GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Tell me about yourselves"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 30/11/00 at 15:50
Regular
Just so I can build up a profile of each of you, i want to know how old you all are and what you look like. Anyone who 'comically' says 'I'm green with eight arms, ho ho' will be taunted until my throat (and fingers) are sore.
Thu 30/11/00 at 22:08
"High polygon count"
I'm 29, a computer programmer, living in Northampton but originally from London. I have one O-level and several GCSE's (I took my exams in the crossover year), and an A-level in Computer Science. At around 13, I spent the best part of a year in and out of Great Ormond Street Hospital for a series of operations on my lower back.

I started playing games and getting into programming at 8 years old when my parents bought me a Commodore VIC-20. I progressed through a Commodore 64 (which Great Ormond Street were kind enough to let me take in during most of my stays!) and Amiga to my current SR MAXX PC.

I always swore I'd never buy a console, until I went to buy a Saturn and a copy of Panzer Dragoon in 1995; but I saw the PlayStation running Wipeout, and walked out of Game with that instead. I also had a GameBoy and still have a Game Gear, which hasn't been used in ages. I was also lucky enough to get a PS2 on launch day.

I cycle to and from work, have four tattoos (two black panthers, one Amiga logo (yes, really - yes, I'd been drinking... be warned! - no, I don't regret it), and an England flag with my ex-fiancee's name under it (okay, I regret that one a bit), like most kinds of music - except Jazz.

Err... anything else?

Well, you did ask!
Thu 30/11/00 at 21:52
Regular
I'm in the mood for silly comments...

"it looks like a piece of toast"

Did you get butter on it?

"Rock your family!!!!!!!!"

Perhaps my grandmother, as she's the only one with the... never mind.
Thu 30/11/00 at 21:28
Ah-haaaa
My real name is Luke. I've got an A-Level in Music and I'm taking a gap year before I go to Uni in Cambridge to do Audio and Music Technology. I play guitar in the rockiest band ever (very reminiscent of Pavement/Spinal Tap), but I'm into all types of music. I've just got a PSOne and it looks like a piece of toast with on and eject buttons. I'm also into Web Design and there will be some examples of my work on the net real soon. I've got a beautiful girlfriend and tonight I've got a Chinese takeaway for dinner and I'm going to enjoy it (whilst listening to Captain Beefheart).

Rock your family!!!!!!!!
Thu 30/11/00 at 19:39
Regular
By the way dan584, due to phonebills and my lack of patience, I haven't read any of your large posts (They've mostly been said before a million times).

Try a bit more originality and try to keep things short and simple (see Grix's last win to get an idea of what I mean!)
Thu 30/11/00 at 19:36
Regular
My GCSE mocks finished today (so I would spend more time here if I didn't have the new Zelda game!)

I live in Leicester (near Rareware). I hope to create the Future of Gaming by bringing my skills to Rareware and later to Grix's own Swordspines.

I've won 2 games (within 3 months). I'm hoping that Perfect Dark on the Gameboy will arrive soon.
Thu 30/11/00 at 19:30
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Hi all... I'm 16, and have done my GCSEs. I'm now doing my AS levels in Maths, Further maths, additional maths, physics and computing. Hopefully I'll do computer sciences at university, and will probably go into games programming.

My hobbies are playing games (well duh!), cycling, chilling with mates and listening to all sorts of music... but not pop! Other than that, I'm quite good at chess and play a bit of bridge.

Rav
Thu 30/11/00 at 18:36
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
nice to see people kept to the topic, this happens alot now, Ali, you should try and do something about repeating words and stuff, or maybe you could just delete it.

I am 16, currently single I love N64 games, especially if they are cheap, I also love music and can't live unless i am listening to something through my stereo or walkman(MP3 players are the best), I spend most of my free time on this site, really intresting conversations happen and this is why i stay.
Thu 30/11/00 at 18:28
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Dan its quality not quantity we have heard all of that before!

:)
Thu 30/11/00 at 18:21
Regular
"I like cheese"
IT'S STILL NOT LONGET THAN DAN'S!!!
Oh well.
Thu 30/11/00 at 17:16
And a medal u shall get :)

i will never purchase a pirate game, i never have, i never will simply because it is immoral in some sense. I don't pay £40 either as this is RRP, I'd prefer to buy from such places as SR and other online shops.
£30 or less is better. 2nd hand is cheaper still.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.