me!
Fri 01/12/00 at 18:48
Regular
Not now, sorry. But tommorrow, perhaps.

I still don't know if the demo will play agaisnt the full game mind... You'll probably have to join a game, not host it, for it to work...
Fri 01/12/00 at 18:40
Regular
"Sanity is for loser"
actually I have the full game with my new PC. I also have Quake 3! When shall we play UT????
Fri 01/12/00 at 18:35
Regular
You don't happen to have the Unreal Tournament demo on your computer? Or have a demo disc with it on? Or feel like downloading it?

Because we're playing that instead of GTA now, because it runs unbelieveably fast. I mean REALLY fast.

So get it, AnD jOiN uS In ThE ThRiD PlAcE...

I mean, join us in a game...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.