GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"'Playstation 2! The Third Place!'"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 30/11/00 at 23:12
Regular
Before you ay "Why isn't this in the PS2 forum?" this is about my future of gaming.

Has anyone seen this advert?

It's rubbish!

You see someones head float off the body to a duck who says "Welcome to the third place" and thn a women shouts "Playstation 2! The Third Place!"

This advert is rubbish! It's ment to make you buy it not go off it for ever! Whatever the 3rd place is I definately don't wanna go there!

I hope other companies like Nintendo and Microsoft don't start these stupid adverts which are off-putting!

This one's already getting on my nerves!

(By the way I'm the original Edgy!)
Thu 30/11/00 at 23:12
Regular
Before you ay "Why isn't this in the PS2 forum?" this is about my future of gaming.

Has anyone seen this advert?

It's rubbish!

You see someones head float off the body to a duck who says "Welcome to the third place" and thn a women shouts "Playstation 2! The Third Place!"

This advert is rubbish! It's ment to make you buy it not go off it for ever! Whatever the 3rd place is I definately don't wanna go there!

I hope other companies like Nintendo and Microsoft don't start these stupid adverts which are off-putting!

This one's already getting on my nerves!

(By the way I'm the original Edgy!)
Thu 30/11/00 at 23:34
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
I loved this advert. It's the most emphatic work of industrial minimalism combined with the atmospheric allure of subliminal undertones whilst at the same time emphasises the dimensional aspect of gameplay. Think to yourself for a minute what the first two places are, in your own body or the spirit world, heaven or hell, Sega or Nintendo, and then postulate in your mind what the third place is.....Sony gameplay. The world of Sony. The 3rd place.
The undercurrent of undefined imagery and unspecified selling volumes speak out for themselves. The black and white filming and vocalised duck are very symbolic of the pure escapism that the console is offering. The man with the arm emitting from his mouth is the epitomy of escapism in a modern society.

If this doesn't win an award I don't know what will.
Fri 01/12/00 at 00:40
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Er.......Bravo ?
I think i'd prefer a look at the console and some footage of some of the games in an advertisement to get me to buy it........... Or am i just being stupid ?
Fri 01/12/00 at 11:22
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
That's a valid argument/opinion. But have console manufacturer's EVER advertised like that? Only in magazines, where the screen shots are very carefully released and airbrushed to make them look as perfect as possible. I think PS2 moving images aren't going to be released for now because of two factors:

1) Anticipation. The marketing stage is rather early, Sony have just started whetting the appetite. The console is already building up a large user base (3.5 million units sold to date), and the first 20 or so released games aren't really showing the console to its true potential, until that happens Sony are in control.
Games developers, however, like EA, can and are advertising. The Kickus Maximus campaign has been televised recently, for example. I think Sony are going to build up until February or March before the next lot of units are shipped, then full blown advertising should arrive by Easter.

2) Delivery. Why spend a fortune on advertising a product now that no-one will be able to buy until April or so anyway?
Fri 01/12/00 at 17:21
Regular
I could of laughed my head off, if i knew what the advert was about.
Fri 01/12/00 at 17:53
There is no point in advertising a console which you simply cannot buy yet. The wierdness and obscurity of these adverts doesn't really matter because people know what a PLaystation 2 is, although they aren't exactly getting any further info. Sony have messed up the launch of the PS2 - I read today that one launch title sold just 18 copies last week - 18!!! This developer and publisher must be ruing the day they signed up to develop for the Sony Europe.
Fri 01/12/00 at 17:54
fantasymeister wrote:
> That's a valid argument/opinion. But have console manufacturer's
> EVER advertised like that? Only in magazines, where the screen
> shots are very carefully released and airbrushed to make them look
> as perfect as possible. I think PS2 moving images aren't going to
> be released for now because of two factors:
>
> 1) Anticipation. The marketing stage is rather early, Sony have
> just started whetting the appetite. The console is already
> building up a large user base (3.5 million units sold to date),
> and the first 20 or so released games aren't really showing the
> console to its true potential, until that happens Sony are in
> control.
> Games developers, however, like EA, can and are advertising. The
> Kickus Maximus campaign has been televised recently, for example.
> I think Sony are going to build up until February or March before
> the next lot of units are shipped, then full blown advertising
> should arrive by Easter.
>
> 2) Delivery. Why spend a fortune on advertising a product now
> that no-one will be able to buy until April or so anyway?

Sony have spent £25million in the recent adds.
A waste of money.
Fri 01/12/00 at 17:56
Regular
I said that in one of my topics! Why even bother when they design it so badly!
Fri 01/12/00 at 18:15
Regular
Money + greed - talent = Crap advert
Fri 01/12/00 at 18:18
Regular
"Sanity is for loser"
It simply means the Playstation two will be third place out of the next-gen console!!!
PS, i'm back, I had to set up my new computer so could not be here. Please tell me whats been going on!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.