GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Stuff rare there in the bag lets grab campcom"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 29/09/02 at 14:59
Regular
Yep xbox owners are in for another good ride, think if microsoft brought capcom. I know one thing is for sure its a great time to own an xbox.
Tue 01/10/02 at 09:55
Regular
Belldandy wrote:
> I disagree that if one company has a monopoly then people have to pay
> the price like Dave RJR says.
>
> What actually happens is it invites competitors to enter the industry
> you have that monopoly in and challenge it. Okay, on the PC this is
> still limited, though Linux, Sun, Star Office, Netscape, Opera e.t.c
> are all making massive inroads into Microsoft's market share in the
> home PC and business market.

What about Sky Vs ITVDigital/OnDigital or the old BSB. What about VHS Vs Betamax. Like I said, when you purchase a 1.25 Mazda 121 car, you are getting a Ford engine! As for Linux making a big dent in the Windows world, I don't know. I mean, if you only have Linux installed, you have to cross-grade all your software like Word, Corel, Quark, etc.
Tue 01/10/02 at 10:15
Regular
If nothing is done about it, we will have no option but to buy MS games and consoles in the future. Once the big M owns the lot (or most of it), we will be buying MS owned products without intending to. This idea about how people wont buy the products if they are owned by MS is rubbish. If so many games are under the MS flag, then if you want to play that game, you will have to buy it. Look at it this way, if GTA goes MS exclusive in the future - will most people stop buying the game? NO. It's up to Sony, Nintendo, and the others to fight back by using the same tactics. Like when Nintendo got the rights to the Resi series. They have to secure as many games as poss to stop the big M from getting at them. The company with the most "killer apps" secured will win.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.