GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Anyone fancy a puzzle?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 28/11/00 at 21:58
Regular
This is actually a true story, and took a while to work out by detectives. And I'm not suprised.

Deep in the forest was found the body of a man who was wearing only swimming trunks, snorkel and facemask. The nearest lake was 8 miles away and the sea was 100 miles away. How had he died?

I'll tell you the answer in a few days.
Sun 03/12/00 at 15:27
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Right got it, this is a test!
Sun 03/12/00 at 15:13
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Have you got Windows 98? If you have, don't change 'em. Instead click on Start, Programs, Accessories, System Tools, Character Map. The character map allows you to copy and paste all the symbols available to your PC onto where you are typing. Like here, }, and here, ž, and here Ž. :-)
Sun 03/12/00 at 15:06
Regular
"Excommunicated"
OK it does not work the computer make sthat dinging sound and nothing happens. How do you change your keyboard settings?

HELP!
Sun 03/12/00 at 15:04
Regular
Hold ALT and whilst it is held type the numbers, then release ALT.
Sun 03/12/00 at 15:02
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I cannot get it to work! do you hold down ALT then type the numbers?
Sun 03/12/00 at 15:02
Regular
There's a neat ant pic. on the Wingdings ALT 0188 but it comes out on here as ¼ , see?
Sun 03/12/00 at 14:57
Regular
"smile, it's free"
Yeah, for example you could have §H€€P¥
§ = ALT 21
h = h
€ = ALT 0128
p = p
¥ = ALT 190

I can only ever remember a few of them, but if you make a notepad file and just put all the possibilities in it, (
everything from ALT 1 to ALT 256 and from ALT 01 to ALT 0256 - it repeats if you go higher than this - )
then just copy & paste one when you need it.

I don't know how to type them on Unix machines, this only works for Windows as far as I know.
Sun 03/12/00 at 12:18
Regular
Venom is really the one you should speak to about it, I didn't realise it could be done until his crosses turned up next to his name. Basically, you change your user name, but instead of typing SHEEPY with just normal letters, you could have something like ShÉÉpy, using your alt key, for example É is alt+01225 on the numeric keypad, when you release the alt key the É appears. Depends how your keyboard is configured, but you can get all sorts of graphics, smilies, weird fonts and so on to make up your name with. As I said, ask Venom, he probably knows more codes than me.
Sun 03/12/00 at 12:12
Regular
"Excommunicated"
HA HA ! now really how did you do it
Sun 03/12/00 at 12:01
Regular
I started at level one, and as I got more skillful at posting better and better, I went up a few levels, then I evolved. I'm a Pokemon.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.