GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Could this be World War 3?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 24/09/02 at 21:11
Regular
America have an annoying President, and a very big army.
England have an annoying Prime Minister and a very big army.

Iraq have some very dangerous weapons.

They seem even enough for this to escalate to much more.

If it's a war, I have 14 serious illnesses, I'm allergic to Clothing and I'm a very tall 4-year old.
Wed 02/10/02 at 12:32
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Belldandy wrote:
I have.... anyone who thinks that thing yesterday is a victory needs a
> brain scan ! "Peace in our time" all over again f you ask
> me.
--

It's a victory for people that don't usualy feel strongly enough about a subject to do anything at all.
This is how it starts, some people deciding "No, I dont agree" and going on a protest march.
It's grassroots awareness, a beginning. Better than simply going "Oh I dont agree with that" and going back to your life with no further action.

You cannot discard 350,000 people's opinions as a mob that needs a brain-scan.
It's personal belief and conviction.

I understand your views on this, but please try to refrain from sneering at those that wish to express another viewpoint to this whole pantomime.

Cheers mate.
Wed 02/10/02 at 12:14
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
Lombardo wrote:
> i think that they definately should not attack, see my post for more

I have.... anyone who thinks that thing yesterday is a victory needs a brain scan ! "Peace in our time" all over again f you ask me.

~~Belldandy~~
Tue 01/10/02 at 19:54
Regular
"Plotting Your Demis"
i think that they definately should not attack, see my post for more
Tue 01/10/02 at 19:07
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
Hurrah ! Iraq's agreed to the return of weapons inspectors ! No War ! All sites can be inspected ! Apart from 8 Presidential Palaces ! Er........ nope bad deal guys. Still I have no doubt that we'll eventually see what's hidden in these 8 sites, daisycutter's make a hell of a mess though.....

Seriously, this new deal the UN has made is rubbish, Hans Blix has commented;

"I'm asked by the Security Council to do this job, and I do it. I try to,"

Key word there is "try to", as if he wanted to stress that. Why add that phrase if you know you're not doing the job properly because of the self interest Russia and France have ? Why add it if you are doing the job ? anyone who heard him say that on tv has to wonder about the way he said it.

USA and the UK wanted ALL sites inspected, now the UN appears to be somewhat braindead in this respect, they've got ALL - 8 sites. If you want to hide something, and theres 8 places no one will look, where do you hide it ? Tough one that......

~~Belldandy~~
Fri 27/09/02 at 21:32
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
No offence Goatboy, but you sound one depressed guy.......

Realistic view of what's going to happen. UN spends next month or so in it's usual messing around. USA UK attack by themselves after Christmas, Saddam's Regime collapses in a week, interim government set up, sporadic fighting, internal mess e.t.c.

No call ups, no nukes, no flattening every square inch of Iraq.

~~Belldandy~~
Fri 27/09/02 at 17:17
Regular
I think if the E.U. really dislike Blair's strong Alliance to America, it could eventually divide the E.U.

It owuld then be like England, America, a few European countries and maybe Japan Vs. Iraq, surrounding countries and the other half of the E.U.

I know all this sounds quite depressing and at times worrying, but don't write out war just yet. I just hope they don't call innocents up for War that don't volunteer, because I don't want to die, I'm at a good place in my life and whatnot.
Thu 26/09/02 at 21:31
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Goatboy wrote:

I was thinking the other day that if the world was just to die I would be annoyed at some aspects but in another way I have this sick feeling of excitment that we all just die like that... no more work, insomnia, ignorant people... all go at once to who knows where.

End up as corpse on a dead planet or some spirit floating about somewhere
Thu 26/09/02 at 21:27
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Not intending to offend anyone at all, and it's just me speaking for my own opinions and feelings on this subject.

I hope it kicks off. I hope we invade, I hope Hussein lobs his weapons at us, I hope we strike back.
I hope Russia gets involved and I pray that there is an all-encompassing mushroom cloud that wipes this entire planet clean of each and every one of us.

Because I'm sick of people fighting, wars, hatred, religion, preachy sods on forums that do nothing but talk, footballers that get paid more than teachers, bigots, racists, stupid people, illiterate wife beaters, teenage deliquency, people that think borders of a country mean allegiance, people that open their mouths before they speak, people that actually think a console matters and argue about it, people that give a monkeys about what programme is on tv, morons that vote in Big Brother but have never voted in elections, anyone that calls an actor by their character name, Bush, Blair, Thatcher, Hussein, Bin Laden, Chirac, arrogant fools, simpering wimps that expect a free ride because "life sucks", real-life television game shows, police, politicians, the Daily Mail, The Sun, The Mirror, chat-shows, britney spears, stars in their eyes, fascists and anything else I can't force myself to bring up.

Sick of every single aspect I can think of to do with this hateful little race that thinks it's at the pinnacle of evolution.
Please, I pray for the total and utter annihilation of this ignorant retarded species.
Thu 26/09/02 at 20:15
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
Well firstly, this isn't anything to do with colonialism, except in the minds of the anti war brigade who love the imagery the word brings to mind, and before we Brits get all high and mighty in that area we need to remember that for 300 odd years our nation was built on colonising and enslaving parts of Africa and South America.

Oil ? Again, only the anti war brigade fails to see that if the USA and UK wanted oil then there are a lot easier politically safer ways of doing it than a war with Iraq - Africa, Russia, Norht Sea, Alaska. All of these just require extraction facilities and a bit of geo surveying. You don't need to mobilise the 101st either....

Business ? Well we have armies whether we are at war or not. Whilst many groups like to believe the West still sells arms to places like Iraq, Iraq can actually manufacture it's own weapons, and receives military equipment via the Russian black market, arms dealers and China - through deniable back channels. Yes, it would be a boon for US and UK arms makers, but most of hte big money projects like HALO (British Aerospace) and Aurora in the USA (Lockhhed ??) are well underway and take time to finish. Both countries armies take part in UN and other peacekeeping missions as well which also require the expenditure of arms, strangely no one much mentions this... Both countries have more business to lose from war than to gain, look at the stockmarkets and oil prices !

What happens after Saddam ? Get a crystal ball ! Seriously, a transitional government like the one seen in Afghanistan, or one similar to that seen in Post War Germany. Both USA and UK officials have talked about this at great lengths - you just don't see those soundbites on the 6 o clock news and the tabloids. At the moment the british media, with a few exceptions, is behind the anti war brigade, and they won't report anything to counter that if they don't have to ! It is always easier to say to people "don't" than "do".

At the end of the day the anti war groups are guilty of a lot more than the USA and UK will ever be in this whole affair. They've misled the public, manipulated public opinion and the media, and have questionable motives, hiding behind anti capitalist rhetoric and ideology, and tehy've also whipped up the religious aspect of this.

Usually, when you're looking for the guilty parties in anything, you look at who is shouting the loudest. I think that's Iraq, Saddam, and the anti war brigade at the moment.

Truth is, the course for war is set, when our forces go in they need support because the army doesn't go to war, politicians do. We all voted, or could have, these politicians in, and we could all have known what positions they'd take. If you didn't want to see this then you should have voted for Charles Kennedy :P

~~Belldandy~~
Thu 26/09/02 at 19:46
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
Yeah...monkeys rule and stuff.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.