GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Touch Typing"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 01/10/02 at 19:10
Regular
Yes i want to put my self through hell and try and learn to touch type.
Wed 02/10/02 at 19:02
"Stupid Newbie :D"
You shouldn't need tutor software, Fosbe. It's actually a lot easier if you save yourself the confusion, and just try until you get it. It's actually easier than normal typing, because you can see what you're entering on the screen, rather than having to slowly tap at buttons and look at the keyboard concurrently - which means you have to constantly look up to see if you've made a mistake.

You'll probably find that you already can touch-type to a degree, and were just unaware of the fact.
Wed 02/10/02 at 17:27
Regular
"ProGolfer"
Yeh thats all good but has anyone actually got any websites where i can download them from?
Wed 02/10/02 at 16:43
Regular
"Wats_the_crack"
I don't like touch typing because I always hit something else.
Wed 02/10/02 at 16:23
Regular
"Unknown Legend"
I cna toich type, see :D
Wed 02/10/02 at 16:13
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
AfroJoe wrote:
> Just about a year ago I could type at 25 words per minute, and now I'm
> at 75, without looking at the screen.

---

That should be, "Without looking at the keyboard, or at the screen if I'm doing something else"

:-)
Wed 02/10/02 at 16:12
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Touch Typing is easily easy.

Just about a year ago I could type at 25 words per minute, and now I'm at 75, without looking at the screen. Yes, I make mistakes, but doesn't everyone?!

Hooray!

:-D
Wed 02/10/02 at 14:12
Regular
"everyone says it"
typing all of this without my eyes open, whch means they are shut and now I am looking aroun the room and dont think i have made any mistakes, its all good if you make sure your fingers are in the correct place, easiest way to do this is to touch the space bar with your thumbs, still going...

Yay! :)
Wed 02/10/02 at 13:33
Regular
"smile, it's free"
Typing with eyes cloaed.

Typing and loojubg awau ag ghe sams tims.

Finally, typing and lookinf ag the screen onlt.

(this should be called the retard thread)
Wed 02/10/02 at 13:18
"Darth Vader 3442321"
I thought that everyone has to touch the keys to type...

Unless they are lucky and get their pet monkey to type for them.
Wed 02/10/02 at 13:16
"Darkness, always"
OK i'm looking at hte screen while I type this.

I', looking at the phine whuke i tyoe this

I'm closing my eyes abd typhng this

I seem to type better with my eyes closed..

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.